main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    So I'm sure most of you saw the orange X-Wing that MSW posted photos of the other day. The article is here, and it ended with this line:

There aren't a ton of pilots who we'd know from prior films who could be associated with an X-Wing. Maybe Nien Nunb, since he's still alive and piloted an X-Wing in TFA, but I can't imagine Lando behind the cockpit of one. So the only name I'm left with is Wedge Antilles. Now, Denis Lawson is pretty famously ambivalent towards returning to Star Wars, advising his nephew Ewan McGregor not to take the role of Obi-Wan and (if I recall correctly) turning down the offer to come back for TFA since he'd be "bored."

However, maybe he changed his mind, or maybe Disney-Lucasfilm offered him enough money with a short enough shooting schedule that he couldn't reasonably say no. Now, nothing I'm saying is anything new, but I noticed the official website put this up the same day as MSW's article about the orange X-Wing. I'm not saying this is evidence that Wedge will definitely be in the film, because it's not, but... it's fun to imagine the veteran pilot and Poe sharing some scenes together, maybe having a little bit of a rivalry mixed in with Poe hero-worshipping Antilles a bit.

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well it's not like the episodic movies are the only Star Wars movies being made now.

Even if there wasn't a 10,11 and 12 there would still be Star Wars movies being made.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    DarthIshyZ and dlbates like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The Force. It surrounds them and binds them together.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. The Force will not be in the film. It will bind the trilogies together.

Go to hell Tony.

DarthIshyZ, Birkendoc and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Lawson corrected that story last year, saying that he was frustratingly unavailable for TFA but would love to be asked again. He was at Celebration 2017 and remarked that how much he enjoyed and it.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Well if you consider most of the top Military Brass was in the Hosnian system when it got destroyed and add the Resistance top brass also being killed in TLJ, Experienced Generals are really in short supply at the moment.

So yeah Wedge would make sense, even in a cameo appearance.

Senator Wan and dlbates like this.
  8. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

Great. We lose Luke and Han and get Wedge as a “ consolation prize”? Sorry. Not interested. Sounds like they ran out of OT characters since they were so quick to kill off the ones who really mattered, so now they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

They have Poe to be their new squadron leader pilot. They don’t need Wedge. Besides, after 30 years, I would think he would have a higher level job than x-wing pilot.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  9. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    Maybe the first hour of IX will be Poe convincing Wedge to come out of retirement. :p

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    The best way to handle negativity is to ignore it :)

11. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I know my personal feelings don't count that much but I'm going to be kind of depressed if the Skywalkers are gone. Grant it the last one is a jerk and controls the whole galaxy. It just depresses me that we go from a little boy who puts everyone above himself who goes down the wrong path out of fear to a new hope who shows his dad's same feelings for others which is what ultimately saved his father to his nephew that made his grandfather's mistakes which leads to him also dying.

DarthIshyZ and Django Fett like this.
  12. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Gotta love how only Luke and Han mattered out of the OT characters [face_laugh]

If I recall Lawson recently said he was actually interested...

13. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Poe (while knocking on Wedge's door): I'm here with the resistance, Leia sent me
    Wedge (while folding is flight suit): Go Away!

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Of course, we will have Benioff and Weiss series and the RJ trilogy and the odd Anthology from time to time. But no fourth Skywalker trilogy. All evidence so far points to LFL moving on from their story.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

15. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Episode IX: The Skywalker Saga En... Pauses.

16. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    The weird thing about Rian's trilogy is that if they are really slowing down and making them only every 2nd year by the time Benioff/Weiss trilogy is done the first Rian movie would be released in 2027 10 years after TLJ and when it was announced. Do you really think they'll wait that long? I guess the hate for Rian would kind of be gone by then and that's plenty of time to come up with a solid story. The time between when the PT was first announced and when it was made was longer so who knows.

Also I think the Obi-Wan movie will still happen but it will be on the streaming service. Maybe it could be a mini-series instead.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  17. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    They actually never said in which way they're going to slow it down. It could very well be the case that they are returning to the one year rythm.

Also, we don't know if they'll wait for the RJ trilogy until after the Benioff/Weiss movies are done. Note that they're talking about the latter as a film series, not a trilogy. The GOT guys could very well make 5 or 6 SW movies or more. It could be that they're releasing both projects largely parallel, maybe something like this:

2021: GOT guys #1
    2022: RJ trilogy #1
    2023: GOT guys #2
    2024: RJ trilogy #2
    2025: GOT guys #3
    2026: RJ trilogy #3
    2027: GOT guys #4

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wouldn't be at a surprised if RJ's trilogy didn't happen.

Ending the Skywalker saga at IX is the equivalent of killing the golden goose, if IX is everything fans want and more they'd be stupid to end it there. This meant to be a space opera, not sci-fi, a continuation drama set in a sci-fi setting. Continuation dramas revolve around an area or family, so far it is the Skywalker's and it's been phenomenally popular.

19. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    But they can do that without making them episodic movies. the skywaker saga could be the episodic movies.

Honestly them putting more energy into making this a conclusion makes more sense then it does them starting something fresh and new. why? well because if they jump on the 10,11 and 12 wagon they will just fatigue the episodic movies... so its likely for a LONG period it will just be the 9 movies that will have to be watched as one whole story with a beginning and an end.

And thats if they ever plan on making a 10,11 and 12 since the amount of Star Wars content away from the episodes is already pretty high. so there is no dependency on the episodic movies

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Lucasfilm has not announced anything about Wedge being in IX. You are therefore getting angry at them for fan speculation.

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Be careful. A youtuber might read it and make a video about a source that named three of the KoR.

22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  23. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I think the answer is fairly obvious: fibra-rope. Do you even star wars? :-D

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Hold on, boys...

Before we get this:

[​IMG]

Can I go get some of this?

[​IMG]

Okay, game back on...

25. Darth_Voider