main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Personally I want to know what's going on with Luke's other fallen students, are they alive, if so are they being set up to carry the Darkside banner into future films...what's the game plan with these characters?

DARTH_BELO and afrojedi like this.
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    On that note I've always been under the impression that the only students that died were the ones that were loyal to Luke, i.e. the students most firmly in the light side. If that's true why were the dark side students able to dominate the light side students? Did the dark side students have an advantage over the light siders? If so what was it?

Maybe I've read this all wrong and some of the students that died were on the dark side too?

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Edit.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  4. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    totally fake rumours about KoR and all with LOTS of red flags
    VS
    VeryLikely confirmed stuff from MSW's report today: black park will be used for two different planets : a jungle world for act 1...and a swamp planet. There's a ground battle between the FO and the Resistance fighters happening there, and the way JJ shoots the movie it certainly is part of act 3...main actors don't appear to be present for the scene.

So are why are we discussing the bogus leak instead of the real deal?? :confused: :D

5. Darth Gummybear

Darth Gummybear Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2016
    I agree... I suppose it is because the actual confirmed spoilers sound a little....boring. We know there will likely be some kind of ground battle between the Resistance and FO at some point in the film and that setup is not that intriguing.

As usual, it is the unconfirmed (fake) stuff that sounds more interesting and discussion worthy.

6. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I wish those new reddit rumors were true, I really do... But they're not. As others have said, too many red flags.

If just one of those rumors could be true, I hope it's that Rey's blade looks different now as a result of the crystal crack from TLJ. It doesn't have to look EXACTLY like Kylo's, but having it be at least somewhat different from the way it looked before would be nice.

7. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Bogus character-related leaks are more fun to discuss and argue about than terrain

dekaneas and Darth Smurf like this.
  8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So Rey will see Ghost Luke on the swamp planet right? Dagobah 2.0? And Luke will make some joke about it?

9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    So has it been confirmed that the good guys are still called the resistance I kinda got the impression from TLJ that they where transitioning in to a new rebel alliance

10. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, that'll be interesting to see. I kinda got the sense they might be phasing into calling themselves "Rebels" at the end of TLJ, like a kind of nostalgic clarion-call to anyone out there who sympathized with them back in the day. But honestly not sure it's a great idea, it'd surely give the "retread" people ammunition. Still, I could get behind it.

11. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    well the ride at galaxies edge thats suppose to take place in-between TLJ and IX is called Rise of the resistance so I doubt there calling themselves the new rebel alliance thou rebel and resistance seem to be interchangeable at this point

12. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    Person/People of color is a term of solidarity.

p.s. I don't care what Kylo's helmet looks like. The situation is like Garfield's Spider-Man, it holds no importance to the story now.

13. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    That's pretty superficial. Removing it sure as hell had significance in TLJ, I can't see how him deciding to bring it back wouldn't too. It's all pointing to his state of mind and how he sees himself. TLJ he's shrugging off his devotion to Snoke and obsession with all things old, ie. Vader, becoming his own man, there's nothing to say he can't have qualified that and found some new ideology for himself since. Especially if there's a time jump.

A sort of "damaged, impure" Vader, not necessarily conflicted (as he's pretty much jumped into the Dark Side Pool with both feet by the third act of TLJ), but...something other than Sith/whatever side-philosophy Snoke was, serving no doctrine but still in all this for himself, seems a way it might go. The helmet absolutely plays into that, especially if it's all effed-up.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Jason Ward on twitter: "My update for tomorrow is crazy"

It better not be about The Mandalorian, but I have a feeling it is...

Darth_Bertie, cerealbox and dekaneas like this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    My guess: They will announce Episode 9 & 10

Luke02 likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Why not?

17. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Warning - Mandalorian spoiler inside

Mods, do we need spoiler tags here for Mandalorian stuff?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  18. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Don't they just make pig noises? What a fitting coda to a great career.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  19. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    The Hondo conversation with them in Rebels was priceless.
    They definitely need now Richard Dreyfuss showing up as Hondo

Blobofat likes this.
  20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Just watched Lorenzo's Oil. Hard to see Augusto Odone as an Ugnaught. Maybe he will have an Italian accent.

Anyway, I don't really care too much about the Mandalorian. I hope Jason has some IX stuff.

21. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Oinkissimo Squeeelicelli!

cwustudent likes this.
  22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ugh (no pun intended with this new intel), today is going to be dominated about news of Nolte's portrayal as an Ugnaught!

23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    As much as you know you are anticipating the show (so am I), you got to give the hype is still stronger for IX.

24. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I don't even need a damn trailer. Just give me a couple of pictures or a poster or something.

25. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    I'm guessing there will be a quiet Christmas dump. Well not quiet. It will break the internet. But it's a day most people are home. So that could be a day where it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.