main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The more they hide Matt Smith and Palpatine, the more easy is to assume they are involved in the same plot point.

Several, the main article had links to others. This article has a lot of links to additional information: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...anity-fairs-the-rise-of-skywalker-cover-story

If you reach the limit of free views, clear the cache and restart the browser, or use another browser.

Given it is a photo shoot, they actually shot the real Mark Hamill, so there would be no post-processing to add the Force Ghost effects. Maybe Luke is really resurrected, but at this point we don't know.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Krueger likes this.
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And he now goes by R2 See Thru.

3. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Recanonizing Legends bit by bit, I see. Now R2 is the force sensitive one who no doubt sabotaged R5, instead of R5 doing it himself. Clever, Disney.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think I've read them all. So no mention of Palpatine at all? At least in none that I read.

About the odd Luke picture. Remember the track record VF has with their photography. I wouldn't get too excited.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

6. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I think that pic of Luke and Artoo is a promo and not from the film.
    The context doesn't make any sense.

If it's a flashback, why is Luke wearing his TLJ outfit and have gray hair?
    If he's a Force Ghost, why is he wearing a glove? A ghost mech-hand?

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Thinking more and more that while our heroes go on the adventure we are seeing in the publicity photos, R2 is off on his own journey with Luke as his ghostly companion. And when all seems lost, R2 arrives with The Thing That Kills Sith Ghosts, or something like that, and saves the day.

8. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Who knows? But the article says this:
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...anity-fairs-the-rise-of-skywalker-cover-story

9. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    But it would be equally emotional for the audience if a "resurrection" happens where the screen goes really bright and when the brightness begins to fade, there is Luke Skywalker in the flesh; well with clothes on too. Not a dry eye in the house among Hamill's many adoring fans.

10. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I doubt that will happen.

It's like Luke tells Rey in the trailer.....this is her fight now

DarthBane93 and godisawesome like this.
  11. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm reminded of what Qui-Gon told Yoda in TCW: "I exist where there is no future or past."

Maybe something makes it possible for Rey and/or Kylo to connect with that plane of existence and experience people and places they'd otherwise be unable to see. Such as a "resurrected" Luke... or even Palpatine.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The longer I look at the pictures the more I get the feeling that Annie Leibovitz is a Sith lord named Vanity Fair and Palps mom.

Cave of Erised likes this.
  13. BloodStripe

BloodStripe Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Ayup.

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future, the past. Old friends long gone."

Rey and Ren being able to see those things together, rather than individually -- and maybe even able to interact with them -- seems like a cool way to broaden the scope of that idea.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The author of the Vanity Fair article speculates that he, (and we) don't know if "Rise of Skywalker" refers to Luke coming back or not. If this picture of Luke confirmed that Luke was alive wouldn't Lev Grossman say something along the lines of, "we can confirm that Luke Skywalker is alive in TROS" rather than basically saying, "we don't know what's up with Luke in TROS"?

15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I would much rather have someone like Breznican doing the interviewing and writing. Someone with a bit of interest in SW, someone who knows what he's talking about.

Darth_Zidious likes this.
  16. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    But why do they have that power and no one else?

17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    That remains to be seen (if that's the case)...

18. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Did you read the article? Grossman had some very interesting observations on the mythic and thematic aspects of Star Wars. I think he’s interested, and I think he knows what he’s talking about.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Many Making Star Wars leaks came to mind while viewing these photos, adding even greater probability to some of the other things Jason has shared.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Rey will become so powerful in the force that she'll be able to go look back to past events in greater details and manipulate those events as well. She will sit on this lovely chair and stare smugly at other people.

Wait

OH GOD WHAT FRANCHISE ARE WE DISCUSSING?!?!

Darth Geezy and KSennia like this.
  21. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Can you elaborate please?

22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Yep, read it all. Lots of covering of old ground, nothing much new and he didn't seem to ask any probing questions. Nice pictures though.

23. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    To be honest, there is very little new information in the VF articles, most of them are almost clickbaits that only speculate about the plot.

The pictures, on the other hand, are brilliant, amazing. They got me very excited for the movie.

24. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    I haven't had a chance to focus on the images yet -- have we seen anything that isn't an Earth-based environment?

25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    He'll eventually be joined by See-Throopio.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.