main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN The New Mara Card/Image, etc.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Salacious_Crummy, Dec 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Description of when the card is in Mara's lifetime:

"Mara Jade, the Emperor's hand, went undercover and posed as a dancer for crime lord Jabba the Hutt. This identity was used from the time of The Empire Strikes Back till shortly after Jabba's demise.

As "Arica," Mara was commanded by the Emperor to assassinate Luke Skywalker. She planned to eliminate him as he worked to rescue the fallen Han Solo. The final Arica card image was suggested by depictions of Arica in stories published by Dark Horse Comics."

My opinion of the card is that's its an excellent image! :D Gone are the floozy (sp?) hair Lisa and Erica complained about since she's wearing a disguise. And its quite a sexy pic, with Jabba in the background (he's not the sexy part).

Here's the link:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/dark/large/arica.html

2. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Oh, also here's the card image of Prince Xizor:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/dark/large/princexizor.html

I'll post the link when other EU cards are added that I think are interesting. I've posted a link to Corran and Talon Karrde already.

When they officially post Thrawn, Capt. Pellaeon, Guri, Mirax Terrik, the Wookie bounty-hunter Snoova, Dash Rendar, or any other image that I think is an interesting EU image, I'll post the link here, so stay tuned.

3. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I forgot to mention that there are things that I like and dislike about that Xizor image. But Mara as "Arica" more than makes up for any problems I have with it.

I'm sure JediJeff13 will agree!

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Mara's hair is so much better as Arica. You are totally mistaken about the sexiest part of the card though, Sal. It's the Jawa in the back.

5. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Looks like she's wearing "blue hands"!

Hmh... Thrawn?!

6. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Looks like Jabba is enjoying himself!

JediLars

7. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Nope. Still take the regular Mara card over that one.

8. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I've didn't really feel like posting when this came out on the official website, but now I do. Here's the link to Guri's card and her first image portrayed by a model.

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/dark/large/guri.html

9. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    The Guri card is OK, but I don't know why they changed the color of her costume. The Arica card is real hot, though. It's good to be the Jabba!

Phil

10. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I agree about Guri's costume, but I think the model they chose was perfect.

11. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Here's two more card images, both wookies:

Chewbacca, Protector from when Chewie cut his mane to impersonate the Wookie bounty hunter on Coruscant:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/light/large/chewbaccaprotector.html

And the other is Snoova, the Wookie Bounty Hunter that Chewbacca impersonated:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/dark/large/snoova.html

12. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    The Guri woman is very pretty!

13. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Ah, here's an update for those fans of Mirax. First, here's her ship, the Pulsar Skate:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/light/large/pulsarskate.html

Second, here's Mirax herself:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/light/large/miraxterrik.html

14. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Okay, Mirax is cute. But NO WAY you can't put over me that she fell for Corran Stackpole Horn. Nope - I'm sorry, but no personality would make Mirax looking like that fall for Corran looking as he does. Not gonna buy it.

15. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Your just jealous JJ13 because she didn't fall for Wes! And in regards to Guri the costume looks like something out of dare I say Star Trek.

JediLars

16. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    ALL the women have a fantasy about Wes Janson! How can they avoid it, looking like I....er....he does. :)

17. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Guri's outfit also looks a little like the uniforms in Crusade.

Phil

18. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Well, here's the list of all the new cards from this expansion. All but Dash Rendar have been posted tonight. He will be posted tomorrow night.

Just look under the Expanded Universe cards (Light & Dark Side) and you'll see all the pretty pictures when you click on the link. Here's the link to the card list:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/index.html

Among those there are Thrawn, Guri throwing a chair or something ("Agents of the Black Sun/Vengeance of the Dark Prince"), a pic with Mara and Karrde ("Watch Your Step/This Place Can Be A Little Rough"), Leebo (Dash's Droid), The Outrider (Dash's ship), The Virago (Xizor's ship), Capt. Pellaeon, Kir Kanos, Jabba's Prize (Frozen Han), and a new Lukie and Palpy. As I said they will add Dash Rendar tomorrow too.

19. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Oh and if you want to see them in person, I can bring them with to our next little MN get-together if people want me to. Just let me know.

20. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    I think I need to go shopping!

21. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    You do that, Mara. I wear an XL shirt (I like the room), 36w x 34l jeans. 35" sleeve and an 18" neck is you get me a really nice shirt. No red, though. Red doesn't work for me too well. More in the blues, olive and black.

Errr....that's what you meant, right?

22. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Checking my shopping list...

Pickles; SW Reflections 2 Expanded Universe cards; milk; apples; XL shirt/ 35" sleeve and 18" neck in blue, olive or black, not red, pickles; Tide with Bleach; 36w x 34l jeans; plane ticket to Chicago for Capricon weekend; oil change for car; pickles.

Hmh... am I forgetting anything?

23. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Yep, a six-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper.

24. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Sixer of Leinie's Honey Weiss, 1lb bag of Skittles (original flavor) and fruit cocktail.

25. NOT_JediJeff

NOT_JediJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    Eggs. Boiled, poached, over easy, scrambled and raw. That's all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.