main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    You know whats weird? we seen the trailer, multiple images by now... by we haven't seen anything of those Red storm troopers yet... makes you wonder where they come into play.

2. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Trying to push this to page 666

3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If I had to guess, I'd say we'll probably see them around October, closer to when we get the final trailer/poster and the Triple Force Friday product launch. That's unless we get a peak at them in the inevitable BTS sizzle reel from either San Diego Comic-Con or D23.

4. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014

Is this D&D directing this? It looks straight GOT! I am kidding...but this looks really cool!

CairnsTony and Blobofat like this.
  5. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Looks like someone let a wampa have some fun with the fathiers.

Glitterstimm and Lulu Mars like this.
  6. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    Richard Grant alias General Pryde looks evil and much more menacing than that goofball Hux.Great choice.

wobbits, Glitterstimm and dekaneas like this.
  7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    pictures all look great, have me excited anyways

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_devil]

9. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
  10. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    [/QUOTE]

That was dialog lifted from ROTJ though, and we all know it, and JJ knew we would know it.
    Maybe part of this and other things Carrie said for the EPK for The Last Jedi could be audio they use for Leia dialog in IX...

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  11. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It jives with reports of the more improvisational approach that came out 5, 6 months ago.

Lens flare jokes commence.

I’m sure JJ realizes that you’re not going to please everyone, so why not try to open up and please yourself. It might work, but I’ve never considered him a strong visual storyteller. He definitely has the tone but he hasn’t the world building, design or visual style required for the SW ST. I do think TFA his best effort as a visual raconteur. However, more meta than myth. I sensed a certain degree of self-doubt in TFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starocean90 likes this.
  12. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

My guess is they're integral to the Palpatine story, and they seem to have made that the line in the sand as far as spoilers. The VF article made no mention of Ian McDiarmid or Matt Smith, so maybe it's part of the big surprise.

13. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    Grrr each time I go offline, some great news are posted. Still trying to find my way through the bunch of informations and photos provided by VF!

Anyways, I love the new pictures, and most of what I’ve read so far.

14. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    I was wrong, apparently the saddle is astride but it’s still nuts...

15. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    One of the Vanity Fair articles, not the main one, says this is Luke from Episode IX.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  16. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    No "blue shimmer" Luke in the photos, does this mean resurrection...…..I hope so? I realise that he can't glow blue in real life for a camera, but they could have "photoshopped" it in if they needed to depict what his appearance takes in IX. And his facial hair and appearance is more TLJ than TFA, so I'm hoping for the resurrection angle. Luke can be the Star Wars "Cinderella" - where he is back in the living for a fixed period of time.

Loving all of those other photos and "character looks". Love the Knights of Ren and our new Bounty Hunter - really great stuff LFL. Looking forward to December even more.

And just one other thing, Rey and Kylo are battling each other on some sort of water plane - presumably somewhere around (or on) the Death Star. In that "Art of The Rise Of Skywalker" image where there was Rey and Kylo with their respective lightsabers, the image depicted some sort of "fire and ice" imagery. In the ROTS, Obi-Wan and Anakin battled in "fire" on Mustafar. Is Rey a Kenobi and are these two the latest of their respective bloodlines now battling in "ice (well cool water) - in some sort of mirror image between the Skywalker and Kenobi bloodlines.

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    How many VF articles are there in total?

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Luke pulling a Gandalf the White would be fantastic.

“See you around, kid.”

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I won't be shocked if this isn't in the movie. Either way I don't think people should look at this photo and think that Luke is coming back to life.

ETA: If what Vanity Fair is true that this is what Luke will look like in the movie perhaps that shot is from a flashback, or a vision?

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    would love this, but just don't put any hopes so high.....[face_dunno]

DarthBane93 and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  21. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I might correct myself before someone else corrects me. Luke's appearance is the same in TLJ and in TFA - the shabby hermit look. What I was getting at before was that Luke's appearance in the photos is "post-event" with what happened between him and Ben Solo - not before when Luke appeared as a Jedi Master in TLJ.

22. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    I think you're right. It may be a flashback or vision. With R2 in the photo, it kinda throws me off in terms of what part of the film it is.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Artoo is also dead. And he is also a Force ghost. :p

24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Lukes death was staged poetically like the end of his story. the twin suns going down ect ect. bringing him back would undo that and i doubt they will do that.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  25. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    :p[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.