main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    This 3PO memory mcguffin stuff reminds me that the droids were supposedly the ones witnessing and telling the story in the first place. (Or was that just an galactic-urban legend).

C3PO has seen the entire Skywalker story. We've seen him tell part of that story in EP 6. Maybe it all ends with him getting his memory restored and the movie ends with him and R2 blasting off in some ship, setting off for some other adventure.

2. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Crash landing on Earth in an area that would thousands of years later be known as California. Until a young man by the name of George goes out digging behind his home and finds a space ship and a power supply for C3PO and the droid tells young George the tale of Star Wars and a planet he encountered just prior to Earth called THX 1138.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The twist will be during the zero g fight scene when, "Nuthin but a G Thang" starts playing.

4. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Now I want this to be thing.

In fact, I now want this to be a "G Thang"

5. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    This works not only for the pun but also because of JJ’s history of inserting rap into sci-fi IPs not known for it.

[​IMG]

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If he directed Rogue One he could’ve used the song, “Gin and Juice”.

ami-padme and TadoFett like this.
  7. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    Man i love JJ.

After the rumour desert that was TLJ before release, this has been a buffet of goodness.

Macguffins, the beyond, new baddie that forces kylo/rey stories to converge, locked away memories from 3PO. It just gets my tingles going. Feeling like i did before VII again.

[​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek and TadoFett like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Remember what the MSW rumor said. The reveal would be controversial for a lot of fans, while others may be delighted by it. I hope it's not an Earth thing, but I don't put it past JJ to go there for the end of the saga...

[​IMG]

9. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Since the trailer is finished and will be released in 16 days, I'm surprised we haven't heard rumors, both real and fake, about it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  10. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    I remember MSW said that it would be more controversial than delightful... Apparently people who found that delightful were not hardcore fans of SW... They even said that what we had in TLD didn't seem controversial compared to that....

16 days... !!

TadoFett likes this.
  11. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015
    Supposedly Oscar Issac teased a bigger role for 3PO on Fallon or some media appearance?

Anyone seen it? Is it just usual click-baiting of some random quote or something to this in the context of the MSW story?

12. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Considering 3PO had 2.5 minutes of screen time in TLJ, it's easy for his role to be bigger. I mean a 100% bigger role is...5 minutes. 50% bigger is 3.75 minutes.

Here's what Oscar Isaac said AFAIK.

Oscar Isaac: “What was particularly special was the day that I finished on these three massive movies that for me have been such a huge part of my life, right after it was like, ‘Okay, Oscar’s done.’ And then I said a few words. ‘And it’s also Anthony Daniels’ [C-3PO] last day on set!’ Way to take the thunder.” “[Anthony Daniels] was super emotional about it and hanging up the golden cowl. And I think, really, and I mean this, this time he kept saying this was the most fun he’s had ’cause he had so many fun things to do and we got to work a lot together. It was just amazing to see that piece of history close.” (March 15, 2019)

13. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015
    ok, so not much to go on. Thanks for find it Magnar .

14. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Considering the fact that Lucas himself was going to use the sequel trilogy to reveal that the heroes and villains of the saga were shadow puppets waging a proxy war in a microbiotic conflict, I could see JJ feeling secure in pulling a really far-out, conceptual twist that retrospectively changes our perceptions of the entire series. I’d really like to see him do something crazy like that. I’d also be fine if he plays it really safe and just gives us a slow pitch, guaranteed home-run, crowd-pleasing blockbuster.

(I also hope twenty years from now Disney releases all of Lucas’ notes for the sequel trilogy, because that stuff sounds fascinating). [face_praying]

DaddlerTheDalek and TadoFett like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s what I meant to say. Lots of fans would find it controversial, while more casual audiences would enjoy it. So...the Statue of Liberty.

16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I can't imagine them doing something TOO controversial (i. e. romance between Rey and Kylo). They know how controversial TLJ was and that was mild-VERY mild.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Here we go .... according reddit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Leak?

Seems like its gonna be quite a crowded movie.

Poor R2 is forgotten and C3P0 is apparently a badass now. maybe 3P0 really does have a bigger role.

Whats with the overall importance of the Red storm troopers i wonder.

19. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Clones?

20. Chewie's flea powder

Chewie's flea powder Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    To properly pontificate, you need to start with what you know to be truth.

1. Palpatine said the Sith could manipulate the midichlorians (there is your controversy) to create life. He also said the Sith had the power to save people from death (Padme), which...probably was a lie.
    2. Many have suggested that Shmi was force-impregnated by Palpatine. Which...based on the leaks...could turn out to be a thing.
    3. Assuming Rey was also created by the manipulated midichlorians (via force impregnation, cloning, or whatever), that would mean that Rey is actually related to Anakin, Luke, Leia, and Kylo (through their midichlorian-influenced DNA).

It would explain why Anakin and Rey are so strong with the force (because they were created by the midichlorians). It would also explain why Luke and Leia are less powerful with the force (they were naturally created). The extreme power of Kylo Ren is not explained though, because he has a normal father (Han) and was not created by the midichlorians.

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Assuming the bottom image is real, and I think it could be considering it matches those just-leaked character reference photos above, I’d say it’s a marketing poster rather than a theatrical one-sheet. You see those on merchandise and sold in stores, and they usually don’t have the title on them, just “Star Wars.”

Also, seems Keri Russel’s character is named Zorii and Naomi Acki is Jannah.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well phasma is gone, maybe Zorii is next to be the next NEXT Boba fett ;p

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  23. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    That is one crowded poster. Glad to see the KOR on it at least.

EDIT: I really like ZORII on that character line up. That screams SW to me.

dekaneas likes this.
  24. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Best of all: No matter if true or not - at least we have something to talk about.

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I love the character designs for Zorii and Jannah. I like the designs for Finn and Poe; very Indiana Jones-esque. Rey’s all-white outfit looks like her scavenger clothes from TFA with some of the Jedi flair her outfit from the end of TLJ had. Kylo looks like he’s wearing a cloak with a proper hood on it, now the shawl he wrapped around himself as a hood in TFA. The new red stormtroopers seem to be pretty prominent, and if this is real, confirmation of both Resistance Y-Wings and a new TIE.

Love the Knights of Ren, and really like the medieval weapons, between their blades (one has a large curved dagger, another has a GIANT sword over his shoulder) and Jannah’s bow and arrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.