main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  2. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    jedijax

The only way EP9 can transition is with a time jump - say 3 years & unfortunately Leia will "Spoiler" maybe not ? die off screen & have a statue or memorial to her....

3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Oh boy. I look forward to two years of those who loved TFA but hated TLJ praying that Abrams saves the trilogy. /s

I liked TLJ a lot. Might even love it after repeat viewings. I feel that we’re almost at a blank state. I definitely feel we’re not done with Luke or with Snoke. Here’s to the next two years. It’ll be like being stuck at the edge of a blackhole, slowly being drawn out stretched.

4. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    For those asking if there is fertile ground for IX to leap into, the final scene says: absolutely.

Personally I see it going down a Spartacus route - a less organised, more sheer weight of numbers total galaxy-wide revolt, rather than a small, tight rebellion/resistance. Hence the war to end all wars.

DarthIshyZ and Darth Nikean like this.
  5. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The mods here are degenerates.

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
  7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No, because it says that JJ is not able to do a great movie. And believe it or not, there are plenty of people that like JJ movies more than RJs. It is simply a matter of taste.

rebelknight1 likes this.
  8. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    Darth Smurf

No No No I never said JJ can't do a great movie "I loved the Force Awakens" don't get me wrong but that was the set up TLJ was the pay off in my opinion....

9. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Heh, now that I think of it, I would love that. :D

10. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Ok. then I misunderstood you.

11. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    I have goosebumps thinking about all the rumours for this movie. Basically anything and everything is on the table now.

12. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Honestly the only goosebumps I have is when I ask myself wtf the LF storycrew is doing all day. I would really be interested if there was someone that stood up at some point and asked if this trash script was meant seriously

13. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    Right now i'm in a twitch streamers chat(streaming Jedi Academy) and what i am seeing is that people are talking about is the joy of star wars,not the "this is SW and thats not".It's all about childhood memeries and such.They just want to watch SW.Luke,Leia,Rey and the rest.Joy is what they are saying.Are we missing some here?This won't be the best movie ever but it may end up being a good Star Wars movie.Remember the hope,the wonder when you first watched it as a child.And i think this is what Disney and the rest is going for.Hope,Wonder.I have yet to see this Movie and i probably will see later then most but none the less.Say what you won't but please try and remember what you felt as a kid.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  15. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    TLJ may honestly be my fav SW movie, but I'm more glad JJ is back for IX lol. He'll get back to the root of Rey and Finn's characters which was lacking a little in TLJ (though more than made up by other things - and can easily be fixed in IX).

16. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Ok, lets stop being depressed and start talking about some rumors.

Hot topic on reddit :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLe...e_was_definitely_a_ship_on_the_horizon_after/

There was a ship on the horizon of Ahch-To after Luke stops projecting

- Is it a ship?
    - Is it space coma Leia astral projection?
    - Dirt on the lense of the camera?
    - Lando coming back?
    - The ship of Reys parents searching for getting back to Jakku to rebuy their daughter?
    - Plagueis?
    - Something that JJ will ignore in IX?

DarthIshyZ and rebelknight1 like this.
  17. wilyen

wilyen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    Please recruit the underworld to fight the fo. I want to learn more about how a lil ol grandma became a pirate captain.

18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Should there be a separate thread along the lines of "Where do they go from here?" rather than have it discussed in the rumors/spoilers thread?

Speculation about what the plot may be for IX is just that-speculation.

I will say that Rey may actually search around to find out more about her actual family. She probably won't let this go. JJ set up an urgency for Rey and family so I doubt he'll let Rian slam that door shut. Maybe she finds out there's more to that story.

Avnar likes this.
  19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    It's Maz Kanata

DarthIshyZ and rebelknight1 like this.
  20. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Now that you say it [face_laugh]

cerealbox likes this.
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, this thread (which it looks like you've found) would be better for that:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/what-now.50047265/

22. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    this is true. Gripes about JJ and his stupid gimicks, he has at least 3 movies that I enjoyed. RJ has 1 movie that i thought was pretty good.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    If there isn't they messed with us for the last 2 years for no good reason! Her being a no-one is not a bombshell that needed to be hidden... It should have just been on the table as exactly that instead of being some huge secret!

I don't want to get into the whole "Who are Reys parents really??" thing as that has made me dizzy the last few years BUT remember after TESB some people thought Vader was lying to Luke about being his father... Maybe Kylo is lying to her about being a no-one. I'll accept what we have but keep this in the back of my head.

rebelknight1 likes this.
  24. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
  25. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Over the next two years, how many non-constructive posts bashing TLJ do you anticipate making? 5000? 10,000? I've seen you doing so in almost every IX thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.