main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The New Republic Faction Thread (IBOP)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Handmaiden Yané, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Kalio_Dynkos

NRS Defiance, Mon Calamari orbit

?More years than I can remember? said Colonel Brodi, smiling as he obviously though about his past as a young pilot. ?I have been Rogue Leader for the past three years. Several years ago when most of the veteran Rogue?s retired from the service the squadron underwent a rebuilding process. Since I was the most veteran pilot remaining in the squadron, I was given command of the group by Admiral Reahl.?

Admiral Reahl was the former head of the New Republic navy. The veteran admiral was always a bit of a rogue himself, as well as respected and admired commander.

?Anyway, I rebuilt the squadron about two and a half years ago and have been in command ever since. Being a Rogue is a lot tougher than people in other squadrons tend to think.?

Brodi grew serious. ?We are one of the symbols of the New Republic. For better or worse, we have been established as the invincible sword of the Republic. The truth is we are not invincible. I have lost many pilots over the years.?

The colonel paused for a moment before returning to his lighter self. ?Still, my pilots are the best there are. We all know how risky our job is, but anyone of us would give our live in the defense of the ideals and principles of the New Republic.?

Uber-Ed

Battle of Toydaria, Imperial controlled Hutt Space

Lt. Kalnar Omana led his flight into the atmosphere of Toydaria, intent on swooping down on the ground facilities of the rogue Imperial forces and destroying them with a well placed torpedo volley. Once safely in the skies above Toydaria, their objective became visible over the distance. A large octagon shaped facility, the base was situated on a bluff overlooking a brackish sea. The base perimeter was lined with several anti-starfighter weapons, including quad laser turrets and missile batteries. On the bases other side was a low chain of small mountains running alongside a river.

Space, Toydaria

Colonel Kre?pek dove straight at the Victory Star Destroyer, weaving through a blinding storm of green laser fire. Followed by a pair of Knave E-Wing?s, the Bothan colonel flew low along the hull of the Star Destroyer, stone throwing low. Pursued by a quartet of TIE Interceptor fighters, the trio of Knave E-Wings flew towards the command tower of the vessel.

?Knave Leader this is Two, I can?t shake those squints!? cried a pilot over the comm.

A pair of the TIE Interceptors locked on to the E-Wing and unleashed a storm of laser fire. The shields on the craft held for a moment before falling completely. The craft began to spiral out of control.

?Eject Two, eject!?

Trailing fire, the crippled E-Wing slammed into the still shielded surface of the VicStar. The violent explosion rocked the ship, but the shields held. The four Imperial fighter continued to zoom in towards Kre?pek and his remaining wingman.

Kre?pek struggled to ignore the death of one of his pilots. Flicking over to torpedoes, he turned off the autolock. At this range, the torps could not miss.

?Four, aim at the bridge. On my mark, unleash two pair of torpedoes and pull off. Understood??

Knave Four acknowledged. ?Copy boss. Torpedoes are ready.?

The pair of E-Wing?s closed to within 150 meters of the bridge and unleashed their barrage. Eight proton torpedoes streamed towards the bridge. Pulling his E-Wing into a steep climb, Colonel Kre?pek and his wingman pulled away before their torpedoes impacted. The bluish-white weapons impacted near the bridge. The first two pair were absorbed by the shields. The remaining four smashed through the gap created by the first volleys. The kinetic weapons stabbed deep into the deck above the bridge. The explosion took out a sizable chunk of the Star Destroyer?s command tower, including the bridge. A raging inferno was set off by the attack, causing the Star Destroyer to drift out of the engagement zone.

Cheers rang out over the comm lines

2. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Smith Bor
    Defiance, Above Mon Calamari

?I can understand what you are saying, sir. Everybody?s heard of Rogue Squadron. It?s a name that as you said mean perfection and invincibility,? Smith said as they rounded the next corner.

We haven?t even seen our own combat yet. If Rogue Squadron counts losses, than a squadron of rookies may not do as even half that good. But, no. They will fight their hardest. Death is a reality, but one I won?t taste for a long time.

The young commander smiled at the Colonel.

?I suppose that you are under a whole different radar and a microscope to boot.?

TAG:AdmiralNick

3. KOTORFan8

KOTORFan8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2005
    IC: Lieutenant Xander Ettiz, New Republic Fleet Intelligence
    Fleet Intelligence HQ, Mon Calamari

?Take a seat Ettiz. Make yourself comfortable.? The Mon Calamarian, Lorot Monoka, motioned to a chair at the table, smiling. Xander took the seat beside him and the woman.

?Tell us a little bit about yourself lieutenant. Where you?re from, what you like to do, stuff of that nature.? The Shistavanen, Tek Nelresk, spoke next.

Jesika spoke soon afterwards, leaning across the table towards Xander. ?Yes, tell us a bit Ettiz. That way if we don?t like you we can tell the commander here to send you packing.? The lieutenant felt a blush to come his face as he laughed at her joke, but he dispelled it quickly.

?Well, I?m a native of Coruscant and I like to ride speeders, watch podraces, and see my family in my spare time.? He continued, smiling. ?I just graduated from the New Republic Fleet Academy and am proficient in both martial arts and gunsmanship.?

TAG: AdmiralNick22

4. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Kalnar Omana

Space, Toydaria

"Alright three flight, the facility is coming up. All there TIE's should be up there, but keep yoru eyes open." The four fighters swooped in close to the planets surface. "Arm your torps. ETA is thirty seconds."

"Nine, what about there sensors? Won't they detect us?"

"They should, ten, but it won't matter because they can't get those TIE's down here in time. Alright guys, I'm not going to have you slave your targeting comps to mine. Stay in formation and hit the facility or facilities. Pump as many torps into them as you can. Lock and load people."

The quartet of E-wings closed in rapidly on the facility. Then, over the horizen line, there it was. A structure poking up from the land like a wart. "Toast that wart three flight."

The four E-wings pumped out two torps each, holding seconds to see if there only pass was successful. Kalnar felt percperation dripping down his large forhead in his helmet. His webbed fingers in they're gloves were sweating, too. His heart rate increased as the blue streaks flew toward their target. "C'mon, hit it dammit," Kalnar said under his breath.

Tag: Nick

5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Kalio_Dynkos

NRS Defiance, Mon Calamari orbit

?Yeah, being the leader of the New Republic?s most celebrated fighter squadron does make you a celebrity of sorts, for better or worse.?

Colonel Brodi shrugged. ?My focus and goal is always on two things- the wellbeing of my squadron and the security of the New Republic. I cannot let the other stuff get in the way. We are at war with an enemy who poses a threat on the scale of Palpatine. If we don?t keep our heads in the game, people die and battles are lost.?

The pair made their way back to the hangar deck. The bustle of activity was great. Commander Bor was greeted by the sight of his squadron, who had just arrived from the orbital station they had been based on since the Pakuuni mission. His own astromech droid had ferried his personal X-Wing over as well.

?We leave in twenty-four hours. Take some time to fill your squadron in on the mission.?

Uber-Ed

Battle of Toydaria, Imperial controlled Hutt Space[/i]

The quartet of Three Flight fighters unleashed a volley of eight proton torpedoes, which shot from the underside of their E-Wings and flew directly for the massive octagonal base that was their target. As the flight flew directly overhead, the torpedoes slammed into the southern portion of the base. Unshielded, the base began to explode in a series of chain reactions that consumed the base in a large fireball.

Their objective successfully completed, the flight headed back to the orbital battle above.

Yet, the base defenses were not done. Angry by the loss of their facility, the gunners manning the various perimeter quadlaser batteries opened up with a vengeance. Thousands of green lances of fire arched upwards towards the fleeing E-Wings.

Sadly, not all of them made it.

Knave Eleven was bracketed by a volley of fire. The rear shields of the E-Wing collapsed, exposing the craft to danger. Another well placed volley from a ground based turret shredded into the craft, detonating the engines and causing it to spiral out of control. The last thing heard over the comm before the fighter plowed into the rocky surface below was the screams of the pilot, who was killed on impact.

Space, Toydaria

Colonel Kre?pek received a message from the Nodiram. The facility was reported destroyed. This caused a amount of jubilation amongst the pilots of the New Republic squadrons. The colonel was quick to quiet them down.

?All fighters, fall back to the Nodiram. Repeat, fall back to the carrier. Our mission objectives have been achieved. Lets get out of here before more Imperial forces arrive.?

New Republic Forces

1 Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier, Nodiram
    [All fighter squadrons launched]

Knave Squadron
    --- E-wings
    --- CO, Colonel Kre?pek
    Of 8 fighters, 6 remaining
    --- Three Flight, Lt. Kalnar Omana
    Of 4 fighters, 3 remaining
    Halo Squadron
    --- X-Wings
    --- CO, Major Artanis
    (9 X-Wings remaining)

Gold Flight
    --- B-Wings

Rogue Imperial Forces

1 Victory-II class Star Destroyer (crippled, drifting towards Toydaria)
    [Squadrons available: 2 TIE Interceptors, all launched, 15 remaining]

2 Squadrons of TIE Fighters
    [All launched from station, 7 remaining]

KOTORFan8

Fleet Intelligence HQ, Floating City, Mon Calamari

The various team members nodded as they listened to Xander Ettiz tell a little bit about himself. Just the sort of basics that a team would want to know about a new member- where he was from, what he liked to do with his free time, etc. The trio seemed pleased with their new teammate.

Commander Nay?cra moved to the front of the room, sitting on a desk that was adjacent to a small holoprojector.

?Alright everyone, enough chitchat for today. It is time that we get down to the mission specifics. I have a feeling this one will

6. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    Commander Smith Bor
    Defiance, Above Mon Calamari

?Very well, thank-you, sir,? Smith said and walked toward his squadron with a smirk.

They were all gathered in front of Rahn?s X-Wing. Roolk Dean flashed his usual devious smile. The rest seemed to be doing the same.

?Glad to see you could all make it,? Smith said coming to a halt before them, examining them with his twinkling eyes.

?Did you enjoy your visit with the Admiral?? asked Roolk smiling. The human had the affinity of teasing people.

So, they did know.

?Yes,? Smith said, suddenly solemn. ?We?ve been disbanded.?

?What?? cried Stephen Kay. ?How can they do this? After all the training that we did??

He threw his arms in the air and turned around. Rahn Josie, standing behind the group stopped him with burly arm. Stephen tried to escape from the smaller man?s grasp, but Rahn just grabbed harder. Roolk looked over their commander with an inquisitive look. There was no hiding it. Smith?s dark eyes sparkled with joy.

?He?s kidding,? Roolk said turning his head back to Stephen.

?Yes, I?m sorry, Mr. Kay,? the young commander added in openly smirking. This was fun indeed.

?In fact, we have not been disbanded but you have gained the favor of the Supreme Commander.?

?You,? asked Roolk, still smiling.

Smith rolled his head down to his chest and let out a small laugh.

?No. The Admiral has given us a mission that is a great opportunity for this squadron. Apparently,? Smith said looking into the beautiful features of Bonna Kay and the purple eyes of the Eddel Freynahla Suw. ?You?re training impressed Rogue Squadron. Your work with Colonel Brodi and his squadron recently has also gained approval from Admiral Arboga. We have a high profile mission in 24 hours.?

There was silence. Thyme Zen?s twi?lek features beamed with pride. Dawn Moore, the Eickarie, smiled his with his green face. The normally orange tips around his face had turned a yellow color.

I really must look all those things up.

?Come on, we passed a briefing room down the hall. I?ll explain everything I know there,? the dark-skinned commander said.

Together the crew stood, Rahn from his leaning position against the nose of the X-Wing. Things were certainly shaping up for this squadron. Smith just hoped that they could handle it.

TAG:AdmiralNick

OOC:Whenever your ready. Consider my squadron up to speed.

7. Uber-Ed

Mar 10, 2005
    Battle of Toydaria, Imperial controlled Hutt Space
    IC as Kalnar Omana

Emotions exploded inside the young lieutenant Mon Calamari. All at once. Anger, sorrow, vengence all filled his mind at the loss of his pilot...his love. Lenin Malt, pilot and friend, plummeted toward the surface, starfighter crippled and useless. His first instinct was to yell eject, but it was too late. He whispered ne last thing to her in the hour long seconds of the incident, "I'm sorry..." The E-wing like figher hit the ground with a crunch, and then the screams ended, ending Lenin Malt.

"Three flight, all power to back sheilds and engines! Get out ASAP!" The three E-wings soared to the sky, and Kalnar wanted nothing more to plow his E-wing into the turret that took Lenin down, but it wasn't what she would want. He knew it. Kalnar would have said to himself to never, ever, get personal with his pilots again, but he knew that was wrong too. It was war, and friends, sometimes family, died. Kalnar didn't want to except it, he didn't even want to live. He wanted to go down and see if, by chance she survived, but her craft showed no life signs. It would be stupidity of emotions, not bravery in action. He'd heard stories of sucessful stories of fighter jocks saving fellow downed pilots behind enemy lines, but he'd heard even more of failed attempts. He wouldn't run the risk.

The three E-wings flew into the hanger, and set down in the hanger. Most pilots were headed to the debriefing, so Kalnar and his flight silently came out, as most pilots were silent, and met in the debriefing room.

8. KOTORFan8

KOTORFan8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2005
    IC: Lieutenant Xander Ettiz, New Republic Fleet Intelligence
    Fleet Intelligence HQ, Mon Calamari

Noticing the three team members taking an interest in him, Xander felt satisfied. Already into his first minutes into his first assignment, he had made some new friends and team members as well.

?Alright everyone, enough chitchat for today. It is time that we get down to the mission specifics. I have a feeling this one will not be as easy as our last one on Duros.? The commander spoke soon after and Xander watched as she explained the whole of the mission to the team, eager to begin.

TAG: AdmiralNick22

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    As all of you know, Integrated Balance of Power is coming to an end. The New Republic Faction will most likely be the first faction to finish, as you all have been informed via PM. As it stands now, Saber_Leader, Ton_G, Uber_Ed, Kalio_Dynkos, and AlionSangre will be participating in the climax. I have already been told be several other players that they consider their roles in the faction complete, and I thank them for their service.

So, consider all previous missions complete. I would ask that each player who wishes to be at Mon Cal for the game's climax post a arrival at Mon Calamari. For those of you already here, don't worry. For those of you arriving, just assume that you recieved a call to fall back to Mon Cal due to increased Yuuzhan Vong activity near the capitol.

The final stage of the game could start very soon, so be ready.

--Adm. Nick

10. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    IC as Vorin Rancis
    Mon Cal

THe journey back to Mon Calamari was a long one for Admiral Rancis. Though he had successfully defeated the Vong armada above Kegan, he had led thousands to their deaths. He had lost three capital ships, including his flagship. Rancis spent the journey in a private quarters onbroad Mon Casima, the ship he had briefly commanded. The journey seemed to take days to Rancis, but in reality was only a matter of hours. The depleted RDF soon emerged from hyperspace and took up position in orbit, as Rancis transmitted a more through account of the battle at Kegan and the Vong technology and tactics. This was followed up with a request for use of the repair facilies; many of the ships he still commanded needed some repairs to be at full combat effectiveness.

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Saber_Leader

Planetary orbit, Mon Calamari

The ships of the Rapid Deployment Force were were given top priority for repairs. Soon the shipyards above Mon Calamari were teeming with acitivty as repair droids and construction crews flocked to the warships, begining vital repairs.

In his quarters on the MC-80b cruiser Mon Casima, Admiral Vorin Rancis recieved a private message from Admiral Tokmek Arboga:

To: Admiral Vorin Rancis

Let me be the first to offer you congratulations on your victory at Kegan. While your losses were high, you fought valiantly and held on to win the day. Your victory has been an inspiration to the New Republic, as well as to myself personally. You have showed us that the Yuuzhan Vong can be defeated. For this, I offer you my personal heartfelt thanks.

Intelligence believes that the Vong losses at Dellalt and Kegan will force them to launch an all or nothing attack on Mon Calamari. In response to this, the Rapid Deployment Force is now assigned to Mon Calamari. I need my best commanders here if this battle comes to be. I have already spoken with Captain Ortala and Commodore Hirikantu, who will be working alongside you as well.

The coming days may well decide the fate of our Republic. Until then, rest up and get your ships in order.

--Adm. Arboga

12. nsper7

nsper7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2004
    OOC: I will try to get a post up within a few days; I have been real busy w/ school starting.

13. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    AdmiralNick22, Saber_Leader, Kalio_Dynkos

New Republic Capital, Mon Calamari, Outer Rim Territories

Those who lived through the dark days of war saw more death than any person or being should ever have to see, they experienced greater pain and suffering than they should be forced to bear. The soldiers among them, enlisted or heart felt, braced themselves in these darkest times. They stood strong and at the ready for the war that rushed to claim their lives, the lives of their friends and their loved ones.

Reports came from various sources within intelligence, from the Director himself, and the Supreme Commander's own assets, just as it did from first hand gatherers, like the members of Saviour Squadron. All these reports, and those that continued to flow into the capital, confirmed one thing. Mon Calamari had been targeted for attack.

Yuuzhan Vong forces at Munto Codru had grown considerably over the weeks leading up to the Battle at Dellalt, with more warships coming into the system with each day that passed. Dellalt, too, received an incredible fleet, massing at the edges of the Tion Cluster for a crushing blow against the New Republic.

Probes into the system began not more than a month after Dellalt's fall. Coralskipper scouts flew along the system's edges, disappearing once their tasks were complete. Intelligence had been gathered by the extragalactic aliens. Their full frontal assault followed shortly thereafter.

Dozens of warships and support craft, some of familiar shape and size, others now seen by Republic for the first time, gathered at separate points around Mon Calamari. They surrounded the world in a general ring, prepared to launch their assault from all possible angles. Lumbering forward toward the inevitable, their formations spread, slowly but surely working to form a gigantic sphere that would encompass and surround the entire world.

14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    AdmiralNick22, Ton_G, Saber_Leader, Kalio_Dynkos

Mon Calamari, Outer Rim Territories

The moment that the New Republic had predicted was at hand. Sensor stations and hidden recon satellites scattered around the edge of the Mon Calamarian system began reporting large concentrations of Yuuzhan Vong warships. Ignoring the other planets of the system, including the largely populated Mon Eron, the Yuuzhan Vong armada began to encircle the planet Calamari itself. Slowly, but surely, the Yuuzhan Vong fleet took up position and waited, intent to see the reaction to their siege.

The planet Mon Calamari itself was abuzz with activity, albeit, organized and orderly. The top echelons of the New Republic Defense Force Command had long predicted an attack on their capital. These fears had been confirmed when friendly agents from a secret organization known as the Universal Alliance provided crucial intelligence on the intentions of the Yuuzhan Vong. As a result of this, the world began to brace itself for the coming battle.

The massive planetary shields that protected Mon Calamari went up, protecting the world from bombardment. The ring of Golan defense platforms went on full battle alert, ready to aid in repelling the onslaught. Planetary based fighter squadrons began to launch, taking up their assigned battle stations. Orbital and planetary based ion cannons and turbolaser batteries charged up. Across the world, multiple divisions of the New Republic Army took up position in every major floating city, protecting key installations like weapons, shield generators, and key command and control stations.

A message was sent to all New Republic worlds of the situation. Large formations of ships assigned to defend worlds like Sullust, Corellia, and Bothawui went to full alert, prepared to either face the invaders elsewhere or rush to the aid of the capitol.

In space, the massive armada of New Republic warships broke into four main groups. During the month following the New Republic victory at Kegan, Admiral Tokmek Arboga organized the fleet at Mon Calamari into four distinct groups. Each group was positioned to cover ¼ of the planet. Fleet Group One was under his personal command. Fleet Group Two was placed under the command of Admiral Rancis, hero of Kessel and Kegan. Vice-Admiral Oktrem Thri?skra took the helm of Fleet Group Three, while Fleet Group Four was given over to recently promoted Commodore Toklar Ortala.

On the ground, Chief of State Jenica Belami and the governmental officials took their place in predetermined bunkers. Halfway across the galaxy, Sullustan Senator Suul Nyuub watched the situation carefully from a secret New Republic facility. If Calamari was lost, it would fall to him to lead the New Republic.

As the massive fleet took up its position over Mon Calamari, the Supreme Commander of the Defense Force addressed the force.

?This is no time for flowery or poetic words. We are at war. A war that is now for our very survival. Eyes all across the galaxy are now on Mon Calamari. What we do here will set the tone for the entire war against these vile invaders. The history of the New Republic and the Rebel Alliance before it has been one of facing the enemy no matter how incredible the odds may be. The heroes of Yavin faced a battle station with a mere handful of fighters. It is in that spirit of courage and sacrifice that I ask all of you to do your best today.?

The admiral paused for a moment, overcome with emotion.

?The moment is upon us my friends. May the Force be continue to be with us, as always.?

Each fleet group was ordered to hold position for the time being, as the numerous probes and satellites began to scan the Yuuzhan Vong armada, calculating its size, disposition, and strength. Mon Calamari was enclosed in a wall of durasteel warships and defense battle stations.

Sitting in his command chair on the MC-90 Defiance, Admiral Arboga waited for the coming of the storm.

TAG: LS_A, all Ne

15. Saber_Leader

Jan 28, 2003
    IC as Vorin Rancis
    Mon Cal

Admiral Rancis was on the bridge of Starfire, the MC90 recently assigned to him as the flagship of Fleet Group Two. It was nearly a month since his return from Kegan, and repairs had been completed to the rest of the RDF, now Fleet Group Two. The attack on Mon Cal was anticipated, and all ships had been briefed on Vong tactics and abilities. Admiral Rancis was slightly concerned with Admiral Arboga plan, however. While he did agree that all of Mon Calamari had to be protected, splitting the fleet spread them out, so that each fleet group was on their own. Engaged with the Vong, trying to protect their assigned portion of the watery world, the Fleet Groups would have little to no chance of supporting each other. Still, the orders had been given, and Rancis intended to follow them.

Admiral Rancis began issuing orders as soon as Admiral Arboga signaled the Fleets. "Battle Stations. Raise all shields, charge all guns, and launch the starfighters."

Following the lead of the Supreme Commander, Rancis held his group back, waiting to see how the Vong would react to the defensive positions of the New Republic fleet. Let them make the first move, he thought.

Tag: Nick, LSA, all at Mon Cal

And so it begins.

16. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    Commander Smith Bor
    Mon Calamari

?All fighters check in,? came the confident voice of Commander Smith Bor. Up to now his squadron had performed admirably. They?d been under the Admiral?s eye and had survived well in their recon mission to Munto Cudro.

?Flight one checked in,? came the summed up call of Lt. Rahn Josie.

?Flight two checked in,? came Lt. Freynahla Suw.

?Good to here it Saviors,? Smith said smiling. ?You?ve proved yourselves worthy of every honor. You?ve also proved yourselves my friends. It has been an honor to serve with you all. Never before have I enjoyed such an assignment. This battle means more than just sticking to your guns. This means the life of everyone you know. Keep that in mind as you face these skips. We?ll teach ?em, Saviors. We?ll live up to our name, if it be our dieing call or our triumphant salute.?

He switched up his shields.

?Squadron form up.?

The three flights of four in tight formation formed up. They?d seen combat in the simulations and even had a little chance to run their stutter fire and torpedo technique briefly against the Yuuzahn Vong forces in one engagement. They?d seen scrapes and nearly lost a few during their minor engagement. It had only served to emboldened the squadron of rookies. This battle meant more than anything to Smith. It meant life and death for more than just himself. The young commander had lived a lifetime readying for service to the truth of the New Republic.

The Chief of State?s voice came to life over the comm system.

?This is no time for flowery or poetic words. We are at war. A war that is now for our very survival. Eyes all across the galaxy are now on Mon Calamari. What we do here will set the tone for the entire war against these vile invaders. The history of the New Republic and the Rebel Alliance before it has been one of facing the enemy no matter how incredible the odds may be. The heroes of Yavin faced a battle station with a mere handful of fighters. It is in that spirit of courage and sacrifice that I ask all of you to do your best today.?

The admiral paused for a moment, overcome with emotion.

?The moment is upon us my friends. May the Force be continue to be with us, as always.?

A tear formed in the corner of Smith?s dark eye as he flew his Squadron into their pre-assigned position.

?Indeed, my friends, may the Force be with us,? Smith said of the squadron channel and paused before continuing with a firm, sure voice. ?The first to kill a skip, has drinks on me. To the most, a week of drinks.?

He laughed into the comm system. ?To the one who saves my skin, a month of leave?I?ll swing it, for we are the Saviors. We?re all saviors. Watch you?re backs.?

?Aye, sir,? came Roolk. ?I?m getting all those, sir. A round of drinks would be a good time during my month?s leave.?

?You?d better watch it Roolk or I might just come up behind you on that,? joked Tim.

?Very good, Saviors. Let?s make ?em wish they weren?t here,? added Rahn Josie with a giddiness that was surely out of character for the hard little man.

He?ll make a fine commander as soon as this is over. I?ll be happy to serve alongside him?when I?m sitting in that Admiral?s chair aboard a nice cruiser.

TAG:LSA,AdiralNick22, everyone else out there

17. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    AdmiralNick22, Saber_Leader, Kalio_Dynkos

Each of the six flotillas worked together in unison, first forming a loose sphere around the world of Mon Calamari and then working to tighten their net, effectively trapping the world's defenders with no place to run or hide. Scores of Yuuzhan Vong warships, six Supreme Commanders, each with a great yammosk hidden within his specific flotilla, worked as one. They drew upon Mon Calamari with one goal: Annihilation of the infidels.

Additional forces to bolster their efforts continued to arrive from close systems and regions, including Munto Codru and the Tion Cluster, with many more on their way from Sernpidal, Belkaden and Dubrillion. Their numbers eclipsed those of the infidels, promising a swift end.

Advancing at the forefront of the narrowing net, four groups peeled off from the main formation, one assigned to deal with each of the New Republic's fleet elements. Each comprised of two Uumufalh Gunships, a pair of Suuv Ban D'Krid Cruisers, three Mataloks and a Miid Ro'ik Warship. Their total number reaching thirty six vessels, with hundreds of coralskippers among them.

Even when they peeled away from the main sphere, scores of warships remained in a series of rings around the world. The signal had been given for an advance, but those not part of the initial probe remained in strong formation.

Elsewhere, small flotillas had been dispatched to Sullust, Corellia and Bothawui, in an attempt to tie up the New Republic's major fleets, thus preventing their chances, and crushing their hopes, of reinforcement.

18. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    AdmiralNick22, Ton_G, Saber_Leader, Kalio_Dynkos

New Republic capitol, Mon Calamari, Outer Rim Territories

Admiral Arboga watched the battle analysis computer screens as four groups broke off from the main Yuuzhan Vong armada and headed inwards, bound for the four formations of New Republic capital ships holding a defensive posture over Mon Calamari. Each of the four advancing groups consisted of eight warships, lead by a massive Miid Ro?ik warship, the Vong analog to the Star Destroyer. The groups were heavy hitters, composed almost solely of various classes of Vong cruiser. Each was a match for the four fleet groups Arboga had assembled to defend the capital.

This formidable attack consisted of only a portion of the total Yuuzhan Vong attack fleet. Several loose rings of support vessels and cruisers remained behind, content to enforce their blockade on Mon Calamari.

News from the rest of the New Republic was no better. The initial plan developed by Arboga and his top commanders called for fleet elements from the Second, Third, and Fourth fleets to jump to Mon Calamari and aid in the battle. Yet, reports coming in from Corellia, Sullust, and Bothawui indicated that the Yuuzhan Vong had dispatched small flotillas to distract those fleets, preventing them from coming to the aid of the capitol.

Yet, despite the overwhelming superiority of the Vong forces, the defenders of Mon Calamari determined themselves to fight on. Retreats from Elom, Munto Codru, Dellalt, and other worlds were bad enough for morale. At Mon Calamari the fleet would stand and fight.

Watching the battle screen, Arboga thought of his career in the New Republic?s navy. From his days as a ship captain during the Rebellion, to his command of the first RDF, to his eventual rise to the position of Supreme Commander, he had always known that his life would be defined by one major event.

This was it. And he was not about to fail when his Republic needed him the most.

So far, one advantage had presented itself to him. The Vong advanced, letting Arboga fight defensively, which gave him a considerable edge in firepower and mutual ability to aid. Opening a highly encrypted comm to his top commanders, Arboga laid out his plan.

?Each group will hold their position near the line of Golan battle stations. As the Vong draw close to firing range, begin falling back behind them as if we are beginning a disorganized retreat. This should goad the Vong commanders into pressing their attack. As soon as we fall back, the ground based turbolaser and ion batteries will have clear lanes of fire, which in conjunction with the fire from the Golan?s should disrupt the Vong advance. As soon as they begin to sustain damage, each fleet group will leap forward and engage the Vong group facing them. Hopefully this tactic will allow us to inflict some good damage on their forces before we have to commit our fleets to battle.?

The admiral paused. ?If we can weather this first assault with only minor damage, we may be able to convince the Vong commander than the losses he will sustain will be too great a cost for Mon Calamari.?

Signing off the battle net, Arboga silently prayed that his plan would work. With the other fleets tied up, there was no one to come to his aid.

TAG: LS_A, all New Republic players at Mon Calamari

19. slumvillage

slumvillage Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Name: Maskan Armada
    Species: Human
    Force Sensitivity: No
    Division: New Republic Senate

I would like to join the New Republic and IBOP. I am hoping some one will help me with where I can start.

20. Uber-Ed

Mar 10, 2005
    Folar Base, Kashyyyk

Kalnar set his fighter down and cut the repulsorlifters when the landing gear had touched the ground. As the remaining members of Knave and Halo squadrons opened the canopy's of their cockpit's, Kalnar slowly took off his helmet and set his gloves into his helmet. A bad day was at hand. Sure, his flight proved themselves, but it wasn't worth the loss of her. Lenin wasn't going to come back and enjoy the celebration with Shale, Reth, and him. She was in a crumpled up E-wing on the surface of Toydaria. Atleast the rest of my flight made it back. But who knows how long we'll last in these dark times...

The two squadrons had also heard news of the situation at Mon Calamari. It took all the strength Kalnar had to stop himself from getting in his E-wing and going after the Vong himself. But he knew he would end up like Lenin. Lenin and the rest of the squadron that didn't come home. Knave Squadron took the most hits that day, returning with the least pilots. Some many thoughts ran through his head, and so many bad things were happening. He wanted to turn inward and face his own problems by himself, but then he wouldn't enjoy his potential last weeks in the galaxy.

A tap came on his canopy. Kalnar looked through the transparent steal and saw Shale's face, a small tear rolling down the young Twi'lek's cheek. Shale had never struck Kalnar as one to cry, but he understood completely what she was going through. The Mon Calamari opened the canopy as Shale stepped down off the ladder. Kalnar looked at his wingman in the eye when he got down the ladder and saw an absolute sadness behind her vilot eyes and more tears streaming down her face. Very unprofessional, but it was expected. Shale, Lenin and Kalnar were close friends, and he knew that the female Twi'lek had strong feelings for Lenin as a friend.

"I'm sorry..." Kalnar said softly. Shale threw herself onto the Mon Calamari and sobbed.

"It's not your fault," she said in an uneven voice.

"My plan, and I take responsibility for her life. She was a good pilot, and an extrodinary person. Nothing can deny that from her legacy, but we need to work on surviving so we can get those son of a Sith back. We'll probably be back up in the battle that'll happen at Mon Cal, so there's a better chance of survival."

Kalnar stood there on the flight deck, comforting Shale in his arms, hoping things were going to work out.

Tag: NickOOC: When ever you're ready to bring us into the final battle. :)

21. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    IC as Captain Rakkrukh
    Mon Calamari

Hunched over his multifunction display, Rakkrukh broke his connection with the flagship. "Helm, shift course hard to port and take us behind Station Blue Six-Eight, all ahead flank speed. Make it look like I just soiled myself and am fleeing in a mynock-crazy panic."

The flippancy of the Whipid officer's command broke the tension of the Mon Cals and other beings on the bridge. The MC80 Star Cruiser Dauntless swung back towards her birthplace quite nimbly for her impressive bulk, as nimbly as she'd manuvered around the pirate Star Destroyer she'd captured in battle three weeks ago. The crew's confidence, dented by the horrible training mishap on Rakkrukh's first week, was now brighter than ever. The captain could practically feel it humming through every structural beam and power conduit aboard. Dauntless and her crew were warriors joined as one, and today that's how they would face the Vong to whatever end they met.

"Increase shield power aft and order the Scalawags to keep any skips off of our tail."

IC as Commander Ilar Kynt

For once, the B-wings of the Blunderbuses were leading the fighter formation, hanging back two kilometers behind the Dauntless in covering position. Two klicks back from them were the E-wings of Fusillade and Broadside Squadrons, running lateral racetrack patterns between the oncoming fleet and their mothership.

"Alright, kids," Kynt broadcast over the wing comm frequency. "Planet's behind us and the Vong are in front of us. Only option we have is to give them a very unpleasant welcome and an even more unpleasant eviction."

TAG: LS_A, Nick and all NR units

22. Saber_Leader

Jan 28, 2003
    IC as Vorin Rancis
    Mon Cal

Admiral Rancis watched as part of the Vong armada broke off and headed towards his fleet. Roughly the same as the force we fought at Kegan he thought. Here, though, I'm the one defending the world.

As Rancis calculated his enemies strength, he received his orders from Admiral Arboga. "Each group will hold their position near the line of Golan battle stations. As the Vong draw close to firing range, begin falling back behind them as if we are beginning a disorganized retreat. This should goad the Vong commanders into pressing their attack. As soon as we fall back, the ground based turbolaser and ion batteries will have clear lanes of fire, which in conjunction with the fire from the Golan?s should disrupt the Vong advance. As soon as they begin to sustain damage, each fleet group will leap forward and engage the Vong group facing them. Hopefully this tactic will allow us to inflict some good damage on their forces before we have to commit our fleets to battle.?

Rancis turned to his comm officer and spread the orders to his other ships. "Have the medium cruisers fall back first; Starfire, Champion, and Mon Casima will follow. Make sure all ships stay clear of the planetary weapons firing lanes. When we pass the Golans, begin to reform the fleet. We'll let the Vong come to us."

Rancis' defense fleet begin pulling back, looking disorganized and paniced, but soon would reach the higher defensive positions behind the powerful Golan stations.

23. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    AdmiralNick22, Saber_Leader, Kalio_Dynkos, Alion_Sangre

Admiral Vorin Rancis began a seemingly cowardly withdrawal toward the safety of Mon Calamari as one of the four advancing Yuuzhan Vong groups began to surge toward his fleet. Likewise, Captain Rakkrukh pulled back even as Dauntless was pursued and hunted by the might of the Yuuzhan Vong's first wave.

Several other commanders followed their lead, which had initially been set by their Chief Commander, the leader of the New Republic Fleet, Admiral Arboga. Through his guidance, the forces of the New Republic watched as the Yuuzhan Vong entered the first of many traps to come.

Eager to bring death to the infidel resistance that was the New Republic, the advancing alien force plunged forward, only to fall into the line and range of fire of the deadly Golan Defense Platforms that acted as guards and sentinels around the capital world. Almost simultaneously, planetary turbolasers set loose with one salvo after another of deadly laser fire, which created an opening for the Republic's fleet elements to launch their counter strike.

While Yuuzhan Vong dovin basals were greedily picking off the first bursts of laser fire from the Golans, and then barely managing to soak up fire from the planetary turbolasers, they were not able to defend themselves entirely against the Republic's fleet at the same time. Dovin basals were overwhelmed and cruisers began to crumble.

All four groups of the advance force were near devastated, with only minimal losses from the New Republic, including: a VSD II from group one and also from group three; a Corellian Gunship and a Corellian Corvette from group two; and, a Dreadnaught from group four.

By that time, of course, all six Yuuzhan Vong flotillas converged to reinforce their failing comrades. Yammosks coordinated their united efforts, with coralskippers making runs on all available space targets, including Golans, capital ships and starfighters. Each of the six groups held a pair of Miid Ro'ik Warships, four Suuv Ban D'Krid Cruisers, four Uumufalh Gunships and six Mataloks.

Every single one of them seemed to be releasing swarms of coralskippers and magma missiles. Plasma fire filled the space between the opposing forces, promising death to the weak among them. As terribly powerful as those living ships appeared, the tacticians and strategists within the Republic's War Room were only too well aware that this was simply the first wave of the enemy.

slumvillage, the New Republic is actually in its final stages of development before the conclusion of its role in IBOP. Unfortunately for you, this means that you probably won't be able to join in, as the final battle has already begun.

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    AdmiralNick22, Ton_G, Saber_Leader, Kalio_Dynkos, Alion_Sangre

New Republic capital, Mon Calamari, Outer Rim Territories

Cheering erupted on ships across Mon Calamari as the initial four Yuuzhan Vong attack groups succumbed to the first trap laid out for them. The feigned retreat and subsequent counterpunch managed to literally wipe out every Vong warship in the initial strike. Losses sustained by New Republic forces were minimal, leaving the four fleet groups in good condition.

Yet, as the various commanders exalted in their victory, a huge portion of the Vong armada broke off from the ring surrounding the water world, heading inward to savage the New Republic lines. Six battle groups surged forward, numbering sixty-four vessels total.

Greater than the total number of Republic warships arrayed against them.

Standing firmly on the bridge of his flagship, the MC-90 Star Cruiser Defiance, Admiral Arboga watched the battle analysis computers as the six battle groups lanced forward at full speed to avenge the loss of their companions in the initial probe. The men and women who served under him were amongst the finest in the entire fleet, yet he knew that even if they could weather this next wave, the odds of them being able to hold off another of similar strength was slim. Yet, gazing at the battle screens in front on him, the admiral remained as determined as ever to hold the line.

Too many worlds had already fallen. If this one was to fall as well, it would only happen after the entire fleet defending it was reduced to rubble. Evacuation was not an option, given the fact that reports had reached him of the small flotillas of Vong warships attacking numerous Republic worlds. The evacuees of Mon Cal had no where to go. Their fate, and the fate of the entire New Republic rested on the shoulders of the officers and crews of the fleets in orbit above.

?Open a channel to the fleet? said Arboga.

Once the channel was secure, the admiral laid out his next plan of attack. ?Each fleet group in clear to engage the one of the Vong forces opposing it. If we hold the line with the Golan platforms, their attack should break on us like a wave against a levy. The wave can be strong, but the levy is still stronger. As soon as we solidify our line, all starfighter squadrons are cleared to engage the Yuuzhan Vong skips. All X-Wing and A-Wing squadrons will concentrate on space superiority while any attack fighters like E-Wing?s or B-Wing?s will begin torpedo runs on the Vong capital ships.?

The admiral paused for a moment. ?Once we engage the Vong, all ships must hold their position in the line. We cannot allow them to slip past us and begin to undermine the strength of our lines. As soon as they settle into attacking our ships, I will send our ace in the hole forward.?

It was clear what the admiral had meant. The ace in the hole was none other than the Mon Calamari Star Defender Republic, the largest and most powerful warship in the entire New Republic navy. Designed to be the navies answer to the Imperial Super Star Destroyer, the craft was outfitted with numerous turbolaser, ion, and torpedo batteries. Carrying an incredible twelve squadrons of starfighters, the warship was the key to holding the line.

?The Republic will surge forward from its position behind the shipyards and swing through the nearest Vong battle group. Our goal is for the Vong shields to be so intent on absorbing the fire from the fleet group facing it that they will not have time to shift their shields to take the tremendous fire from the Republic. As soon as it finishes its pass, it will move on to the next nearest fleet group before returning to its position behind the main line. If these two attacks are successful, it should allow us to peel some forces from those two groups to reinforce the other groups engaged.?

The orders were transmitted to all the New Republic forces arrayed above the capital. The line would hold or all would be lost.

TAG: LS_A, all N

25. Saber_Leader

Jan 28, 2003
    IC as Vorin Rancis
    Mon Cal

The forces under the command of Admiral Rancis halted their feigned withdraw and turned to add their firepower to that of the Golans and planetary weapons. WIthin minutes the Vong flotilla was destroyed, at only the cost of one corvette and gunship. If only it was that easy at Kegan, Rancis thought. Then Allegiance would be able to help here. Still, now was not the time to second guess the past.

"Sir, another wave of Vong ships heading our way, much stronger this time," Rancis' sensor officer called out across the bridge.

"Orders from Admiral Arboga, sir," the comm offeicer added.

Rancis nodded at her, and the words of the Supreme Commander came through the bridge.

"Each fleet group in clear to engage the one of the Vong forces opposing it. If we hold the line with the Golan platforms, their attack should break on us like a wave against a levy. The wave can be strong, but the levy is still stronger. As soon as we solidify our line, all starfighter squadrons are cleared to engage the Yuuzhan Vong skips. All X-Wing and A-Wing squadrons will concentrate on space superiority while any attack fighters like E-Wing;s or B-Wing;s will begin torpedo runs on the Vong capital ships."

The admiral paused for a moment. "Once we engage the Vong, all ships must hold their position in the line. We cannot allow them to slip past us and begin to undermine the strength of our lines. As soon as they settle into attacking our ships, I will send our ace in the hole forward."

"The
    Republic will surge forward from its position behind the shipyards and swing through the nearest Vong battle group. Our goal is for the Vong shields to be so intent on absorbing the fire from the fleet group facing it that they will not have time to shift their shields to take the tremendous fire from the Republic. As soon as it finishes its pass, it will move on to the next nearest fleet group before returning to its position behind the main line. If these two attacks are successful, it should allow us to peel some forces from those two groups to reinforce the other groups engaged."

"Acknowledge the orders. Have the fleet form a defensive line with the Golan stations. Starfire and Mon Casima will hold the center; have the Dreadnaughts and Strike cruisers flank us, and put the Neb-Bs and Carraks on the outside, close enough that they can receive covering fire from the Golans. The remaining gunships will provide starfighter protection for Starfire and Mon Casima. Make sure the planetary fire lanes stay open. Champion will be our only reserve, and will hang back to reinforce any point on the line the Vong attack in force."

Rancis surveyed the grim faces of his bridge officers. "You all heard Admiral Arboga. We hold the line at all costs. If we fail, an entire world dies. We are the best officers and ships in the fleet; that is why this duty falls to us, and that is why we will not fail." With a quick glance at the monitor of the approaching Vong fleet, Admrial Rancis took a deep breath and issued one more order:

"Open fire."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.