main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Ragnos being the amulet Dark Lord is in the first Essential Chronology, which KJA is one of the authors of, so I suspected it was KJA's doing. I didn't know that there's a "Jedi Journals" in the back of GAOTS. It's not in the omnibus.

2. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Is it not? Curious. Various thoughts and reviews and questions from readers and then answered mostly by KJA, taken from e-mails I believe.

And the Child of Light saga really is worth a once-over, at least, for any ancient Sith nut. Some tantalising historical nuggets, there.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It is in the single issues not the TPB.

I do like the Child of Light. Lots of pre-Exile references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder which issue the Ragnos info is in.

5. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    #5. The back covers are interesting too, e.g. Ragnos being described as "the most powerful of the most powerful."

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's interesting what one can learn in the most obscure of places. I wonder what would have happened had the Disciples of Ragnos successfully revived him.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  7. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Who are these tapanis I hear about? All I get searching wookieepedia is a sector that doesn't mention any involvement with the sith in the article.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    1. Does GAOTS #5 say anything about how Ragnos returned to record the amulet message?

2. Where does the idea that Vader's the 12th or 13th Dark Lord of the Sith come from?

9. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    1. It does not. And the fan asking KJA was curious as to who the Dark Lord who marked Kun was (as it didn't enter his mind to think it was Ragnos because obviously that would have made no sense), to which KJA responds that we 'now know' Ragnos was he, even though nothing in GAotS would give that impression. I think KJA retconned Ragnos as a spirit rather than time travelling message, so I suppose Ragnos saying the chains of the grave do not hold him and that he will appear when all the forces of the dark side demand him to do so is what KJA was referring to.

2. In those dark, confusing days, fanon and canon was rather blurred. It was the intent of Veitch and KJA, originally, and the number of lightsabers held up behind Ulic Qel-Droma on the front cover of the first TOTJ and the thrones with Vader's empty one in Empire's End reference this. The idea was dropped sometime during 1995.

The humans of that Sector formed an Empire fairly significant to the history of the galaxy. This was done through the bloody Unification War of several independent kingdoms ruled by Noble Houses from 7,348 to 7,328 BBY. In the aftermath of the conflict, Shey Tapani became Emperor, the Sector and people taking his name, but the remnants of one of the defeated (and believed destroyed) Houses, Nidantha, left in an exodus, reaching the Stygian Caldera (although the fact the Atlas says Tapani arrived in Sith Space in 8,000 BBY suggests this exodus entailed a gradual influx of exiles over the course of at least 700 years).

The Tapani exiles were enslaved by the Sith, and were pretty important, introducing cordless lightsaber technology - the Tapani, while not Force users, still used lightsaber technology in the form of lightfoils. They interbred with the Dark Jedi after 6,900 BBY, resulting in several possessing Force sensitivity and achieving command positions in the Sith Empire by 5,000 BBY, such as those who would form the Lost Tribe of Sith.

On another note, Meyerm, you have chosen the path of Sith Assassin yet there are clearly too few Lords, and thus as yet no one to guide you upon the path to Mastery. Therefore, I take you as my apprentice as well, the Night Herald to my Shadow Hand.

Kneel, and search the Force for the name by which we may call you. You may choose a second name, one succeeding a Darth title, when you become a Sith Master, so you need not be too fussy. After you do so, you will be assigned your first task, that you must complete to attain prestige and hasten your ascent to Lordship.

May the Force serve you well. [face_skull]

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Apprentice!

Your response to Lord Dreadwar's task was commendable, you learn well.

I would like you to create your character. Regale us with your story. I shall strike down whatever seems too farfetched that it can only be fiction, but expect a tantalising tale. We are one hundred and sixty years after the Battle of Yavin, after all. The One Sith were finally defeated fifteen years ago, as far as the greater galaxy knows, and there are no more threats to oppose the Triumvirate of the Empire, Alliance and Jedi.

Research this era, if you know not. Our Holocrons will update you as to the information you do not have.

Inconsistencies will be punished.

Perfect continuity will be rewarded.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  12. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    So I'd like to introduce 'open tasks.' (Thanks E. L.Knight for the inspiration) These will be tasks available for any apprentice to take, and serve as prompts for Order-wide Sith discussion. Unlike traditional tasks, they are not compulsory nor are they limited to apprentices. Masters may undertake them as well; on the first open task I've come up with, for instance, I'd be particularly curious as to the response of Lords such as Darth Insipid ( Sinrebirth ). These tasks will not grant apprentices prestige, although if their Masters are pleased with their apprentices' performance, the apprentice may gain prestige at their Master's discretion.

So, first open task, which challenges the depth of a Sith's knowledge of the lore, resourcefulness and what Terrans may call 'powergaming' capacity:

Imagine you are you - a human insensitive to the Force on an isolated planet in the Unknown Regions called Earth, where a Whill's mental influences of the natives have resulted in you only knowing of the greater galaxy's history as holovids and associated fiction - but of course, thanks to the Whill's omniscience, your resultant knowledge of the galaxy is quite extensive. And imagine that you find a working spaceship with supplies, droids and goods for barter in the tombs of the Sith remnant civilisation that you knew as ancient Egypt, and go forth into the wider galaxy in the year 160 ABY.

Describe for me, in detail, how you could and would progress from mundane to a great and powerful Dark Lord of the Sith within six months of leaving Earth. Bonus points if you become the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy has ever seen. ;)

One of the better things to come out of ToR. Dressed in appropriate ancient Sith garb (although I must admit I preferred their sorcerous Nazgul appearance in The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural), out-of-the-box (killing all life in the galaxy and then killing themselves?), decent execution of the concept... I particularly liked how Brontes was beyond the usage of a lightsaber.

I'm curious as to their connection to Darths Jadus and Phobos, and of their arcane knowledge. Clearly masters of a powerful (and likely unconscious) Force drain, and they advised Vitiate for centuries, implying longevity or immortality, and displayed impressive mastery of necromancy in reviving the spirits of Styrak and Brontes.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I very much approve, Lord Dreadwar, of open discussions and topics. I reserve the right to award prestige to my apprentice if he completes he task sufficiently well.

As to the Dread Masters, we do have one who seems to passed through death, which survived the death of the others.

I must confess to having a tremendous attachment to Darth Marr. His no-nonsense response to matters is exceptional among the Sith .

14. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    An amalgamation of Marr, sans his love of war and his defeatist attitude to death, and Plagueis, with the perfectly sensible caution and paranoia of Andeddu regarding his own mortality replacing his arrogance, is the closest approximation to what I'd be if I were Sith... ahem... I meant, of course, to what I already am. ;)

15. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I must create a new character? I cannot use Zandoran Celix/Darth Hades, whom I have used for the last 10 years. Each name in my Signature is linked to info for that Character.

16. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Darth_Dreadwar
    In the meantime, would you be willing to take on @Meyerm as an apprentice? It is vital that our ranks swell with Sith Masters by the conclusion of the year.

I will take the Apprentice/peon.
    Peon Meyerm, I will give you a task to your liking after you complete the fundemntal doctine of what it is to be in the New Sith Order. Your knowledge and discussion has already elevated your prestige so.........................
    Give the pledge found on page 1 and you will join the ranks of Apprentice .

17. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Never mind Meyerm. :p Darth Typhon is your master now. It is Typhon's task that you must complete, not the one I gave.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Of course you can. But how does he make it to 160 ABY, I wonder?

19. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Well, as a Sith Spirit. Then, eventually, his grandson, Zytek, finds a way to give him his body back, which was cryogenically frozen and preserved until the transference could be completed.

I have thought out Zandorans' entire life, death, afterlife as a spirit and then return. The advantage of roleplaying a character for 10 years, I suppose.

20. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Makes me wonder how Vassago is still alive and kicking....

...ah, no it doesn't. I already figured all that out. :-B

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Shoot, Lord Vassago.

22. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Ah...a good Sith Lord doesn't reveal his secrets.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I do love a secret.

*sits on the throne*

Hades, I am pleased you have such foresight. I imagine we all have tremendous tales. All shall be revealed in time, in the Sith Imperium.

24. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Secrets are both the strength and the weakness of the Sith, no? I guess, from a certain point of view...

25. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Knowledge is power. He who holds the knowledge, holds the power. That was another reason Bane made the Rule of Two. The Master holds all the knowledge, the Apprentice seeks that knowledge. Of course, there is a flaw, and there always will be. If a Master dies before imparting all knowledge, there is the risk of that knowledge being lost forever.

This is why we make Holocrons, Journals, Temples. To safe guard the knowledge we have and to ensure, even in the face of our own destruction, someone else may find it, may learn, and the Sith will rise again. Just like we always have.

We also have time on our side. We can transcend death, if we know the proper things. We can plan for eventualities, for all manner of possibilities. With such foresight, we can always ensure the strength of the Sith is secure.

I have a suggestion on a topic. Why have most Dark Lords/Sith Lords ignored the one asset that could be created in converting the Jedi?

It seems to me, that if a Sith Lord were to go undercover among the Jedi, and slowly poison their minds, their techniques, in a manner of a few decades or longer, one could corrupt any manner of teachings.

It could be so easy. One of our own, who will be long lived, could easily outlive most other Jedi, yet as new Masters come into their on, more are promoted to Grand Master and on the Council, our own Sith could easily and slowly change how things are. Make the changes seem innocent and logical. For instance, the use of Passion. Ki-Adi-Mundi hand many wives because of his culture. The Jedi under Skywalker, have wives, lovers, the like. These examples can be used to inflame the passion among the Jedi. The Jedi, in order to grow, need children. So the Jedi themselves should have children, train them, and ensure the growth of the Order, no? A subtle tweak in philosophy names it okay to act aggressively, with passion, if family is threatened. Reward those who cross the line, teach them its okay to use abilities that were once forbidden, as long as it is for the greater good of the Order and their family.

Once anyone realizes whats happening, it would be too late. Generations could be corrupted by then, and returning the Jedi back to its roots would mean an all out extermination of the existing Order.

And there are so many other things one can do. For instance, instigate a war, or the involvement in matters that send the corrupted ones to places, to situations, where calling of dark side abilities will be the only way they survive. Eventually, those who cling to the old ways, die in one way or another, with only our Corrupted in charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.