main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Yeah, Terrio's presence will exacerbate the awfulness exponentially.

2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Yep an Oscar winner that has received massive praise from the cast about his Star Wars knowledge is gonna make this thing AWFUL! What a bummer...

Neesh and TadoFett like this.
  3. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Yes, the same guy who delivered us peerless masterworks like Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice as well as the guy who thought Starkiller Base was a good idea are the ones who will lead us to the promised land, that's for sure. Truly the best dream team since the '98 Bulls.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  4. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Gotta say, I judge Terrio way more by Justice League and Batman v. Superman than I do Argo. Hmmm, which of these films is more applicable to SW...?

5. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    (Yoda voice) So sure are you? Why here are you then? Through the force you could see movies long gone and future movies. Always emotion the future is.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  6. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    What's hilarious about this is I'd be happy with a lukewarm, milquetoast typical JJ movie [face_laugh]

2Cleva and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Everybody not under a rock knows that studio interference is the biggest reasons for the problems with B vs. S and Justice League. You can judge him by that, but you would be only be doing yourself a disservice.

8. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Well I don't live under a rock and I am perfectly happy to blame a writer for what he wrote, even if he suffered through studio interference. He's hardly the first and he won't be the last.

ami-padme, KSennia, Aiel and 3 others like this.
  9. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Even without studio interference, both films still would have been unrepentantly godawful.

KSennia and Solo88 like this.
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I could not stand Dawn of Justice but I must admit it had some really good concepts. A few YouTube commentators have said this and I agree, the film honestly teased other movies that would been much better then what we got. The scene where you see Robin's uniform with Joker's handwriting on it is a good example. Personally Terrio's being a writer for it does not sway me either way. Ultimately it's JJ's baby so he is the one who will make it work or not. Then again while I continue to be cautiously optimistic for TROS my excitement for it is very low since there still a lot of stuff I am more excited about that comes out before TROS including The Mandalorian. I am sure once December hits that will change but between still having the bad taste of TLJ still in my mouth (though I must admit, Solo being a solid fun popcorn film help take a bit of that taste out) and it being 2019 therefore there is so much content coming out, my excitement for TROS currently is still not all that high.

And most likely that is going to get. Like I said before on TFA, JJ is not the type that tries to drive the green in one shot. I think JJ is aware of how divided Star Wars fans are still now after TLJ so he will look to make a wild fun space adventure to close this all out that will have a very thin thread *cough Emperor cough* that ties all 9 episodes together. And given the very few spoilers we have heard that seems to be exactly what we are going to get. A redux of ROTJ in the sense it's just action set after the next which not exposition though ROTJ did have a lot of depth in terms of Luke's arc and what he went thru in the film.

Solo88 and AhsokaSolo like this.
  11. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    BVS was lackluster to say the least. You have the two greatest superheroes of all time and that's what we got? Martha!

KSennia and Luke02 like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like the idea of time travel better than I like the idea of Palpatine being alive in RoS present-day.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

And people will argue over it like cats and dogs anyway cuz this is Star Wars and we don't know any better.

Though I do hope it's higher for me then TFA. I know it won't be Last Jedi, Rogue One but I can see it being higher than TFA which is a positive for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    Jedi Older Code likes this.
  14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Can I choose option three and say they the whole point of the First Order was secretly bring Palpatine back in the flesh and now they are close to doing it hence why Rey & Co. are on a horcrux style mission to stop the final pieces from being found and the Emperor puzzle completed? :confused:

KSennia and TadoFett like this.
  15. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    Winning an Oscar doesn't mean everything he does afterwards will be great. Nicholas Cage has an Oscar.

16. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    There was only huge studio interference for JL, not BVS.

Jedi Knight Fett and Luke02 like this.
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    True @Solo88 but it was hell of a performance:

[​IMG]

Full Disclosure: I am in the minority who thinks he is a crazy genius as Wisecrack and others have argued.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Solo88 like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    No, the biggest reason for the problems with B vs. S is the biggest reason for the problems with all the movies directed by Zack Snyder: Zack Snyder.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

And I don't know about you but if I had only a choice between Snyder and JJ I'll take JJ

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s the least difficult multiple choice question I’ve ever had to answer. Of course JJ.

Mila Lazarus likes this.
  21. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    If I was forced to choose between Snyder and JJ I would refuse to make a decision. Two bad choices is no choice at all. Although I did actually like JJ's first Trek movie, and I thought Super 8 was all right. The only good part of any of the DCU movies was Wonder Woman.

Saying all that, I am still cautiously optimistic about TROS. I don't know why. Irrepressible optimist, I suppose. PlagaPalpaSnokeypuss will show us the way.

22. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Can't personally see them getting into the World Between Worlds stuff here, just simply because the movie audience is so much bigger and broader/more general than us dweebuses who watch the animated stuff, you'd have to assume a majority of theater goers wouldn't know what the hell they're referring to.

But time shenanigans as a general notion are definitely established at this point, so if there's some other more simple economical means of delving into those ideas, guess it's as legitimate as anything.

Just sorta feel there won't be time travel at play here all the same.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I am a Batman fan since before I am a SW fan and I could not even finish BvS. It is a turd of a film lacking any style and good taste. So yep, Terrio is not a guarantee of anything IMO.

Btw, not sure if I am alone here, but the more I think about it, the less I like Palps coming back.

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Been thinking about all the rumours and here's my idea of how it might play out;

Rey and co. are on this wild goose chase across the GFFA with Kylo, the KoR and his red troops following them closely. Rey eventually ends up at the wreck of the DS II where Matt Smith's character awaits. Palpatine transferred his spirit just before the DS II exploded and has been orchestrating events in the UR ever since. Only problem is that Matt Smith's character has a low midichlorian count and the Emperor needs to transfer to a proper FS body. Luring Rey to the DS II means that Kylo won't be far behind and it's then that the KoR and the Sithtroopers attempt to 'persuade' Kylo to give up his body. Obviously Rey will then have a decision on her hands....

EDIT: To save reading between the lines the KoR and the Sithtroopers have been working for Palpatine all along, hence why they answer to Kylo until the very end when they reveal their true allegiance. Also Matt Smith/Palpatine set up Supreme Leader Snoke but never revealed his true identity to him as Snoke would have killed him easily.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Darth_Bertie likes this.
  25. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    Something I hadn't realized about Terrio's work on Argo is that it was an adaptation from a book. Adaptation is an art of its own, but it does sometimes take a different talent than original writing. It could be that Argo's screenplay was good mostly due to the original source and Terrio's talent for adaptation. If so, this is another reason not to be confident in RoS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.