main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New DownTime - Pilot Fic Index and Discussion Thread - Third Challenge Up!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Pilot_Fic_Index, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I love the idea of Hobbie and Inyri together. I know a lot of people pair her and Wes together, but I always kind of thought that she and Wes were both too volatile to really stay together very long.

Hobbie and Inyri, though, have that whole opposites attract thing going on, which I like a lot.

~Carr

2. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Personally, I like both Hobbie/Inyri and Wes/Inyri. Both of 'em rock my socks. :p

~Jenn

3. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    I agree with Carr - I like Hobbie/Inyri...it just seems to work. Which is why I hate Jes so much right now, lol ;) :p Actually, I don't hate Jes...just her obsession with killing :p

4. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Hi! Jes told me I should come join the chat in here after sending links to some fics for the Pilot Index, so yeah, here I am. Anyway, my favorite pilot to write? Well, aside from a couple of OCs, the only one I've ever tried writing is Wes, although I think I do want to try others at some point.

But yeah, writing Wes is a lot of fun cause a fic with him means humor for me, and I never really wrote anything comedic before.

The challenge definately looks interesting, if not slightly evil. I think I'll give it a try. :)

5. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Okay okay... I did it! I'm sooooooooo ashamed!!! I killed the man I love ( and someone else too!!! :D)

I feel so........ Fiendlike!

It's almost dirty somehow.

Anyway, it's all Jes' fault she made me do it! Darn her and her evil little plot bunnies! Okay.......

Here! Catch! *throws link at Jes & Myri*

Coming Home

Whoooops.... kinda forgot the link there-duh!

6. Pilot_Fic_Index

Pilot_Fic_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    Added

• Challenge Responses
    • 29 stories - I would list them, but that's just too damn many

7. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Heeeeeeeeey, guys! :D

Just wanted to check the place out.... It really took off! Just started, what, two days ago? Awesome. :)

8. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
  9. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Thor - my boyfriend's a personal trainer...of course I spend time in the gym ;)
    Now, on topic...what's your view on the characterizations of the Wraiths. You certainly seem to enjoy writing them and to grasp them very well. :)

Mara - I'm writing it, really I am.

lazykbys_left - Added. And I don't know much about mirror fics, but I'm sure someone on here would be able to help you out. Feel free to ask your questions and we'll see if we can give you a hand. :)

Ro - At least someone agrees w/ me about Fey'lya. And I'm really not entirely evil...just have an overactive imagination that is.
    Your challenge response was terrific!!

Talon_Karrde_ - Welcome...feel free to join in the conversation :)

Carr - See, I know people who would say that Wes and Inyri are the opposites...Hobbie and Inyri strike me as having a lot of similarities.
    You definitely make a good point about the volatility between Wes and Inyri though....

Jenn - I have one Hobbie/Inyri and one that COULD be Wes/Inyri...depending on where I go with it.
    It's interesting...my OC Jesina was created to be a love interest for Wes, because the thought of him and Inyri just never occurred to me. Hobbie and Inyri ended up together by accident. In my original writing of my stories, Shades came first and the idea of Hobbie and Inyri together just popped into my head...so I went and wrote it into "Bitter Reunion"...very complicated...

Mara - read what I just wrote to Jenn ;)

Enelya - Have you ever considered writing a serious Wes fic? That's the route I tend to go with him, interspersed with humor.
    You going to take the challenge? I'd be interested to read your response, having read some of your other stuff. :)

corellian_chic - Yeah, I'm pretty excited that it's gotten attention so quickly...and there are a LOT more stories than I thought there would be. :)

Spee - Will add that soon. I spent all day logged into that damn sock ;)

10. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    *bangs head on wall* I GIVE UP! I think I may end up writing something for this after all...it would tie into my other fic, though...*bangs head on wall* This is all your fault Jes... :p

11. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Good, Mara. I'd love to see you write it.

As long as it's Wes knowing he's going to die, it doesn't matter what it ties into. ;)

12. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    *sniffs* Jes, I officially hate you! I've been crying at all these vigs!

~Jenn

13. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    He knows he's going to die...*looks around evilly*

14. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Crying means the author did his or her job well. :)

If it makes you feel better, I'll probably be crying as I write mine.

You gonna be writing one, Jenn?

Good girl, Mara...getting into the spirit of things. ;)

15. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Yeah, yeah, I know, but still... *sniffs*

And if I can catch a bunny.... then yes....

or rather, catch a bunny and hold on to it long enough.

~Jenn

16. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    Good girl, Mara...getting into the spirit of things.

*snicker* Just you wait...it may be a few days, but just you wait *more evil looking around*

17. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Oh, by the way, we're making this challenge last three weeks, rather than four, unless there are extensive protests from you folks.

I look forward to both your responses :D

18. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    Hmm...if I don't use a name it doesn't have to tie into my fic and it can be anyone...I mean, I'll use Wes's name...but...[face_thinking] *snicker* [face_devil]

19. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    What the kriff are you talking about????

20. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    *snicker* sorry...just, erm, type-thinking...lol [face_whistling]

21. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I have a plot bunny... now I just need time. :p

22. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    *insert extensive protest*

:p Nah, just kidding. Three weeks sounds good. :)

~Jenn

23. SweetPea

Dec 8, 2004
    Oh my gosh, guys, we're about to hit 100!!

Who's gonna grab it??

We've gotten quite a bit of pilot fic in response to this challenge, and it looks like we're going to get more soon! I must say this thread has become very effective already. :D

24. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Well, Spee, that would have absolutely nothing to do with certain people sending the wonderful adorable hosts of this thread Pms containing (and I quote from the lips, well, fingers of the Fiend herself) 50 million links to pilot fics.

She's nuts, it was only like 28 I swear!

Sheesh, ya'd think SHE was the only person that can write a pliot fic.... well, if it's a Saga era fic, apparently it IS only her.... gah! so much sweet mushiness over there your teeth will rot just reading the titles...

No wonder Jes & Myri were convinced that the pilots were sorely outnumbered.

Okay, I'm not taking 100.... Myri??? Jes is at work...

Get it girl!

25. SweetPea

Dec 8, 2004
    Hehehe. Fifty million, eh? :D

Well, they're the ones that got themselves into this mess..:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.