main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The "new" SAFF website

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by milney, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Hey SAFFers,

I've been tinkering with a version of wordpress called K2 that looks suitable for the SAFF site.

I've done some basic editing and added some pages, including a bad demo of the profiles section, but the site is stable and it's working.

The safanforce.info domain name appears to have expired, or at least, it's not pointing to the SAFF site anymore.

The advantage of this system is that anyone can edit it without having to know HTML. It's also built on wordpress, so it has blogging built in. I have enabled some multimedia features though, including video and audio sharing.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Beta SAFF site

btw, for anyone who remembers my announcment last year about a new SAFF site, I've implimented most of my designs into this system, but I used existing components this time.

2. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Looks good. Alot of the info is out dated and needs to be updated ASAP.

3. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Nice :) I noticed the web address wasn't pointing where it should, but I thought I mentioned that here...obviously I didn't though :oops:

Could the CR email address be updated? Also, who 'owns' the saff gmail email account?

On a technical note, was Wordpress / K2 easy to install and setup? This is the route I'm probably going to go for some 'things' I'm doing, but I don't have weeks to tinker to get it up and working. That time needs to be spent on content and, to a smaller extent, design.

4. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    I can try and update the contact info and the like to be current.

It was easy to setup, K2 acts like a theme you install inside wordpress. There are a number of features turned off by default in wordpress, such as video and podcast support, but I've enabled them on the site.

Plus, the CR or RSA or other authorised person could post content as wordpress allows multiple users to login and post :)

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_hypnotized] You want me to what?!? [face_hypnotized][face_worried]8-}

6. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Don't worry, posting content to the new site is as easy as posting here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.