main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    In just over a year... I expect this to be the new 'Standing By' image. XD
    [​IMG]

2. ararha

ararha Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 25, 2013
    One of the leakers from 4chan posted pics of items he recieved while working at LucasFilm..no idea if he was telling the truth or just making up stuff in regards to the story.

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Do you have a link?

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Spoilerman said this [face_laugh]

I'll say this

By Christmas, you'll either see a teaser trailer with the classic 3 characters

Or your'll have a press release of a Han Solo photo op with Harrison Ford

One of these two things will happen in the next 2-3 weeks.

You heard it here first, and if they do come to pass which I reckon have a very high chance of happening, then I hope you remember who it was that typed it here.

VMeran, dekaneas and Dra--- like this.
  5. ararha

Jun 25, 2013
    no. He posted a couple of pics. The only link is this one. The guy said Lucas gave the staff these pillows when he retired...So he would be the closest guy to actual spoilers.

[​IMG]

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Asking for a blind link from 4chan is like playing Russian Roulette.

Don't man. Just don't.

7. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    ...with a fully loaded gun.

8. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    In their defense, the mods shut down one of the 4chan threads because it was going in circles and people were discussing 4chan just as much as, if not more than, the actual rumors. I was surprised to see it locked, but sometimes we do make it pretty hard on them.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. ararha

Jun 25, 2013
    The guy who posted the pics posted these spoilers...(copied from another forum)
    The Leaks Awaken:

Hey /tv/ I cant believe that in 2014 you're still being supershadow'd. Wanna talk with a REAL SOURCE? I'll be here for a couple hours.

The Return Of Darth Plagueis The Wise:

Main guy is going to be serkis (pic related, im hearing things about a spinoff), but they are going to merchandize the Blast of darth ruin (driver)

Yup, but not the book one. You can read it to give yourself an idea of what they're going for. Still, there are some (in my opinion disgusting) things going on that may make him more a "wise" than a "bad guy" planed for after IX

[About his Muun appearance] Not exactly him, he looks goofy as Blast there

The New Jedi Order:

["So is there an established Jedi Order yet or is it still just Luke?"] Unofficial one. Neither aligned with Republic or Empire but with justice

Romance:

The thing is there is not much time for love because after act I the **** start hitting the fan constantly. No triangles with gleeson or isaac or pip

[On John Boyega and Daisy Ridley's relationship] I'll be honest here, the guy who said it was a luke-leia thing was one of the imposters but he hit the nail on the head, they are more of a fraternal love than a romantic love. i mean, it could be romantic but not on VII

Gwendoline Christie:

Shes a imperial commander with a lightsaber (ive heard the word inquisitor thrown arround) its literally her brienne role but with a lightsaber and loyal to the empire

The concept of thrawn evolved into gwen's chrometrooper

There must be an alternate reality where cumberbatch is grand admiral thrawn

Crossguard Lightsaber:

["What are the lightsaber things supposed to be? A hilt or vented exhaust?"] Exhaust. Its supposedly an old sith legendary sword. Think of the sith version of excalibur

["Why do the exhaust jets look identical to the main blade?"] Not identical, look closer ;)

Avast, Here Be Pirates:

["Any bounty hunters in episode 7?"] Pirates, almost the same ****

Revan Is Now Canon:

No idea [how old the Crossguard Lightsaber is] but AFAIK Revan is canonized thanks to certain collection [the poster brought up The Old Republic]

["The TOR version? Or some new version?"] Undefined. The thing is they are making canon concepts as nods to the fans, like the outrider in ANH:SE. I really hope the things i've heard about a TOR trilogy following the SE are true. TOR has a lot of potential.

His mask is part of Darth Driver's collection

[On how Lucasfilm looks at the TOR series] They think about the game more in a "lets cherry pick concepts from this thing for more movies" way than in a "lest give the fans more games that they love" way. I dont think bioware will be involved, sorry

Why Nobody Is Spoiling Names:

Heres the thing (perhaps the most important thing im going to tell you guys)

NOBODY is giving names because there is a ****load of names for the same character and like 6 different scripts. This was done to find moles. I've heard daisy called kira, jaina,nomi and even fawn (but that was more as an inner joke)

That is the reason some guys think the sand planet is not tatooine or the forest planet is hoth

Movie Plan (Goes Up To 2031, Provided They Keep Making One Per Year):

[On whether the TOR projects are video games or movies] Nope, movie trilogy. AFAIK the plan is this:
    VII
    Bounty hunters
    VIII
    Spinoff
    IX
    Spinoff
    TOR 1
    Spinoff
    TOR 2
    Spinoff
    TOR 3
    Spinoff
    X
    Spinoff
    XI
    Spinoff
    XII

The OT Re-Release Isn't Happening Anytime Soon (As Far As He Knows):

["Have you heard anything about a new blu-ray release for the original unaltered trilogy?"] This is the one it pains me the most to answer: no :( (there are rumors that next year just before VII but nothing 100% confirmed)

Boba Fett:

["the collector is boba fett"] Lets not talk about good old alive boba ;)

["They're gonna kill him off and have some unknown guy, that nobody sees, take his armor and helmet right?"] In the spinoff? Nope, too much of an insult to George. (He's not as hated as you might believe)

Fett spinoff is OT time

["It's Max Von Sydow isn't it????"] Its >implied

MVS is not 100% told to be Boba Fett. Is more like heavily implied as a nod to fans. Is for you to go "Blast yeah! He survived!" Or something like that

Cartoon Characters Will Not Show Up:

["Are there any allusions to characters from the prequels, Clone Wars, or Rebels?"] You mean like ahsoka or jedi aladdin? Nope.

About The Bounty-Hunter Spinoff:

They are going to keep the hype for the spinoffs low because now the focus is at VII (which will have the trailer) after VII you can expect a ****load of bounty hunters everywhere

Domhnall Gleeson:

Gleeson is kinda spoilerish

[When pressed for details] Ok, I'll just tell you it involves a flashback (yes, the flashback rumors were true)

The one even I have had trouble confirming is gleeson's role because it seems he is Palpatine in a flashback

Executive Decisions About Gender/Race And Character Type:

["Is the female Sith Lord spoiler true?"] Nope, it was a concept thrown around but the higher ups dropped the "no evil afroamericans" rule

[On why the movie has an African-American lead] Because George said so (not trolling)

The Backup Composer To John Williams:

["Do they have any "backup" plan for replacement for (getting older and older) fantastic John Williams? Also, any idea who could compose Bounty Hunter standalone?"] Michael Giacchino

Lightsaber Fightsaber:

["will we see a lot of lightsabers and Force users in the movie?"] Lightsabers yes, but more in a defensive or threatening way than in Frelling gymnastics. Not as many force users as in the PT. You will be happy if you love a combination of the meaning of the duels from the OT with a bit of the style of the PT without going space dance contest.

Luke Skywalker:

Luke is safe for the entire ST

Sorry. The deal is this, he is both obi wan and yoda, with a bit of regret. He's not a Frelling robot. Hes just...to Frelling powerful.

Hes not the main character, that'd be daisy/boyega. He's the most important one. Im not exactly sure how to explain it.

Leia Organa:

Nope, the dropped hedi leia. I men she kinda sees things and has vader nightmares, but she doesnt have a lightsaber and ****.

I know for sure there is a flashback/nightmare with carrie fishers child as leia

The Author Of The Novelization:

Nothing is 100% certain but it seems like its going to be luceno. They wanted alan dean foster to do it but it couldnt be done or so i heard.

Yoda:

[On whether or not Force Ghosts appear] Yes, specially at the end with the "oh **** i ****ed up" scene [referring to Luke]

The thing is the last scene is ghost yoda scolding luke for having ****ed up but giving him hope. What i dont know is HOW he ****s up

["That just doesn't sound right to me... Yoda scolding Luke is the very last scene of the movie? You aren't sure about certain things but know exactly which scene is the last?"] Its the last I know of, there could be another scene after that. I don't know the entire structure scene by scene just a more general idea but i've been told many times yoda was left at the end for it to be uplifting after the **** that happens inside the caslte (Han dies? Daisy falls? The superweapon is shot?) the thing is luke fails at doing something

I'm Not Sure What To Call This One:

OT fans probably will loose their **** about the casting i have been avoiding to answer.

On Whom Count Dooku Is Related To:

To Driver, he's like the ST 's revolver ocelot

Act III Is A Mystery:

You guys must understand that nobody besides JJ has the true, complete, honest to god, 3rd act. There are coworkers that swear to me on their mothers graves that gleeson is luke's lost son. I've personally seen more evidence to support hes palpatine, because in act 3 is when plagueis "awakens" to wreck **** with the not-death star

[On what Lucasfilm thinks of the leaks] To be honest, i don't think they give a Blast, act 3 is where the danger is at and not even I know what weird **** goes down there

Pip Andersen:

Generic ninja jedi, supposedly trained by luke before hiding

On The Old EU:

["Has there been any talk about Kyle Katarn becoming canon"] Nope, sorry. If it makes you feel better, I also share your pain with the de-canonization of shadows of the empire :(

The stories are thrown but they can cherry pick stuff. For example, they could make a tv series between VI and VII with thrawn as main bad guy

The New Superweapon:

Not another death star its like a planetary force harvester or some **** its installed on the planet, not floating in space.

The Opening Of The Movie:

[Some fanmade synopsis] Nope, movie starts with battle which makes boyega go all "what have i done with my life".

They are told to attack a radical and violent group, they burn them before asking questions and find no weapons. They are told to continue burning the poor *******s and boyega is like "but they are doing nothing"

[Quick summary of the first 20 minutes] Star destroyer

Important cargo so gwen is there

Feels something weird about boyega

Go to battle

"What have i done with my life"

Return

Boyega told to go to gwen because reasons

"Ive got a bad feeling about this"

Escapes with cargo (for driver)

Crashes on tatooine

Gwen gets mad as Blast

[When asked about the lightsaber-holding-hand-in-space plot thread] AFAIK, the cargo gwen is protecting contains the lightsaber, so its not a literal lightsaber floating on space.

On Flashbacks:

There are no "real" flashbacks, AFAIK one is a nightmare and the other a vision

Closing The Gap:

[On whether or not they'll make the live-action TV series after 2015] No idea, they plan to leave the 6-7 hole open until at least VIII comes out

Luke Drops The Ball:

[Fan doubts the presence of another superweapon] It was an example, i just know luke fails to do something which makes the film end almost more ****ed up than rots or esb

["Do you think that the balance of the force will require Luke to have to use the darkside at times? Or surrender to his dark side to some extent? I've heard Luke will have to face the same trials as Yoda did when he embraced his Darkside on Moraband. Luke attacked and destroyed his darkside in the cave of ESB. I feel like they must have him accept the evil. Protect it."] The thing is (this is supposed to connect with the monomyth or some ****) after rotj, luke's travel is not yet complete, he still needs to become the master of both sides so the reason he exiles himself is because hes getting to powerful. Supposedly the climax is luke trying to dominate the dark side and using it for good to sabe the day (becoming the ultimate jedi) but Frelling up in the process, which causes the next two movies

Nobody's Gay In The Galaxy Far, Far Away:

[Asked about the presence of any homosexual characters] Nope, disney wants diversity but not that much

Even If The War Didn't End With The Battle Of Endor, That Part Of The Story Still Had A Thematic Purpose:

Rotj represents the balance of power shifting towards the republic's side

Oola-nah:

[When asked about Twi'leks] Just as background characters :(

How J. J. Abrams Altered The Script:

[Responding to an accusation about J. J. Abrams trying to make the movie exclusively about the next generation] Actually Ardnt and Lucas were the ones trying to make it about the next generation, when JJ came on board he was like "Blast this ****, i'm making a movie with Frelling luke skywalker"

Episodes For The Skywalkers, Spinoffs For Everyone Else:

["why not straight up sith main characters...or dark jedis and bounty hunters."] Thats what the spinoffs are for. But the episodes are going to be about skywalkers.

Some Other Lucasfilm-Related Stuff:

No idea about IJ, i know there must be one because of HF's contract but to be honest the focus right now is star wars

[When asked where Lucasfilm is hiring outside of the United States and Britain] Where outside us? If you're in Singapore they might be high

The Real Deal:

[Pillow picture] Pic related. It was uncle George's last gift to us (and my favorite one)

[On Lucas's gifts, and when he got this stuff] Apple stuff, the christmas before he left

I think spoilerman is disinfo from bad robot, however hes got some things right. For example >>51158731 Oscar Isaac is Gavin [Darklighter] AFAIK

No concept art or script, Sorry

[Backup picture] 2nd proof i'm not bull****ting. When Episode I 3D came out, we were given these. AFAIK they are different to the ones they gave at the cinema.

[Regarding the TIE Pilot fanart] Actually that art came from the msw site. Thats why I have my doubts about Spoiler Man. Many of the things he said are right but some others not so much

VMeran, Vohnkar, Carrie1138 and 3 others like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

Using this as a "catch-all" for the internet's many random rumors is a solid plan. Once new rumors have a chance to sound slightly more verified or worked out, we can give each topic its own discussion if they happen to be something completely new and not specific to a character or whatever that already have threads.

Just, let's try to keep it from accidentally becoming "4chan" rather than just discussing content found there. If this thread turns into a toilet it will get flushed and bleached and all sorts of other toilet cleaning metaphors.

11. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    =D=

Dra--- likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I love you guys. And it's midnight. This is as close to bedlam as I get. :p

13. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    So, this thread will be the "official" thread for the unproven, unvetted, and weird stuff that gets posted on 4chan and reddit and elsewhere, then?

Dra--- likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  15. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Can someone with the time & patience please summarise the Reddit rumors of the last few days? :D

16. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Groovy.

Wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts!

Can we just please not have anyone actually link to 4chan?

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That is an excellent idea. ;)

18. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    I think Star Wars Underworld recent news might have already debunked SpoilerMan and SpoilerBro

Immortiss likes this.
  19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @thisguyisnotajedi
    not really Spoiler man said that Gleeson was Luke'son that infiltrated the Empire.;)

Welcome to hell 101 [face_devil]
    Mod edit: Links removed

Dra--- likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

21. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Yep copy & pasting would be better. Only thing is we need the questions people have asked as well as the answers.

EDIT: Just realised the problem with that is the bad language. Users would have to painstakingly star out all of the naughty words.

22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Because 4chan.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but that should have been done on the first page not the second one.:p

24. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    I'm confused about the scoundrel /Daisy love interest thing and Luke's son thing >.>

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    starocean90 : We literally just talked about not posting links to 4chan, so you... posted links to 4chan? Try again. And yes, copy / pasting content here WILL require starring out disallowed language. It's hard work, but if it's worth it, you guys can make it happen. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.