main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

It happened again last night!

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  2. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    So, I know you were all keyed into Thunder/Lakers last night (Sha played this time, @tom :p; no D'Lo, though)... close win (5-points!) for the purple & gold; season series won against OKC, just 1 1/2 games out of 5th & 6th, and hell, 2 out of 4 (why not hope a little?!), and back to .500 for the first time in over a year.

[​IMG]

@The Jedi in the Pumas I like that; and cue the "how the mighty have fallen!" snark, potentially. :p

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Nah, I have to get up easy coast time, but I did watch the Grizzlies crush Houston. For the first time in a long time the Grizzlies looked like they were having a blast and Ja looked unstoppable. So, fun seeing the hometown crowd celebrate their play-off birth. I'm not really a Memphis fan, but I do like seeing happy people. And I just like the Memphis crew/stadium experience.

You guys my short term achievable goal is to buy an electric car and "guilt free" road trip to as many NBA games as I can. Memphis, Minneapolis and Atlanta are at the top of my list.

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I was being a little facetious with that opening comment. :p

If I ever get the means to truly travel, I’d love to visit various NBA arenas/cities as well, as the Lakers make their various road trips in a season. Would be really niiiiice, particularly to see games in NYC, Cleveland, Phoenix, Portland & Sacramento in person. Actually had a dream some months ago where I was at MSG, for instance, for something else, but thinking in said dream ”The ambiance is pretty cool here.”

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    LloydChristmas and Runjedirun like this.
  5. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Hoping the next time we hear from Ben Simmons is to announce he is retiring and moving back to Australia. If I ever see that loser again it'll be too soon.

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    On a wide perspective note, I think the end of season disparity between teams having easy versus hard schedules is tweaking my last nerve. I get that for the most part, the ones that have road heavy schedules at the end started the season with home heavy ones, but still. The need for insane numbers of back to backs in late March is ridiculous! If you must, do that in early March. They need to scale back number of games even if they end up in early April IMO, to like 72. It was crowded when they did that in 2021 but the total number was perfect. Fans are happy, players are rested. I believe any revenue they lose with the 10 fewer games could be made up in other ways ... Without sacrificing fan blisses ;) and players being available.

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    • The Mavericks are basically on a free fall, losing twice in a row to the Hornets. Respect to the team from Charlotte, but Dallas should have won these two if they want to get in the playoffs, or even the play-in tournament at this point. It's somewhat absurd that the team was better before Irving joined them, but certainly not inexplicable and not fully unexpected. The dude is bad news for any team he joins at this point.

• Utah and Oklahoma are in a bad form when it matters the most, so something tells me they won't make it to the playoffs, even if one of them makes the play-in.

• The Pelicans, the Warriors and the Lakers on the other hand, are playing well now that it matters the most. The Warriors are in better standing right now, but I expect all three of them to make it to the playoffs. The Suns and the Clippers are wildcards at this point. And with tough schedules.

• Giannis is my MVP for the year. Embiid is impressive and has the numbers but his team is 3rd in the East and he doesn't seem to be as dominant as the other two players. Jokic is essentially the reason why the Nuggets are contenders and might average a triple double for the season, but his team is also underperforming lately, and he scores less than in his two MVP years (but he does a lot more in total, admittedly). Giannis appears to be the most dominant of the three though, and his team will almost certainly finish 1st in the entire NBA. I don't think this would even be a conversation if he had increased his 3P% and his FT%. A very tight race though, I wouldn't be surprised if any of those 3 players gets the award.
    I am very excited for the playoffs, both conferences will be very interesting! Albeit, the Eastern Conference might start getting really interesting in the Conference Semifinals, I don't think any of the first 3 teams will be in danger of elimination on the first round. The Cavs VS the Knicks/Heat will be fun though! In the West..... no prediction is safe.

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I see Draymond is in full meltdown mode today.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Or as we call it, Tuesday

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Boston running up the score on Milwaukee. Up 44 late in the third. All the starters in, Tatum knocking down one three after another.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    Chromide likes this.
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Antetokounmpo to Blake Griffin, maybe. But not really.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I always pictured this as a hard and challenging thing because of the riduculous gauntlet in the schedule but never in my worst speculations did I expect the score to be THAT lopsided. [face_bleh] Over the summer I want the Bucks to get someone who can shoot the lights out from three [face_batting] ... Yay! :D

As for the MVP poll, Giannis ... natch. ^:)^ =D=

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So this happened yesterday

Also this hilarious pic

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  14. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Can some more knowledgeable than I am explain a Mid season tournament to me? What’s the point?

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    What a game in Atlanta, they clinched a play-in spot and Dallas lost. Overtime game that went down to the final possession. Dallas really just lost by missing free throws in regulation, lol.

And the Knicks clinched a play-off spot but I couldn't watch because they played the local team.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  16. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
  17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Surreal any time I see someone take over the top spot of any Cavs list from LeBron

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Lakers moving on up; so, so close to 6th & 5th... a mere half game!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bucks were convincingly dominant over the Sixers. Giannis made a statement LOL =D= Jrue and Khris and Brook and Bobby are just fantabulous! :D

20. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I’m excited at the opportunity to get the 5th seed…

Not excited about facing the suns…

That being said… think we would pull it off. People are saying the Kings would be an easier matchup, but… im not sure. I’ll just be happy to not to be in the play in

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    The answer to everything, my friend, is MONEY

22. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    [​IMG]

Never a Doubt.

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Biggest Clippers/Lakers game tomorrow in some time, to say the least.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

They better ****ing play.

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm certainly not a Clippers fan, but when Russell Westbrook gets a highlight on SportsCenter I still blow him a kiss even when I'm running on the treadmill at a gym where anybody could be wondering what exactly I'm doing. And most of all it's a good morning.

I watched most of the Knicks win last night. Call me crazy but I think they have a chance against Cleveland. I'd really like it if Randall was healthy though.

tom likes this.