main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so because my opinions on certain topics concerning the rumored film doesn't mesh with the majority, I'm trolling and knowingly being contrarian/disagreeable. I'm not trolling anybody and it's the same people who I always head butts with that always accuse me of being a troll.

nightangel likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    No. He literally just said that the different opinion part is not the problem. Please go back and read it again.

3. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    You guys literally scared the emoticons out of him. That's great.

4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I do let it go but what is a person supposed to do when people quote them and I reply back and that's what's being considered trolling here.[face_dunno]

5. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Did he specifically say that about Rey? If not, he could have been referring to Finn.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Why do I feel like you didn't actually go back and re-read what ACOD wrote? This part is key: "... your recent trend of finding your daily knowingly disagreeable/contrarian "opinion" and refusing to let it go until it generates idiotic drama has become trolling". That doesn't really say anything specifically about replying to people who quoted you.

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I did re-read it's just that the refusing part comes from posting at people that quote me which is what seems to create drama. Anyways I get the picture, I won't reply to people and create needless drama anymore.

nightangel and thejeditraitor like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Agreed, Internets.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I hope that rumor that MVS is an Ex-Imperial and that his Destroyer crashed on Jakku and that he and his troops founded Jakku and decades later they established it from nothing to be the new Mos Eisley is true. Pretty interesting back-story a man once loyal to the Empire now with his loyalty gone is helping the Resistance.:D

maybe Kylo kills him because he mocks him about being a Vader one a be.;)

nightangel and SkywalkerOG like this.
  11. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    A look at the TMZ pics makes it seem unlikely that the inhabitants of Jakku were once Imperials. It's a very motley crew.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I wouldn't mind if Max was an Imperial I just hope they finally allow depth to someone NOT called Skywalker with a past.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but clothing is not indicative of anything people dress to accommodate to the climate and the rumor does say that by VII it's the new Mos Eisley so people from all over the Galaxy would logically come to the planet just like they did on Tatooine and by that time the planet would be much more than just Imperials.

14. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I remember hen they announced the cast I was the most excited for MVS

15. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Indeed, and I would wager that this opening crawl also probably endured more rewrites than any of the others.

But we may never know...

16. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Yep.

17. SkywalkerOG

Sep 19, 2014
    Where are these TMZ pics?

18. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    I was thinking about this earlier today actually...and I think it's definitely a legitimate point. They have to somehow spell it out for the average moviegoer, and I wonder how exactly they're going to do that.

If you involve Bespin in the opening/flashback/whatever, and make it clear that it's Cloud City/Bespin, and maybe you even see the saber and hand falling out of the chute thing, I don't know...but anyway, that Bespin connection would spell it out for the average joe/non-space cadet.

Not that it has to be that, just...they are going to have to make it clear, somehow, that that's Luke's lightsaber from when Darth Vader cut his hand off on Cloud City in TESB.

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=star...a=X&ei=-oqHVab1B7HLsAS0q4bwCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw

20. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Agreed. It immediately establishes Kylo as a threat and foreshadows the murder of Han Solo.

Also, a nice reference to a Lucasfilm produced canonical flashback can be found in Season 3, Episode 13 of the Clone Wars called "Nightsisters".

It provides the backstory of Asajj Ventress in a way that seems plausible for TFA. It's a STAR WARS flashback. Check it out.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks guys. Nice to actually read a positive idea thought regarding Max for once. :)

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Uh, but why does Vicar want to give the Resistance the saber, though? Surely he must sympathize with them for some reason. Him being a Jedi, or working for Luke, or not liking Kylo, or something–it must be a part of it. He's surely not just calling Leia to give her the saber because he heard some people were looking for it and was looking for profit, otherwise he'd call Kylo, right?

23. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    How about just "RAND Corporation"

I know I'm not alone in believing there are some shady goings-on behind the Jedi Council Forums curtian.

24. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    I want to hear dialog in this coming trailer for the sole purpose of determining whether or not they're going to let Daisy and John keep their British accents.

Because it'd be nice to have some British good guys in a Star Wars movie for once.

(Besides Threepio, that is. And whatever the hell Carrie was trying to do for the first half of Star Wars)

25. SkywalkerOG

Sep 19, 2014
    Yeah one of the reasons I joined TFN is because nobody on the internet seemed to care he was cast and then I saw the MVS thread and had to join lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.