main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    People are interpreting creative freedom, which is very good, to mean "anything goes", which it does not mean. Just ask Trevorrow.

2. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    MOD EDIT: Nope.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  3. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    so OK, it's a Star Wars forum and people need to get their feeling off their chest. And that's OK...some fans here didn't like TLJ and actually hated it and don't seem any longer interested in the ST anymore. I say "fine". But this just can't go on forever like this. When i don't like something i just do something else (i don't hang around the PT boards). So now is the right time to express these feelings here, but in a couple of weeks, months....if really some of you guys are over with the ST then it's OK but we're not gonna spend two years again of arguing and debating and nipticking over this and that. We get it, you hate Rian Johnson and the movie, fine, there are other movies too and the legends SW books are still available.

I'm not against debating or criticizing. As i said now is the right time. Then some will have to move on with it... please don't turn the IX and beyond threads into war zone....

4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe it would help a bit to move the upcoming RJ trilogy out of the IX forum

5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    One thing's for sure, which is sad. We can no longer rely on MSW for anything legit. The whole Kylo Ren/KOR on AchTo battling Luke and Rey, Rey being pushed off a cliff and Luke exploding huts were ALL not even close to happening ever.

And MSW could not verify or confirm anything about Leia being in a coma of any kind.

DarthIshyZ, dekaneas and DARTHSHAME like this.
  6. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    Luke did explode a hut. Early rumors are often the most inaccurate. We don't know everything that was filmed. Leia was knocked unconscious for a period of time in the movie.

DarthIshyZ, Yora and Vohnkar like this.
  7. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    It's is a travesty that there was no overall story or direction for this trilogy. The one of the weakness of TLJ is the writing and its failure to properly connect plot threads from TFA. I hope JJ seeks to tie it all together in a satisfying way. Above all, have a coherent, well written and believable story.

8. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    It's almost like they decided to kill Obi-Wan after filming started and then having to invent Yoda for the next movie.

9. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Rey stole Jedi books (she was called to it like to Anakin's lightsaber), I can see ghost Luke or Yoda showing to her and talking about the future of the jedi

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    MOD EDIT: Please don't escalate.

cwustudent, Birkendoc and DARTHSHAME like this.
  11. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003

No, I would not compare the two. I think GL had an overall direction. There were ties between ANH and ESB. In TLJ you have a writer who completely ignores entire plot threads. Leaves huge plot holes. Rian Johnson fails to recognize that Rey and Poe already met in TFA novelization. That is only one example of something easily prevented that suggests a lack of thought in story development. There are plenty other examples that have been cited since TLJ was released.

Ren Kylo and Luke02 like this.
  12. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Can we just take a moment and rejoice that the server is not sucking industrial strength dead toads through a straw and hasn't crashed all day?

Can I get an Amen, my brothers and sisters!

13. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Speaking of Mike Zeroh, Screenrant reports that he leaked the TLJ ending moths ago.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-ending-scene-leak/

So, I guess he deserves some credit.

14. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    Seeing how RJ pretty much undid everything JJ set up, it would be kind of funny for JJ to troll RJ back and undo everything he did [face_laugh]

In seriousness, I'm not happy with the decision to kill him off, but I think he should stay dead, though.

DarthIshyZ and SithCollections like this.
  15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Nipuhanipera

Poor Mike. Even when he is right, he is wrong LOL!

DARTHSHAME

Oh he knows, Rian is a smart guy. He just doesn't care. And that literally played out the entire movie. George Lucas once said something very poetic about filmmakers during a 60 Minutes interview (which is on the documentary or TPM). Filmmakers are very like what their films are. The best example of that I can think of is ET. Elliot is literally Stephen Spielberg growing up complete with utter anger and contempt for his father for leaving his mom/family when he is very young. I really do not want to even try to think who Rian Johnson is after seeing this movie LOL!

Jedi Jessy

You are 100% correct and it would be really cool. One of the few things they left open that could really work is if Luke came back in a major way as either a force ghost (that as been around since the beginning but has never been explore) or even in the flesh (which is what Lucas wanted for Obi-Wan in ROTJ and make a Gandolf type return. But I bet a cup of coffee from DD that is not happening. Nope Rey is good after two lessons (remember Luke never got to a third) and a couple training manuals which Yoda even admitted weren't very usual. You will only see Luke in a non important cameo to sell toys just like we saw Yoda in TLJ LOL!

skybender

I do think JJ will rely on more of his movie then RJ's. But I think anything we really seen as gone out the window. The Marvelization of SW is already complete as they are mostly stand alone movies that you can jump in and out of as you please. They no longer are one long narration that you need to watch all of them together like George intended.

16. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    does anyone else think Yoda suggested she pinch the books?

When Yoda tells Luke, "She has everything she needs", didn't it imply "Oh, and the books too!"?

17. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I was pondering this... On the one hand Rey could have taken the books but we know how she feels about thieves... I am thinking Yoda um magically sent the books to the MF for Rey. I know it sounds magical. But Yoda can make lightening appear from the sky, so I'm sure he can relocate some books.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wow... I'd say try again without the thinly veiled misogyny and racism but actually please don't. Don't try again. Just don't. At all. Ever.

19. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Unlike other novels, the film novelizations are not entirely canon. They are only when they don't contradict the films, and since that scene in the TFA novelization contradicts TLJ...

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  20. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    That is only one of many potential plot holes. You can literally take your pick with this movie.

21. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    why did Kenobi hide Luke under his real Skywalker name on the very same planet Anakin grew up? ooops plot hole! Luke becomes best pal with old Ben in one day...plot hole and awful characterisation! arent there good enough pilots in the empire to dodge between the asteroids like Han did? plot hole! luke on dagobah / MF gang story timelines dont fit...plot hole!! Whaaaat? sonce when the force can lift things in the air (TESB)? Plot hole!!! The MF disappeared off the star destroyer's radar? plot hole!!!! Luke survives his fall on Bespin? non sense!! Leia was Luke's sister all that time? plot hole"!!! Luke's plan to rescue Han in ROTJ makes no sense...plot hole!!!! Palpatine can't sense Vader's betrayal? plot hole!!!!!! Good guys always escape the Death star explosion at the very last second? plot hole....sounds in space? laser swords? improbable family reunion? second death star with another weak spot?...

plot hole here, plot hole there, plot holes every where!!!!!

Some people should stop going to the movies and stick to real everyday life where there is no plot hole, no wrong characterisation (but a bit of non sense sometimes)

22. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I know it was discussed a lot in the lead up to TLJ (and I felt it would’ve been perfect for the film to pursue) but I still feel there is a huuuge amount of potential for Finn leading to the disbandment of the First Order and stopping the Kidnapping of children.

I feel it would be a suitable arc for him to return to the war machine that made him and disrupt it from within.

It’ll be really interesting to see where they take it. I know that a showdown between Rey and Ben is probably inevitable however the journey to how they get there could be really interesting.

I’ve seen mention of a time jump and I feel that that would be a good way to begin this final chapter. Give everyone beards.

I’d also love it if Luke comes back to haunt Ben in a sort of angel/devil on the shoulder.

Just ideas really. I definitely feel that we’ll get a more traditional Star Wars movie but I hope there are some surprises along the way. I feel that TFA got the humor just right. Overall If JJ can craft a good story I will be happy.

DarthIshyZ and cut-of-space like this.
  23. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  24. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Yes literally I think he was telling Luke she had the books already. “Wisdom they held, but that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess.”

25. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Kinda off topic but is there a place to talk about the TLJ predictions that got right or is there too much of a risk of that turning into a brag thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.