main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Memphis is like…really good

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I see they decided to try to ruin Christmas day basketball with a screechy Alicia Keys. Could really go for Roundball Rock.

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Happy Anniversary!

:p

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Throw it down, Aaron Gordon!

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Par for the course on Christmas Day for me. Finally, the Knicks game is on my mom's TV and she serves dinner at the beginning of the 4th quarter. All five teams I would have wanted to win, lost. The highlight of the whole Christmas Day games was Ja's purple shoes. And yes I know they will be available in April, they are his shoe. Very nice. I wonder if they are as heavy as all other basketball shoes. I went to the Addidas store just to examine Trae's shoe and as a runner, someone who wears the lightest shoes possible I just don't understand the weight of basketball shoes. Is it really easier to jump that high when your shoes weigh two pounds each?

Also, I got my son Knicks shorts and shirt and a OKC t-shirt and he opened the box and hugged me. He's wearing his Knicks outfit today. I got myself a whole box of NBA gear for Christmas because read above mom serving dinner during the Knicks game. No one in my family understands anything I enjoy in life. Maybe my son, he doesn't have any money of his own just yet.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I just saw that during the Pistons/Nets game, Detroit put up a huge menorah with Happy Hanukkah and also a spinning globe of round earth on the screens every time Kyrie was at the line.

I need to buy Pistons gear and support such a fine franchise.

8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Pistons just blew a 14 point lead with 3:34 left after the Clippers emptied their bench. Miserable season.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm selling all my new Pistons gear!

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Jesus, we've choked the Mavs game away, and Barrett is hurt

11. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Luka with a 60 point 20 reb triple double, wow

12. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    He’s special. That’s all there is to say

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Bol Bol with a Go Go Action Thunk over Stew. They gave him a runway, he took off, and those arms just kept stretching.

Stew ran down the court and carved out space for a baseline layup. He obviously wanted to get one back.

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

LeBron is still good at this basketball thing. :p Hell of a goddamn niiiiice win, to say the least; that’s some birthday!

Also really dug the Hawks alternate look, particularly with the peach as part of the midcourt logo. Fantastic.

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, I said that when the Hawks debuted their court this year. I even bought a t-shirt with the peach basketball, of course the Hawks can't get along and play basketball, but at least the logo is cool.

There's a game between the Pelicans and the Grizzlies tonight. If you don't have New Year's plans your plan should be to watch this game.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, ummm ...

Damn. Luka, y'all

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Knicks ended 2022 with a win last night and I learned that when teams stay in OKC they stay in a haunted hotel. The story was told by the Knicks commentators randomly during the game, and sure enough it's documented online:

The Skirvin: The US' most haunted hotel? - BBC Travel

From the article:

Lakers forward Metta Sandiford-Artest, formerly known as Ron Artest, claimed he was assaulted by an amorous ghost at the Skirvin in 2016. In 2010, Ed Curry, a seven foot, 295-pound centre for the New York Knicks, slinked off to spend most of his Skirvin stay in the room of 5'9, 180-pound teammate Nate Robinson for protection. Kyrie Irving, now with the Brooklyn Nets, has plans to star in a film about the Skirvin's hauntings.

"I don't think it's haunted," said Petra Germany, the hotel's current artist-in-residence who makes cosplay weapons and armour. "I think NBA players are just a bunch of sissies."

Now I know where not to stay if I ever go to Oklahoma City.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/week17picks&sportCat=nfl

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Hornets wearing their ‘CLT’ jerseys tonight…

[​IMG] .

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    donovan mitchell, oh my goodness.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    71/8/11

And OMG that bucket to send it to overtime

I look forward to everyone getting it wrong on Jeopardy going forward when the answer is "he holds the franchise record for the Cleveland Cavaliers for points scored in a single game", and the nerds can only guess it's LeBron.

22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    2 days into 2023 and the NBA is on fire.
    Though it makes sense, the way that the previous year ended.

Donovan Mitchell oh my goodness. The dude was already phenomenal in Utah, he is legendary in Cleveland. This is the best example of a player who has transcended to a whole new level because he is playing free, relaxed and happy in this environment. Luka Doncic is one of the three smartest players in the league right now, along with Jokic and Steph Curry. The plays he makes and the passes he completes are a spectacle to watch, and the same is true for the Joker. I think the Mavericks and the Nuggets are the most fun teams to watch right now in the NBA, along with both NBA finalists of 2022 of course. The Celtics remain pretty damn great even after the whole Udoka mess, and the Warriors are finding ways to win even when they are depleted.

The West is just crazy this year. So far 6 teams if I am counting correctly have had the top spot, and it keeps changing all the time. Plus, the 1st placed team has a 24-13 record right now, and the 9th placed team has a 20-18. Absurd really.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    Runjedirun and Juliet316 like this.
  23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    The end of regulation was maybe as impressive as the number in the points column. Unbelievable performance.

This pettiness is hilarious, but I want you to know 2010 Lloyd appreciates it

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the mavericks are one of my least favorite teams to watch. luka is undeniably great, but that style of iso-ball isn't any more fun than it was when it was harden on the rockets. i just don't find it aesthetically pleasing at all, i'd much rather watch the hornets or the magic.

25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    What pettiness? Are you out of your mind?
    I just gave a compliment to the 3 smartest players in the league, nothing petty about that.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023