main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The NEW Humorous Version Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by study888, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    (As per JC Policy, Spoilers cannot be discussed on this planning thread, though spoilers are allowed in the Humorous Versions in Fanfic)The Humorous Versions are a collaborative work started in 1999 by Speak, Darth Vacuous and Purp, and others

Most of it was lost.

On the TPM Humorous Version redo thread in Fan Fiction Before Saga and Beyond I posted the following:

What is lost, we can redo. What remains, we can use. Thus we can complete the Humorous Versions up to Episode VII and when a Eppy VII Script is posted online or when the Illustrated Screenplay comes out in stores, we can start working on the Episode VII Humorous Version.

If anyone wants to join in this fun project, here is the place where you can share your ideas and most of the conversation about the Humorous versions, while the threads themselves can be where the HV's are. If there arise issues with the project they can be discussed here. If someone has constructive criticism, say it here.

Let's not change what is not lost. It doesn't need to be cleaned up or the bad language taken out, it is what it is. If someone chooses to compile this, keep it as it is. The goal should be to slowly and steadily finish this project and have fun. If anyone has hard or soft copies of the originals that were lost feel free to repost them (just star out the worst words(meaning those that are not allowed by jcc policy) and we can replace the redos with them.

The two active threads are:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...eparation-for-star-wars-episode-vii.50020791/

The Phantom Menace Humorous Version Redo

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/revenge-of-the-sith-humorous-version-spoilers.19980768/

Revenge of The Sith Humorous Version Cont'd

[Edit: I have found the ANH, ESB and ROTJ HV's. They are all linked to on the TPM redo thread. I am still looking for AoTC HV and its sequels. I think today I am going to start the Return of the Jedi Humorous Version-CONCLUSION-(SPOLERS!) thread and invite one and all fanfic writers or anyone who thinks he might be able to contribute even if he/she's never written a fanfic, to participate, and also to use this thread to plan it as well. Soon I will be starting (if someone doesn't start it first) the The Force Awakens Humorous Version (Spoilers!) We can't really discuss that much here yet.]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2021
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  3. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Ok Chyntuck I have gone into the old one and asked the mods to lock it to avoid confusion as you have asked.

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Oops, now come to think of it, I think you were talking to two different people to me and to the other mods to lock it. It was unnecessary for me to go ask the mods to lock it. My mistake. Sorry.[face_blush]

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Actually, the author of the first post can lock it him/herself by editing the first post. :)

6. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Ok, I'll start. Darth Maul is Darth Small.
    Palpatine is Palpitatine. (Like palpitate kinda)
    Darth Sidious is Darth Chin.

I was thinking in the ROTS HV during the scene where Obi-Wan goes to visit Padme instead of Obi-Wan (Ob-Ewan) finding out where Anakin is ( he already knew because Jandor Tarvin left him a note) Ob-Ewan and Patme kiss passionately and discuss the fact that Manakin is going to Mustafarfaraway and he and Jandor Tarvin are going out to get him and Patme pleads with him to not kill Manakin. Anyone can do whatever else they want with that scene, just don't make it dirty. The affair is mostly implied not seen.

Other ideas would be for ROTJ HV. Any one can watch the carebares movie and listen to the bad guy song at the end of the movie and see the parallels between the evil spirit/carebears movie badguy and palps/Vacuous (Name for Vader).

I or someone, maybe we can work together to flesh out the whole carebears/ewoks connection, which is where I feel the ROTJ HV fell off. Someone can start a ROTJ HV -CONCLUSION (SPOILERS) to finish it up. And I feel the ID4 speech (Independence from George Lucas Day) speech needs to be rewritten and tweaked to match the current situation. (It's ok for anyone to rewrite it, because I wrote that speech . ;))

Inexplicably, the original ROTS Humorous Version thread suddenly died out and when I posted a continuation in 2009 no one else posted. That thread I started in 2009 is still open. This thread is also to ask fanfic writers to express their interest in helping with this series. It was a shame when Yahoo! Geocities went down several years ago and the TPM HV Special Edition went into Internet limbo. If anyone, anyone has a copy of it please let me know.

7. study888

Jul 16, 1999

ooohhhhhh, ok. :)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Thanks jcgoble3, I'll remember that for the future, but they already locked the old one. :)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Another little thing - we can be warned for making multiple posts in a row. Fanfic mods are generally nice about it, but if you venture outside of this subforum, it can cause you major trouble.

study3600 and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    I won't be working on this for the rest of my life and I plan on living for many, many years. I am giving up the Humorous Versions for good.

11. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Five years ago around this time in January I abandoned Star Wars thinking it did not fit in with my religious beliefs, but I was wrong about that.

Now I'm re-upping this HV planning thread, hoping that I and some other can use it to collaborate on new HV stories as well as finishing the old ones.

So I is unfinished unless someone can procure a copy of the original and they are welcome to repost it, or if more than one peron has a copy, take turns reposting it. The bigger fish scene i feel should be restored to the original while i believe the LOTR reference should be kept along with the philosophy/theology reference that Ob-Ewan uses in Boss Nasty's throneroom.

The movie and movie script-based Humorous Versions:
    • -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed HV's:

I (Technically, though it still is incomplete unless there is SOMEONE out there with a copy of the original.)
      II
      Deliverance HV

IV
      V

Incomplete HV's
      III
      VI
      VII
      VIII
    • The McGuffin
    • Rouge One
      The Clown Wars
      Not started yet:

IX

HANDS OFF PART ONE

The Goofy Bunch

Rebelliousness

The Holiday Special is too sacred to touch-hands off

I cant do all this alone. -BLSK"study3600""V

Let's do this thing. I'll post a link to ROTJ, RoTS and TFA HV's soon. But III MUST be finished before VI is completed. That is a must. Now is the time for all good men and women in the JCC to come to the aid of the Humorous Versions.
      God bless.-Brent Ciou.]
      :

Help for writing in script format:

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/help-for-budding-screenplay-writers.50056314/

The other movie and movie script-based Humorous Versions:
    1. https://boards.theforce.net/threads...version-repost-2010-humor-silliness.30643704/
      TPM HV-The beginning, some of it begging to be replaced by the Original......

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...contd-add-on-spoilers.30602068/#post-30602068
      ROTS HV COMPILATION

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/revenge-of-the-sith-humorous-version-spoilers.19980768/
      TO ADD TO THE ROTS HV STORY GO HERE:

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/a-new-hope-humorous-version.177852/
      ANH HV

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/esb-humorous-version-spoilers.203134/
      ESB HV PART 1

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...morous-version-contiued-st-spoilers.50056267/
      ESB HV Part 2

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/return-of-the-jedi-humorous-version-spoilers-contd.19294988/
      ROTJ HV Compilation

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/return-of-the-jedi-humorous-version-spoilers-contd.19294988/
      TO ADD TO ROTJ HV GO HERE:

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-force-awakens-humorous-version-spoilers.50036141/
      TFA HV

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-the-clown-wars-spoilers-humorous-version.30706356/
      THE CLONE WARS HV
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/roadriff-parody-of-a-comedy.50056257/
    ROADRIFF HV

If you have any ideas for what we can do to continue to write and finish the main 9 episodes, please feel free to post them here, as here is the only place we are allowed to discuss and trade ideas for the threads, not allowed on the commentary on the threads themselves. -Ciou.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  12. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    At the risk of double posting on this thread, I need to say something and if i don't double post, no one will see this information, because this thread is buried. There should be an option for admins and mods to keep certain threads tops so they dont get buried if they are important. I think that's what the little eyes are for. If this thread is stickied, I will never have a reason to double post again. I HAVE waited a long12 days before posting here again, during which a lot has happened, some of which is relevant to this thread.

So the order that the Star Wars Based Humorous Versions must be done in is first III must be completed, then VI, then VII, VIII, IX and beyond.

Meanwhile we must work on I (but I'd prefer a reposting of the original by someone who has access to it) and The Clown Wars, also linked above, or will be.

This thread is for discussing ideas of all those, spoiler free, as well as of RoadRiff, HV, also linked here, or will be.

I edited this post because I am just full of ideas and i do not wish to triple post:

For The Mortis Arc:

Much has to be kept exactly the same essentially because of the sacredness of it, still the Father Son and Daughter and Asoka Bratto still has to absorb what she absorbs. The humor comes more from irony and humorous situations created from sarcasm and sight gags, and no one can use any bad language on their planet.

For the Water War: In both 2003 and S 4X1 of the regular clone wars series, there has to be internal consistency as there is in the series. In the Prequel HV's Kit Fitso is called Kid Fatso, and he also must be in the Clown wars.

The Clone Circus:

Remember that the Prime Minister is the Ringmaster Minister, as per AOTC HV compilation.

No Bad Batch Spoilers until 5 months after the original airdate of the episode with the spoiler. If you are just dying to include one or some, edit it or them in later. No Mandolorian spoilers until at least August of this year (2021) since it is so sensitive. In August we can start the MacGuffin, the parody Mandolorian Script.

The Clone Circus:
    The clowns love to dance. They never strip and they are not slash. However they are all in a relationship individually with Patme, but it must be subtle enough not to be over the top, more implied than shown.

Obi/Ani/Patme love triangle

Manakin Streetwalker can go out of the room after he celebrates his ceremony after the end of the fight with Floorvent with his wife, then Ob-Ewan can come in and he can say something like now let the real celebration begin. Patme can say oh your an animal and it cuts to the next scene.

When 3PO reveals his gold plating, a bunch of female droids around him ogle and whistle and catcall, including a familiar female droid from Solo, Dot Matrix from Spaceballs, and Rosie from the Jetsons.

III

In ROTS HV, Ob-Ewan can come into Patme and Manakin's apartment and since he already knows where he is, they can just have the begining of a makeout session and discuss a f t t d s, then Patme can willingly take him to Mustafarfaraway.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  13. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    For the final scenes of Rouge One, when K2-SLOW is holding the Umperial droid's head he does a SW version of Hamlet's sololiquoy, as in The
    Farce Awakens when Kindof Thin does an alternate version of it when he holds up Vader's charred helmet/skull, both in VII and IX Humorous Versions.

Also in the ending scenes of Rouge One on the planet SCAB, Jeannie Ergo puts three quarters into the giant Imperial Archive Arcade style Toy Machine.

SCENE

The big TOY claw reaches down and grabs the needed datum tapes, and begins to rise up to deliver them to Jeannie, but halfway up, the datum tapes slip out of the weak grasp of the flimsy toy claw, which then opens and returns to its beginning station.

JEANNIE: Aw, crap! Hey, Caspian, y'got three more quarters?

CASPIAN: (Yelling) I'll drop them down to you! (Drops three Washington Head Quarters.)

JEANNIE: (Looking at a quarter) You know, I've never actually looked at one of these. Who the hell is this guy on the front, and (turns it to its reverse side) What the hell is 'South Carolina'?!

CASPIAN: (Yelling) Beats the hey out of me! Now hurry!

Jeannie inserts the quarters.

The TOY CLAW descends, and this time it grabs the needed datum tapes and rises to the top with them and moves to the right and drops them into the collection bin.

JEANNIE: Wow! What are the odds of that?!

GHOST OF K2-SLOW: About 7 to one. You got really lucky there, Jeannie. Too bad you nor any of Rouge One's crew will live to boast about it.

JEANNIE: WHAT?! I'm not in A New Hope?!

GHOST OF K2-SLOW: Nope. A New Hope was made about 43 years ago when the actress who played you was in premortality, waiting to be born. George Lucas did not make A New Hope with Jeannie Ergo in mind.

JEANNIE: The hell! They could have cast me in a minor role in a future DVD edition with additional footage!

GHOST OF K2-SLOW: Sorry, but your death and the death of Rouge One is a sacrifice that the Rebellion is willing to make!

JEANNIE: The hell! We didn't even have their ******* authorization to go to motherlovin' Scab! I didn't wake up this morning and say "I feel like DYING today!" I wanted to marry Caspian and retire on All-Drained with a sizable Rebellion military pension!

GHOST OF K2-SLOW: Yeah...about that...in the next movie there won't BE an All-Drained to speak of, the Deadly Star will blow it up, and Princess Lee will be the one to do it!

JEANNIE: That b****! I want to escape this planet so I can do to that smelly woman what Caspian did to his friend at the beginning of this movie!

GHOST OF K2-SLOW: Sorry, you all die and that's final. Goodbye, see you in the boring afterlife--you should try the real life afterlife, I hear that's amazing, beautiful and a lot of fun. But in Humorous Version canon it has been established that the HV afterlife is quite boring. Oh well, I'll see you soon, nice working with you. Ciou! (Disappears)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Rebelliousness, the Inquisitorious can be called the Inquisitive.

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    As per the FAQ, again:

As this thread has since gone into story planning with actual excerpts from the story, as is not allowed, I am going to lock this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.