main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    @tom I know; goes back to Jeanine (and Pelinka) not being infallible: probably would have been better to not have signed him in the first place; pay Caruso, and build up the rest of the roster another way clearly would have been the smarter move.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    KnightWriter and tom like this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Phoenix handled Detroit in an early game today. I watched most of the game, but happened to miss Cade Cunningham's superb dunk that was followed by a second technical foul and therefore an ejection. These taunting calls are out of control in both the NFL and NBA. Cunningham was clearly pointing at his own bench, which was on the same side of the court. Just a dumb, unnecessary call. Did you happen to see it @CT-867-5309?

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I watched the game on television, and I did see both dunks. He was very demonstrative and that's what they called. No big deal. Phoenix was running away with it, anyway.

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    San Antonio played Phoenix very well for most of the game and had the Suns down twelve at one point in the third quarter. Then Phoenix hit the gas and zipped past the Spurs in just a couple minutes of game time. Devin Booker went for 48 and Bismack Biyombo had a 17/14 double double.

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Would you believe he was in foul trouble earlier in the game? Also it's the Pacers first road win in 2-months. [face_hypnotized]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    maybe this will get him going.

JEDI-RISING and DarthTunick like this.
  8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Current happenings aside with my team, I always scoff at folks who say "ehh, the regular season don't matter much" when it comes to enjoying certain things, and well, look at that happiness. A hell of a thing.

Runjedirun likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Niiiiice win yesterday; AD looked pretty spry out there, even with a minutes restriction. Glad they’re going to keep Stanley Johnson for some time… hope they don’t regret that.

10. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Well the Hawks starters finally came alive

Runjedirun likes this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Definitely. I said at the start of the season that our City Edition unis are straight fire... so long as you know the history. If not, they could look pretty bizarre. But rocking The Spectrum all season is grand.

I was at the game. Been testing negative for 15 days but I still went in dressed like one of the doctors from The Crazies. Freakin classic game to be at. Good to see AD back and he seems to be in fine enough shape. Embiid's streak of scoring 40 ended but it was still a great matchup.

Runjedirun and DarthTunick like this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It's quite the sight to see how good & spry AD has looked in this 2-games back thus far, though from my perspective, it was annoying that his great play yesterday didn't help the effort in the end; Monk cooled off a bit, and well, it may have helped if LeBron had played. :p

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was really concerned about what Monk would do after his recent run but he didn't cause as much damage as I feared. AD really looked great. I wasn't regretting the lack of LeBron, mainly because half our starting lineup was also out so it wasn't some sort of lopsided advantage to either team. Curry being out has sucked but we have managed to win a tonload of recent games without him. And you can simply ask Shaq where our point guard is. :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    @anakinfansince1983 No AD or LeBron tonight; all eyes on Westbrook & Monk from a Laker perspective. :p

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No Kelly Oubre either. :(

17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll be watching the Hawks game. Nervous AF. They need to keep winning. I would switch over and catch a bit of both, but I still haven't sprung for ESPN. If it doesn't snow too much I can catch some highlights on Sports Center in the gym tomorrow morning.

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I need to set myself a reminder that this thread exists as I follow the NBA closely for decades now (with a short break in the boring 2000s)

I wonder if I want to declare my preferences and likes/dislikes so that people can have a bias with what I type.

To hell with it, why not:

• I have supported the Chicago Bulls historically, but as the years go by I just want the best team to win every year.
    • That excludes the self-proclaimed king and the team he's in. I want him to lose until he retires, and I hope he retires soon.
    • The teams I follow these days the most are the Golden State Warriors, the Memphis Grizzlies and the Dallas Mavericks.
    • I also particularly like the Milwaukee Bucks since I grew up 4 miles from where Giannis grew up and have spent there 26 years of my life.
    • Teams I generally like: Bulls, Hornets, Bucks, Warriors, Mavericks, Blazers, Suns, Grizzlies, Timberwolves
    • Teams I somewhat dislike: Clippers, Pistons, Wizards, 76ers
    • Teams I want to lose any and every game: Lakers

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Just heard on the Laker pregame: Monk is out, too. [face_plain]

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think Gordon Hayward has Covid. We’re both missing some guys.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    They're shooting well thus far, while the Lakers aren’t.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    didn't expect kyrie to be playing. i guess sf lifted their vaccine mandate?

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Wasn't it only for local people (like the NY mandate) and not visitors?

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    ah, yeah that's probably it.

25. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I wondered why ESPN advertised he was playing for the past two weeks. I kept asking myself isn't he not allowed to play in either city? There's always a loophole, I guess.