main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I think Daisy said she was done (she seems done with the public spotlight in general after being harassed off social media and commenting on how "fans" were booing at the London premiere for this film), and Oscar said something similar I think. John said he would return if the other two did but he had no interest in Disney+ (he said it in a much nastier way though). I think they need a few years break but we will see them back eventually. Keep in mind that Mark, Carrie, and Harrison all said they were done with Star Wars in 1983 as well. Some people have speculated that Disney/Lucasfilm will want to bring the cast back or even greenlight an Episode X for 2027, the 50th Anniversary of Star Wars.

2. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Fans were booing? Jeez.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Midnight's Edge is claiming Goerge Lucas was not invited to the movie premiere. although it's not quite that simple. Lucas and Disney had a mutual agreement that he wouldn't go due to him not being the biggest Fan of Disney Star Wars, as it obviously puts him in an awkward situation if he is asked about it on the night. and also Lucas is a shareholder in Disney so he can't bad mouth the films either. so the arrangement was that he would support the film silently.

Whether this is true or not. who knows.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    All_Powerful_Jedi likes this.
  4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Mizzlewump for one last time:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2014/09/new-star-wars-episode-7-leaks-plot-rumors.html

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Iger stated as much in his book where he says he and Lucas had a deal that he wouldn’t say anything bad about the new movies

6. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Wait I thought those guys that he fought with the blue saber were the Knights of Ren. One of em had the big buster sword.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes they were

8. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Yup. Knights of Ren

9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
  10. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
  11. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This is more of a "what-if" scenario.

Darth Nobunaga likes this.
  12. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    You know, reading the Jedi Paxis leaks summaries really gave more context to what was happening in the book because if I had went without knowing I feel like I would be lost, can’t wait for the book to expand more the plots in the movie...

cerealbox likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  14. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    What does mango mean to the kids these days? Is it internet slang of some kind? Why would it be used as an answer to a question?

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it means Mango and nothing more.

16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I REALLY loved this movie! I would have thrown in a few things-but they would have been about icing. THis is the spoiler thread so let's get to it:
    1. Show Zorri's whole face. Kerri Russell is photogenic for sure so why hold out? (oh yeah-because of future tv shows)
    2. Show an epilogue. ROTK, HPDH2, and Endgame had them, why not this one? Differentiate it from the end of ROTJ. Show Poe as the new chancellor on Coruscant with a statue of Leia erected and addressing the people with a message of hope.
    3. Show Ben at the end with Luke and Leia.

Can anyone say "future D+ tv shows?" This is clearly where they may be thinking.

But NONE of these are worthy of a bad rating for the movie. The movie was GREAT! And the above things I mentioned can all be imagined. Can be said about any movie and they don't change the film itself.

17. NarcBear

NarcBear Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2019
    Yes, I was mistaken. I didn't think of them on my first viewing because I didn't think they'd be there on Exogal and I didn't know they knew Kylo turned.

18. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    A lot of money for one day of work ha!

christophero30 likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll be very curious how much he was payed

Rodie likes this.
  20. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Me too. Let's also not discount the fact that Ford may really respect Adam Driver as an actor and was looking forward to doing one more scene with him. That could have been a factor for him as well. I feel like he'd come back to work with Driver again or Hamill, but if it was any other kind of scene, he'd have said no thanks.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think it would have worked anywhere else anyway

22. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I hope this puts the "Ford hates SW" rumors to rest.

IlhamKamaruddin and Rodie like this.
  23. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I think at one point, it was said that the ending wasn't just one scene but a full montage of scenes so I figured it was going to show all the principal characters and what they're up to after the Final Order is defeated. Clearly not the case. I think they may have left the ending ambiguous on purpose so that in the future, they can come up with whatever and not be beholden to what was depicted in TROS.

However, I love your idea of Poe becoming the new chancellor on Coruscant, or wherever the New (New) Republic capitol would be, with a statue of Leia. It reminds me of how Bloodline started with a statue of Bail Organa being unveiled and it would be one more thing to demonstrate Leia's legacy in the film and overall saga.

I was annoyed at Ben's lack of force ghost at first because I couldn't understand why he wouldn't show up, but I'm okay with it now because they've clearly left it ambiguous so that they can bring him back later and say it's allowed because he never fully crossed over as a force ghost.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think he ever hated Star Wars he was just tired of Han Solo being his most memorable role.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Long have I waited... to lock this horrible thread. It's been a fun seven years but the end has come. The rumor phase of the ST is now over.

[​IMG]

So long!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.