main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The New EU Senate - MOVE INFORMATION!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I have learned alot on the fly by poking my nose into various threads and lurking alot, though I still feel as though I have much to learn.

Now CPL has raised the issue of starting a new thread for the Senate here. One that would have our newly ratified constitution on the first page along with a roster of the offices/senators and those filling the roles. This can be updated by the mods as time goes on, and would serve as an easy way to tell who is doing what without having to search through pages upon pages of posts. It would also serve to sever us from the "rp aspects" that have gone on before here and are now relegated to the lower house. What say you all? Any thoughts either for or against this idea?

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Eh, doesn't worry me either way. ;)

3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Seeing as I was the one to suggest it, I would say that I am in full support of this. :D

4. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Sounds good, Chancellor!

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Congrats to Bardan and Sey.=D=

6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Excellent idea. I personally would like to see this happen immediately as I have at least one thing that needs to be brought up for discussion. :)

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [image=http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5134/braceyourselvesjc.jpg]

More announcements pending, people. I shall do a formal sticky thread when we have a clearer understanding of anything we will all be required to do.

When I mean 'coming' I mean soon. We're talking a matter of weeks.

So please keep calm, and read this thread in Communications for any of your queries. Page 9 has the latest update.

8. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Given that the move is coming soon I suggest we wait to start the new Senate thread until we've moved. Someone needs to make sure they have a copy of the Senate information in case something bad happens with the move. I think Bardan or Mac has the new constitution somewhere which is good and pretty much all we need other than a list of Senate members and their clubs.

Also everyone needs a moving buddy. I'm going to put out my e-mail address here so if you don't do the facebook thing or twitter you can still have a way to contact me to find out where we are.

s65horsey is my aim name
    s65horsey@yahoo.com is my e-mail

So that shouldn't be too hard to remember!

There is discussion of a temporary board while we wait for the information to be transferred over. This could take up to 2 weeks (yikes!) Some people are thinking about registering usernames that are not their own at the temporary board (since our usernames will transfer to the new board we don't have to worry about this once we're settled). I was thinking perhaps we needed to come up with a code word so that I know that Sinrebirth really is Sinrebirth on there. Thoughts? Its ok to tell me I'm being paranoid. [face_blush]

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You are not being Paranoid, I would expect some to pretend to be him, and him to pretend to be others! pats blaster I have a solution for the fake ones..... [face_devil] You deal with the Sith Scum yourself ;) :p

starts packing We're all going on a...summer holiday.... LOL!

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I would agree with Vice-Chancellor Sey. I had just started preperations to create a new Senate thread, but I think I will hold off on that until after the move and we can make a fresh start than.

Having a moving buddy is a good idea too. There are bound to be people left behind by all this.

11. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I do know that a thread was posted in the communications forum detailing a means of copy/saving threads and pm's. If anyone would like to check it out it is here.

I agree that the new thread can wait until after the move. Sey, thank-you for the sn and email. Those will prove useful. :)

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I have the constitution and roster. (sent via my not-so-smartphone)

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm sure you and I can work out how we know each other, Sey (;)) but agreed generally.

Moving buddies are a must. Try and look outside your normal friendship circle, or for someone who doesn't come on to the boards as often as you do (or vice-versa).

My details are as follows:

Facebook Name: Ryan Paul Shepherd
    Gmail: ryanshepherd18@gmail.com
    My AIM name... I have no idea.

Any questions, or panics mid-move, email away, emergencies and so forth.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Some already have this but I can be reached on YIM or Yahoo e-mail at Cruffler1776.

15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Thanks for the info guys. Really useful. I shall bug you immediately! :D ;)

Before I forget, there is a link you can use to save threads/pm's here. I have not yet tried it to see how it works/how well it works, but feel free to try it and then tell us about it.

16. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Ooh, I haven't used AIM in years...

Facebook name: Adam Lyons
    email: adamlyons83@hotmail.com

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Moving buddy, someone who doesn't come here as much as me.....tough call there! I can always get adam on FB! And most of the Wild Knightz are on my FB as well as many of the Twin Suns....so I will put an announcement up at the FB Galactic Centre/Oracle Base. I wont put my Email up here, my husband would have a blue fit (although seeing it would be worth it, I am not prepared for the medical bills). If someone wants me for some reason, contact me via PM and we will talk before the move!!! ;)

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Alright, further to the various information that you may, or may not, have read, I have created a sticky with the most up-to-date information about the Move, as in, for those not in the know, the time-scales for our migration from one server (IGN) to the next.

Please do read this, and keep an eye out for further updates. I shall be updating the opening post periodically (I'll note when).

Happy Reading!

19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok I think we need to plan what to do for approx. 2 weeks on a temp board. I suggest we throw a party. You know, like the RPF used to do with their Winter Ball thing that I don't believe happened this year. We could invite the RPF and the SWC and do IC posts as ourselves.

Any other thoughts?

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Call me a spoilsport, but I think the Senate thread on the temporary board should be reserved for issues that crop up during the move. Finding lost members, helping wayward souls and those who need it should be our primary focus. The party can be held in the play Senate thread.

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I wasn't meaning we play in the Senate thread, but we create a party thread for us to play in. It would seem slightly silly to me to recreate all our FC's for 2 weeks so why not all combine into a thread and interact with each other in a fun way?

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah for the move I think most threads will basically be taking a vacation. I misuderstood when you said "we" I assumed you meant a temporary Senate thread which I think should be posted there even for just the two weeks to help facilitate the move.

A party thread would be fun.

23. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I for one am going to stay here. I don't like the idea of moving.

Evil.

24. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I'll remind you that you said this later. :p

25. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    I'll remind you to heckle him later. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.