main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New DownTime - Pilot Fic Index and Discussion Thread - Third Challenge Up!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Pilot_Fic_Index, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Oh, definitely, Myra. Wes would make a wonderful father.

2. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Just curious about that.

I've figured out why DownTime is moving so slowly. You're doing the same thing that I am. [face_laugh]

Yay! Postie in Entrapment, and a Wes/Inyri songfic!! *dances around thread* [face_dancing]

3. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    *whacks head* Double post! :oops:

4. Kestrel2

Kestrel2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2000
    Wow, I'm glad to find this index-- I'm a huge pilot fan & I'm always on the lookout for pilotfic! Looks like it'll keep me busy reading through the stories & catching up on this thread.

Jenn

5. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself.
    Myra

FYI--We already have a Jenn, so things might get a little confusing. CodeName_Targeter goes by Jenn.

6. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    If worst comes to worse, I can always go back to my RL name.... Jenn just happened to get stuck on me back in '02... never got around to changing it. ;)

7. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Welcome, Jenn/Kestrel ;) Always nice to find more pilot fans :D

We have an off-site message board specifically for pilot writers and readers. If you'd like the link, let me know. Either post here or drop me a quick PM :)

Jes

8. Kestrel2

Kestrel2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2000
    Thanks for the welcome, all!

FYI--We already have a Jenn, so things might get a little confusing. CodeName_Targeter goes by Jenn.

I'll just use Kestrel then. :)

We have an off-site message board specifically for pilot writers and readers. If you'd like the link, let me know. Either post here or drop me a quick PM

Ooooo, yes please! Always on the lookout for pilot links, thnaks!

9. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Glad to have you, Kestrel. I'll try not to scare you away in the first week--we can get a little crazy. [face_blush]

Everyone has their nicknames--I'm Myra, Jesina_Dries is Jes, etc... You'll get it.

If Jes doesn't get you that link, say something. A lot of us use the site. :)
    Myra

10. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Just to let you all know, I've talked to several of you about this in various places, but I will say it for the benefit of others I haven't spoken to. You shouldn't expect to see me around here much anymore. Not that I've been here much anyway lately, but I've had it, and this latest stunt was really the last straw.

It was incredibly disrespectful to the users, especially to see mods swearing at and flaming each other, blatantly violating the TOS. And, let me guess, everything will be back to normal in a day or two and moderators will be jumping on users over every little thing. Again.

Well, I'm sorry. But I didn't find it amusing. In the least. Moderators can't understand why users don't feel able to communicate with them, and then they pull something like this. Yeah, it was supposed to be a joke. But it wasn't amusing. A lot of people have a lot invested in these communities, both in fan fiction and the 3SA, and to even suggest taking that away from them is blatantly reckless and callous, showing complete disregard for users' emotions.

You may think I'm overreacting. But I don't. Mods wonder why people leave the boards. Well, take a good look around.

I may finish my stories here. I may just move them over to my own fan fiction board. I will try to keep up with the stories I've been following, and I will continue to check my PMs. But I honestly don't really enjoy being on these boards anymore.

I hope all of you will join me at DownTime, the message board I run with Myri_Antilles. If you'd like the link, please let one of us know. It's not something we can post here, because we're more liberal in our allowances than the JC is. And, well, we wouldn't want the fan fiction forums to get shut down for allowing content that Lucas doesn't like, now would we?

11. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Jes is very right, and I have to say that I won't be here much, either. Like her, I will continue to follow the fics that I'm reading, and show up to check my PMs, but that little stunt was very aggravating.

I'll be here occasionally, but not as much.
    Myra

12. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I was not amused either.

13. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  14. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
  15. Baron-Noir

Baron-Noir Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2005
    Well, please correct me if I do something wrong, but I'm currently writing a pilot fic, and I would want to have it added to this database.

The orignal point is that this is an IMPERIAL pilot fic, centered on two female Imperial, Lucia and Myra.

Here :
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19042726&start=19171108

(This is just the start, about their formation)

16. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, I write a lot of OC pilot fics, so I'll submit 'em for addition to the index later today...

17. Stars_Guitar

Stars_Guitar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    :p
    My only pilot fic up here is my sw/wc xover, but its all the rogues...

Glad to see this comming back up to the top area again. *hugs squad fics* thats what its all about right there...

18. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Thank you, Baron-Noir! I was hoping we'd get some Imp fics! :D

To everyone: I'm hoping to update the index *very* soon... DRL took over for the past few days, and I have to play catch up in schoolwork now, but if it's not updated by, oh, the end of this month, everyone feel free to pm me and complain. :p (Just not when I'm out of town, please! :p )

19. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Speaking of which, aren't we a bit overdue for another challenge?

20. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Is it soon yet?

21. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Here's a link to one of my fics for the index:

Gone to Ground

I've also submitted it to the Index via PM.

22. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Hello all!

I too am a fan of starfighter fics.

My current fic-in-progress is a NJO era starfighter fic.

Any advice you can give will be more than welcome.

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    You should post a link here and also send a bio of it to the index. An example of how to do it is on the first page. :D

24. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Jaya, it's still a major league WIP and I haven't started posting it online yet.

The kind of advice I am looking for is how to write dogfights, and how an off-duty pilot would spend his or her spare time(other than in the ship's cantina :p).

25. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    how an off-duty pilot would spend his or her spare time

Umm, drinking, sex, and pranks :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.