main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Greetings Master, JediMaster1511
    I will be looking at a time period of Jedi Order history that dates back to 3951 BBY. This is a somewhat controversial time in Jedi History in that the Order was crumbling from within while being hunted by a hidden Sith threat. The Mandalorian wars were coming to a close with the disobedient but triumphant Jedi Knights Revan and Alek with the Republic, defeating the Mandalorian Crusaders at Malachor V. It was a time when the Jedi Order disagreed with the Republic entirely and would not participate in its war. I say it’s controversial because the Jedi are keepers of the peace and protectors throughout the Republic. Yet when the people of the Republic were in danger, The Jedi exercised caution over action which the resulting inaction split the ranks. Many Jedi eager to help the cause disobeyed the Order’s will to abstain from the war. The fact remains that without the Jedi led by Revan, the Republic very well may have lost everything to the Mandalorians.

When Revan and Alek (who changed his name to Malak) returned from unknown regions to conquer the galaxy in the name of the Sith, many Jedi fell to the dark side albeit not all. A leading Jedi Knight named Meetra Surik returned from the wars to face judgment of the Council. She was banished from the Order after bearing her testimony of why she fought, while carrying an incredibly deep severed connection to the Force. Her ‘wound’ was mysterious and could be felt by the Masters of the time. But instead of seeking to help her, they banished her. The irony is that Meetra Surik would return at a later time and not only defeat the Sith threat, but aid in the rebuilding of the all but dead Order. The lesson I have learned here is that the will of the Force is strong. Caution is to be kept, but those who seek restoration should be restored.
    Padawan Galena

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Great synopsis The Vanguard. This period of slight schism during the Mandalorian Wars is fascinating. Revan leading the Knights to fight the Mandalorians while the rest of the Jedi Order decided to not participate due to concern a greater dark power was at work (which proved true, The Sith Emperor propped up Mandalore The Great, see The Knights of the Old Republic archives 1-12). On one hand Revan's thirst to defend the Republic, and the defenseless sentients like the Cathars from the Mandalorian menace was admirable and makes sense from a Jedi Guardian point of view, "act first, ask questions later." But the Jedi Council was correct, plunging into the war lead Revan and Alek into uncharted space and they became slaves to the Sith Emperor prior to becoming seditious and wanting to carve out their own empire with the Star Forge. The Jedi Counselor view, "wait, ask questions and use reason, then act," that the Jedi Council decided to take would have prevented Revan and Alek's fall to the Dark Side (on condition they botj had submitted to the Will of the Jedi Council, and not taken matters into their own hands) , the discovery of Raktak Star Forge that produces endless arsenals, armies, and armadas would have remained hidden, and so many other Jedi would never have descended into darkness because of their heroes, and role models Revan and Alek. Hero worship is dangerous for a Jedi, an unnatural bond forms and the worshipper can be lead astray by the hero.

The Vanguard likes this.
  3. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Your words ring true Kato Sai, thank you for your shared wisdom.
    Hero worship among Jedi can be deceiving. I do wonder what alternative the Order would have found had Revan obeyed the Council? I do believe there could have been an alternative. But I presume we will never know for sure.

I glean much from your words of the different Jedi class type perspectives.

*bows*

Padawan Galena

4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    "Wisdom is found in a multitude of counselors." (Melech Solomon). I would never had the oppprtunity to offer imput had you not done your task and shared your insight. An alternative, and I speculate heavily, would have been to let the Mandalorians play their hand, nearly conquer the Core Worlds and just as they prepare to seize Coruscant, the Sith Emperor would have sent his own armada, since the Mandlorians were motivated by the Emperor's puppet Mandalore; I surmise that the Sith Empire would have emerged via an armada to seize what the Mandalorians had conquered; this was the plan, use the Mandos to conquer and let them pay with their blood and lives for the planets, and then the full might of the Sith Empire arrives to claim the spoils while both The Republic and The Mandalorians are weakened after so many years of war. In that moment the Jedi could have created a treaty with the Mandalorians, rallying them with the Republic forces to curb the Sith invasion while its in a infancy state. The Jedi then could have done diplomacy and peace keeping to the hilt or zenith, having made an enemy an ally and getting the Mandalorians and The Republic to forgive their grievances to combat a greater threat; the Republic would then have the soldiers they need, fierce warriors whose reputation has made the Mandalorians legendary; the Jedi then would have avoided becoming soldiers and focus their power against the Dark Side.

Indeed, each class of Jedi offers a different shard of the Light. We learn best when many colors of the Light (blue, green, and yellow) reflect off each other to create a seamless beam of the Force. May I inquiry to which role in the Jedi Order you intend to fill? Will you be a Jedi Guardian (blue saber, warrior, fight the Dark Side head on), Jedi Counselor (green saber, masters then Force, lore, and diplomacy) or Jedi Sentinel (yellow saber, a combo of Guardian and Counselor, learns non-Force skills like computer hacking and piloting, in some cases infiltrates the Sith Order and undermines it from within).
    Tag: The Vanguard

5. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    An interesting take on a possible alternative Kato Sai .
    Although I don't know if the Mandalorians would be effective in fighting a war with the Republic, defeating them, and then fight another war with the Sith/Empire. It could have been possible, but I don't know how likely..

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well the theory is that The Mandalorians and The Republic conflict would be interrupted by the Sith invasion and hostilities would cease as the Jedi act as mediators between the Mandalorians and the Republic to forge an alliance to fight the Sith.

Did you happen to see my question in my previous post about which Jedi role you intend to fill: Jedi Guardian, Jedi Counselor, or Jedi Sentinel?

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    For my topic Master JediMaster1511 I've decided to write about The Clone Wars. Or my specifically how it began.

The Clone Wars began with the Battle of Geonosis, where Count Dooku unleashed an army of battle droids against the Jedi and their new Clone Army. It should also be noted that some time before this,Padawan Anakin Skywalker who would later become a Jedi Knight(The Hero with No Fear and later Darth Vader) was present, as was Senator Padme Amidala and Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.

But it was the Sith Lord Sideous who orchestrated this war in the shadows, wanting to end the Jedi Order once and for all. He gained public support after manipulating his way through the Senate; becoming Chancellor and gained support through other Senators that the war was necessary. This would eventually lead to the Republics downfall.

The Jedi, some reluctant, became Generals; and the conflict spread to a number of worlds like Ryloth ; the Jedi fighting and negotiating to keep the Separatists and their Generals (Dooku,Grevious Asajj Ventress to name a couple) at bay. Some planets such as Mandalore, struggled to remain neutral as well. But the Separatists or as some would call the Confederacy of Independent Systems created Biological Weapons as well as Technical Weapons like the Ion Cannons they had equipped to their startships. They were eager to secure important hyperspace lanes, but it became difficult for them to gain ground on some planets.

Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Ahsoka Tano as well as Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi become heroes. They fought in the Second Battle of Geonosis which helped put an end to the Droid Factories on that planet, as well as leading men into battle to help turn the tide of war. And on the political side, Senator Padme Amidala was determined to see an end to the conflict. Sadly that was not to be.

The war continued for three years. And by the end; the Republic and the Jedi fell and a new evil took hold. The Clones turned on the Jedi; ordered by Darth Sidious himself; and the Republic as some once knew was no longer around. Which is why I believe we must always remain vigilant for signs of corruption. They can come from anywhere and anyone. The earlier we catch them, the better. Because we may prevent something worse from happening.

Padawan Intrepid.

Dandelo and The Vanguard like this.
  8. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I apoligize Kato Sai, I must have missed that question.
    I believe my role would be best served walking the path of a Jedi Sentinel. But I cannot be certain. Is there some sort of test I can take to help guide me to the right path?

Padawan Galena

9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Yes I can test you, I have taking the tests to determine what role in Order I would best fill.

Question I: A Cathar planet is being invaded by Mandalorians. The Mandos have placed explosive charges in the main city. You must launch a counter offensive in space against the Mando armada, but the city needs to be evaucated or many Cathars will die. In addition you and your band of Cathar rebels see an army of Mandos headed towards the docking bays of your ships. If you stop the Mandos from reaching the ships you have no time to evacuate or disarm the charges in the city. What do you do?

a) You sacrifice the civilian Cathars in the city, but save the ships to launch a space attack and route the Mandalorians but most of Cathars perish in the city explosion.
    b) You abandon the ships and space attack to evacuate the city, but Mando ships send landing parties and you must surrender.
    c) You divide your team, sending Cathar rebels to the ships while you evacuate the Cathar city, using the Force to disarm the bombs. You save most of city, and the space battle ends on stalemate where you have to negotiate and sue for peace.

10. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I would choose to split forces, but would send most to aid in the mass evac. Leaving a third of the Cathar combatants to stall the invading Mandalorians as long as possible.All if not most of the Cathar combatants would perish in the stall attack. Kato Sai

Padawan Galena

Dandelo likes this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Hmm.. most interesting.

Question II: You encounter a Sith Apprentice in an isolated enclave. This Dark Warrior recognizes your presence. What do you do?

a) engage the Dark Sider in saber combat, which will result in either you becoming One with The Force or the Sith being slain by your blade.
    b) wielding the Force you push the Sith off his feet and flee using the Force as your ally.
    c) you open an dialogue with the Dark Sider, and endeavor to lead him back to Light or at the very least attempt to persuade the Sith to cease hostilities and only drawing your saber if he should attack.
    d) you lie, telling the Sith you are seeking the secrets of Dark Side and when he least expects it, knock him unconscious, gather his holocon, comlink, and data to find the Sith Academy and infiltrate it; providing intel to Jedi Order and subverting the Sith while disguising yourself as a dark sider.

The Vanguard likes this.
  12. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I would choose C, most definitely. Opening up dialogue would be my choice and inclination. Perhaps I could find a common ground with the darksider in order to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. There is incredible strength in humility. Should the Sith apprentice attack, I will be ready. Kato Sai

Padawan Galena

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Most inspiring.

Question 3: As a Jedi you mist divide your time between training in the Force and Lightsaber combat. Below answer how you intend to divide your investment.
    a) Spend most of the time training in lightsaber combat, mastering saber forms from Ataru to Djem So. This emphasis means you spend less time meditating, communing with the Force, and learning less advanced Force powers. The advantage is you become a master duelist able to dispatch Mandalorians, Sith Warriors, and other combatants with ease, while sparing yourself the draining effects of using Force powers.
    b) Spend most of your time training in the Force, learning advanced powers like Force Duplicate (making clone copies that react like holograms to enemy attacks), Force Severance (for 15 seconds you disconnect a Sith from the Force), Force Heal En Masse (heal an army and large groups). However, because you spend so much time on Force training your saber skills are more limited to a maximum of one or two you really can master. The advantage is you can support many Jedi and even defeat a Sith Lord or Emperor, but brawlers with masterful saber techniques can be hard to defeat.
    c) Spend your time evenly (50/50) between Force and Lightsaber training. This makes you formidable, able to use intermediate Force powers and enough saber treatises to be good at 3 to 5 forms. Here you are well balanced, but you lack the time and skills to learn advanced Force powers and to become a master duelist. The advantage is you can stand against brawlers and Bogan (Dark Side) artists like those who wield intermediate Dark Force powers.

14. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I choose to travel deeper into the Force, wielding it and become it's instrument. If my saber skills suffer and I'm only able to master 1 or two forms, so be it. I want to immerse myself further into the Force. To the Dark Side - be a worthy foe on the battlefield in more ways than one. And to my allies be a source of strength and healing. This path is where I belong. Kato Sai

Padawan Galena

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Most interesting.

Here is the final analysis based on your answers:

You would make a great Jedi Counselor.

Jedi Counselors commune with the Force and master using it. They often are sages, lore keepers, historians, diplomates, generals (in time of war), ambassadors, arbiters, and mediators. Counselors thrive on serving the Force, and are devoted to it.

Famous Jedi Counselors: Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Kit Fisto, Jolee Bindo, and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Lightsaber Crystal: Green

Question I: Your Response was Sentinel.
    Question II: Your response was Counselor
    Question III: Your response was Counselor, especially because of you said you want to go deeper into the Force at the expense of lightsaber training.

I am Jedi Counselor. Hence why my lightsaber (see signature) is green. I had to complete a task making a formal decision, and like yourself I wanted to go deeper, to explore the mysteries of the Force.

The Vanguard likes this.
  16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I am most grateful to the Jedi Kato Sai for taking special time to guide me in the path most fitting. I agree with your assessment and believe that I too, belong with you and the Consular brethren. I'm not sure which advanced class of the Consular I will fit into, but I believe time will tell as my training continues.

I look forward to the next step in my training.

*bows*

Padawan Galena

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Could I please be tested as well Master Kato Sai?

The Vanguard likes this.
  18. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Sorry for the time between tasks again. Training has picked back up, and I've been busy with work, plus mood disorder flare ups have been leaving me exhausted. Hopefully soon I'll have something posted for you guys.

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's okay Master. I hope you feel better soon.

The Vanguard likes this.
  20. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I concur Master, when you are ready and able - we will be awaiting the next instruction.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I gotta say, I have a new found respect for the work professional athletes put in :p

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  22. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Vacation time, let me take advantage and get you guys some tasks!!!

Excellent tasks by both of you.

Okay, for you Padawan Intrepid(TheSilentInfluence), I want you to take some time to reflect the trait of negotiation and peace keeping. As Jedi, we are looked upon to enforce peace and as such we need to foster and develop all forms of peace keeping skills to best be prepared. I wish for you to choose three forms of peace keeping skills you can think of and dedicate time to how they are important, and how you would use them.

For you Padawan Galena(The Vanguard), your task will be to study certain Jedi. The first on the list is an eccentric fellow by the name of Jolee Bindo, followed a maverick by the name of Qui Gon Jinn. Finally, the last Jedi will be none other than Luke Skywalker. I want you to give a brief history of the three and why each was so dynamic in their own right.

23. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    A Jedi report!
    *Giddily folds hands and musters a bow*

I will get to work on this right away Master JediMaster1511

Padawan Galena

JediMaster1511 likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Of course Master JediMaster1511 I'll get started on that as soon as I can. Thank you.

Padawan Intrepid

JediMaster1511 likes this.
  25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I apologise Master JediMaster1511 for taking so long to complete my assignment. I hope you will accept my apology and I will try to get my task done quicker next time. And I'm sorry for double posting, but it's been almost a month since I posted here last.

The first form of peacekeeping I would use would be negotiation. Using our words is better then using our lightsabers, and if we can come to an agreement between two parties we are helping with disagreements, I feel like it would be the best way to solve problems. If I saw a dispute between two planets who for whatever reason were against helping each other, it's possible for me to help negotiate a treaty to make peace between those worlds. As a Jedi, it's my responsibility to keep the peace, and negotiation is one of the best ways to do this.

The second form of peacekeeping I would use is compromising. This can help divide things evenly between two parties, or younglings. That way, both can get what they want; and the conflict would decrease. If for example; their were two younglings in our temple who wanted the same book, but there was only one copy; then I would sit them down and explain that they both could compromise when they wanted to have it. Perhaps one youngling could have it in the morning and the other in the afternoon. That way, no one get's upset and they can get along.

The third and last form of peacekeeping I would use, and only if necessary is that if it came to conflict between both sides; and they were fighting against or amongst each other; I would use my lightsaber to cut their weapons in half and stop their fighting before I would make sure they were both calming down, and no one was injured. If all was well, I would sit them both down and listen to what they had to say, making comments and how they can get along without fighting; and that its better if they both have clear heads. Hopefully; they could learn to get along better.

I hope this is alright for my assignment Master, please let me know if I can improve.

Padawan Intrepid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.