main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New DownTime - Pilot Fic Index and Discussion Thread - Third Challenge Up!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Pilot_Fic_Index, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    i'm liking this place already, and I've only known about it for about 2 days :cool:

2. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    And it's way more active then usual, IMO.

3. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Hey, on this challenge do we post the responses here, or on the boards and post a link here?

4. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    You post the response in the appropriate saga board and post a link here.

The responses can also be posted at our off-site board. That's where most of them will be, most likely.

5. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I know I'm posting after myself but I wanted to call attention to this post.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

talkingbanana will be taking over managing this index. So please listen to her when she tells y'all to get back on topic, and yell at her when the index doesn't get updated or the challenges don't get posted. :p

Good luck, Nanner! We love you :D

6. Pilot_Fic_Index

Pilot_Fic_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    Okay, talkingbanana's takeover of the DownTime Index is complete with a whopping 12 stories added to the index.

Unfortunately, the Index's former owners decided to put off updating the index until after the move, so they wouldn't have to do everything twice - but since it's looking more and more like that fabled move is in reality, a fairy tale, I'm going to try to get this thing up-to-date. Those 12 new entries represent probably a tenth of what I have to wade through, because some kind person went to the effort of searching all the boards for pilot stories and found a ton of them.

At any rate, if you have a pilot-centric story on the boards, please PM all the information to me, and I'll get it up as fast as I can! :D

7. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Poor Nanner... we do love you, though... really! :p

[:D][face_coffee]

8. Rebel_Jedi

Rebel_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Since I have yet to read the X-Wing series or any comics (I know bad me) and I'm too lazy to search the internet at the moment I'm posting this question here.

I have a question about appearences of our heroes kids. Does anyone know what

- Myri Antilles looks like
    - Valin Horn looks like
    - Their ages at the end of the NJO
    - Are they in any way related? (if they are that would be bad for the story I'm writing)
    - Syblings. I know Valin has a sister...by the name of Jysella I think, but what about Myri?

Any help would be much appreciated!

9. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Myri - yeah right. :p

Hey, Rebel_Jedi! Welcome to New DownTime!

Go read the X-Wing novels, if nothing else. You're missing a ton of good SW right there. ;)

As far as your questions:

- I'm not sure on their appearances, but I'm sure someone will get back to you on that.
    - Valin is about 16 at the end of the NJO, and Myri is about 10.
    - Myri is the daughter of Wedge and Iella Antilles, and Valin is the son of Corran and Mirax Horn. They're not related in any way - their parents have been friends for ever and ever, but there's no relation.
    - Yes, Valin's sister is Jysella. Myri has an older sister named Syal, who is 2 years older than her.

Hope that helps! :)

10. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Nanner, I PMed my stuff. Aren't I a good person? :p

11. Rebel_Jedi

Jul 5, 2005
    Thanks talkingbanana! It helped a lot :) I pretty much knew they weren't related, but I wanted to make sure in anyway, that would have been stupid ;)

Anyway, appearances can also be made up [face_devil]

12. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Mirax and Wedge are *like* brother and sister, but they're not related by blood or marriage... just knew each other from when they were kids. Mirax used to stay with the Antilles when her dad was out smuggling.

Also, Iella and Corran were partners in CorSec, so they're also very close. :)

I can't remember what Myri looks like, but I think I found it somewhere... [face_thinking]

13. Rebel_Jedi

Jul 5, 2005
    Close good, related bad! Thanks for the info!

Now I only need time to write and read every book on my reading list... Easier said than done

14. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Valin has black hair, if that helps any.

15. Pilot_Fic_Index

Feb 21, 2005
    And 20 new stories have been added to the index! If you find a pilot fic, PM us the info. Great jobs guys, keep on writing!

16. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Nanner, I can't believe you are insane enough to do the indexing. :p And thank goodness this challenge has no death in it, though knowing some of you guys *cough*Jes*cough* you'll find some way to kill them anyways.

17. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I can't write the Wraiths to save my life, but damn! I have to try this one!

18. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Callie, it's so much to kill the pilots. Really. [face_devil] *plots anguish for the Wraiths*

19. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    For this challenge, does Wes and Wedge take up both the two Wraiths and the two fab four?

20. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Well, I'm not in charge or anything...but I'd probably say yes - but only if it was between Wraith Squadron and Solo Command.

(But ask Nanner or Jes or Myri :p )

21. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
  22. Pilot_Fic_Index

Feb 21, 2005
    The index has been updated with 12 new fics! :D

23. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Can i add my squadron fic to the index?

24. Keela_Underwail

Keela_Underwail Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    YAYE!! I just stumbled upon this thread and boy am I thrilled! Gotta love those silly Rogues!

25. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Brant, PM your fic with the info for the index to the Pilot_Fic_Index. We'll add it for you. :D

And welcome Keela! We don't bite, and if we do, we don't have rabies. So HI!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.