main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SUPER-DUPER COSTUME AND PROPS THREAD !

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jun 9, 2003.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    AuttyBot likes this.
  2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Been quite a while since I pulled together a new costume. In fact, I'm having trouble remembering what the last new one was... maybe Clara from DW or Star Trek (Abrams)? In any case, I finally took the plunge on a long-desired Stargate off-world team costume. I now have the offworld jacket, bdu pants, better patches and some boots that will be good enough for my needs. I have to shorten the pants (of course!). I purchased the custom jacket... sad to say, even with measurements and being sewn from scratch it somehow came out too big across the shoulders, and as a result the sleeves hang down too long. I think I could hide/fix that with a tac-vest, but I won't have one of those for a long time, if ever. I've spent enough $$ already, not spending more on a custom tac-vest and my track record for sewing myself is not good these days. But still, I am hoping to have fun with what I have at this point. I've seen files for 3D printing the zat weapon, and might sometime give that a try on a friend's printer.