main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    That could be the case, or they could have reached a point in filming where Abrams realized something as scripted wasn't quite working the way he wanted it to. Abrams values how something makes him (and, ideally, the audience) feel on a moment-to-moment basis above all else, including story or character logic. I'm not stating this as a qualitative assessment, by the way, it's just a creative quirk of his that can be pretty readily gleaned from his filmography. But, if he has to make massive changes to a script that seemed relatively set in stone in order to achieve the feeling he's looking for, he will. Ultimately, I don't care as long as it results in the best possible movie, but I do think this may indicate that certain issues some had with TFA, pertaining to things like internal logic or character motivation, may rear their head once more.

Just as an aside, they weren't issues that I had with the film. I loved TFA, but even I can't deny that coming up with huge chunks of the story and rewriting signficant portions of it on the fly isn't the best way to ensure an internally consistent narrative that makes sense from start to finish. But maybe that won't be the case here. Maybe Abrams has honed his craft of improvisational "winging it" to such a degree that there won't be anything major to take issue with.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Rey travels to Geonosis in search for her grandfather's remains....

Rey is Boba Fett's daughter!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’d like a return to Tattooine to see how the place now runs without Jabba’s cartel.

4. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Wookiees are soft. Ewoks are ruthless.

Luke'sSeveredHand and dekaneas like this.
  5. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Not going to move beyond this, but JJ's script is already a re-write from what was put together by Trevarrow. But what I have heard, JJ isn't currently doing a re-write, it's something else, but it isn't a re-write.

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Episode IX part 2

dekaneas likes this.
  7. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    Definitely not that. LOL

8. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    How cool would it be if they show Kylo's chambers in 9 and he's got Anakin's charred legs on the wall. Quick trip to Mustafar and he could have found them ha!

DarthIshyZ and Django Fett like this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Damn

...and then he mounts them on Snokes body and says, the hand we will get from Ahch To. I think Luke does not need it any longer.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
  11. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Why are you even giving him any attention? Stop feeding the troll and clickbaiters.

12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
  13. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    That said, some of the best stuff in The Force Awakens came out of the "Harrison Ford is out of commission" rewrites; Abrams has talked about taking that time to really nail down the Rey/Finn relationship, which is easily the most wonderful thing that movie gave us.

Luke'sSeveredHand and TadoFett like this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Most scripts are not set in stone until the movie is done.

TadoFett likes this.
  15. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    I had Jason on the show tonight and he delved into his scoops this past week if you guys are interested.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So what are we looking at, then? Has he added in some stuff?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  17. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    Sorry Krueger, would love to answer it, but it isn't my scoop. Honestly, it's not a noteworthy story and more about the circumstances of how the script is being handled post-Trevarrow. JJ and the team from the start are playing catch-up (which everybody knows) and it's really just par for the course with coming up with a script and trying to film a movie. It really feels like TFA all over again. So the reports of a re-write, which in this climate after what happened in Rogue One and Solo, is sort of dangerous to be throwing that term around. It's just them getting the story right and filming at the same time, which is normal Hollywood.

18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    That's something that this trilogy misses massively, i miss the dust bowl of the vast sand seas that are crossed by the giant Jawa crawlers and space ports that are home to the wretches of the galaxy. No doubt the power vacuum that Luke and Leia created in ROTJ would've been filled by willing takers, Bib Fortuna is a prime candidate if he could find the courage. The most likely outcome is for another Hutt to turn up and take Jabba's empire lock, stock and barrel.

And Anakin's ghost appears..."There was an arm too, couldn't find it huh?"

19. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    Rewrites helped TFA, RO, and Solo. It seems like most films are rewritten to some degree. If something doesn't work, fix it. I take rewriting as a good thing.

robot_3 likes this.
  20. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Orange x-wing spotted at black park according to msw

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

21. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Surely there will be sites that report this as a reaction to TLJ and Solo criticism and the rewrites being aimed at pleasing angry fans.

RiddleMeThis likes this.
  22. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    I don't even know if I would call what Abrams and Terrio did a "re-write". When it was reported about earlier in the year, it seemed like they were pitching an entirely new story that had little to nothing to do with Trevorrow's script.

We'll know for sure when the credits run, I guess.

Django Fett likes this.
  23. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If they use any concepts or scenes from his script, I bet Trevorrow still gets a STORY BY credit, kind of how Lord & Miller got Executive Producer credits for Solo.

Story by JJ ABRAMS & CHRIS TERRIO AND COLIN TREVORROW
    Written by JJ ABRAMS & CHRIS TERRIO

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    chrcharcor2 and Jedi Princess like this.
  24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I would say that the Desert Planet is most likely Jakku. My first reasoning would be for Rey to confront Unkar Plutt and find out exactly what he knows of her parents. True Kylo told her that they were nobodies, but I still believe Rey will want to further that revelation. And then I believe that she will look for that Pauper's Graveyard that Kylo said they were supposedly buried in.

Just my guess anyway.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    Pick your poison:
    Tatooine - End the movie where the saga began.
    Jedha - Rey goes looking for information of the Jedi.
    Jakku - Remember how the Redditor said he heard lots of pyrotechnics, - Battle of Jakku and maybe Rey looking for her parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.