main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Obi-Wan_Siri_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    :) Welcome to the official Obi-Wan Kenobi/Siri Tachi Archive :)

The time has come to compile an official index of stories about Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi. This pairing has been in the minority, however, it has become the pairing of canon. (According to the Official Star Wars site, in March of 2005 a book will be published, Secrets of the Jedi, in which Obi-Wan Kenobi deals with his growing attraction towards his fellow padawan, Siri Tachi.)

For a few fan fic authors this does not come as a surprise. Some had the foresight to see the potential for this relationship and have already written about the couple in fan fic. This thread is an index for those authors and any new authors who wish to contribute to the world of Siriwan. (Please note: A story about Obi-Wan and Siri doesn't have to be strictly romantic in nature. Friendship stories and stories of the two working together are also welcome.)

To submit to this Archive:
    In some cases, Siriwan stories have been found or authors have been contacted for their story links, however there may be some out there that have been missed. If you have a story to submit, please PM the information using the following format. (This archive is arranged in alphabetical order by story title.)

Title:
    Link: (not hyper-linked, just cut and paste)
    Author:
    Timeframe:
    Characters in addition to Obi-Wan and Siri: (if applicable)
    Genre:
    Summary:
    Notes: (if any)

Common Terms used in this Archive:
    AU-alternate universe
    EU- expanded universe (all of the books)
    JA-Jedi Apprentice
    JQ-Jedi Quest
    PT-episodes 1-3 the prequel trilogy
    OT-episodes 4-6 the original trilogy
    Pre-TPM- takes place before the movies
    SotJ-Secrets of the Jedi
    TPM- The Phantom Menace
    AotC- Attach of the Clones
    RotS-Revenge of the Sith
    ANH-A New Hope
    ESB-The Empire Strikes Back
    RotJ-Return of the Jedi
    IT(inter-trilogy)- between the two trilogies
    pov-point of view
    OC-original (author-originated) characters
    Vignette-a one pot story, especially a single scene
    Humor- lots of silliness and fun
    Angst-anguish, torment, fear, anxiety
    Song-fic- a story based on the lyrics of a song
    WIP- work in progress
    TF.n- TheForce.net

This thread is also meant to be a support thread for Obi-Wan and Siri writers and fans. Discussions are welcome.

somethingtostrivefor likes this.
  2. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    A-H

Title: A First Time for Everything
    Author: Master_Noi
    Timeframe: post-AotC
    Characters: Obi-Wan and Siri
    Genre: Vignette/Drama/Romance
    Summary: Obi-Wan rebels against the Council when they choose to ignore Anakin's marriage.
    Notes: Written for the Obi-Wan rebellion challenge, this story is found in the Obi-Wan Challenge story thread.

Title: A Jedi Shall Not Know Love
    Author: JediNemesis
    Timeframe: AU Saga
    Genre: Vignette/Horror
    Summary: An evil Obi-Wan has his way with Siri. Warning: This story is dark.
    Notes: This story is found in the Obi-Wan Challenge thread and was written for the evil Obi challenge.

Title: A Jedi Shall Not Know Love
    Author: red_rose_knight
    Timeframe: between TPM and AotC
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Anakin Skywalker
    Genre: Drama/Romance
    Summary: A short story on what happens when the hearts of two Jedi become conflicted.
    Notes: Winner for Best Saga Romance in the Winter 2003 Fanfic Awards

Title: A Letter to My Master
    Author: Jedikma
    Timeframe: post-AotC
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi
    Summary: Anakin writes a letter to Obi-Wan attempting to explain why he defied the Jedi Code and married Padme by appealing to Obi-Wan's feelings for a certain blonde Jedi.

Title: A New Order
    Timeframe: AU six years post the Clone Wars
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Anakin, Padme, Yoda, Mace Windu, Adi Gallia and others including OCs
    Summary: Anakin fulfilled the prophecy of the Chosen One and defeated the Sith, ending the Clone Wars, but many Jedi were lost and now the Order struggles to make changes and redefine itself. Obi-Wan and Siri deal with the drastic changes brought about in the Jedi Order.

Title: A Passing Affair
    Author: obaona
    Timeframe: post-TPM
    Characters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi
    Genre: Vignette/Romance
    Summary: Siri goes to see Obi-Wan after the events of TPM
    Notes: This story was a gift written for and coveted by Jedikma.

Title: A Quiet Afternoon
    Timeframe: AU, approximately 5 years post RotS
    Genre: Romance (One-post story)
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Siri enjoy each other's company in more ways than one.
    Notes: This story is an extension to my story A New Order in which the two end up getting married. This is part of their honeymoon.

Title: A Second Chance
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: AU, Pre-RotS
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Anakin, Yoda
    Genre: Romance/Drama/Humor
    Summary: What would happen if the spirit of Siri were to haunt Obi-Wan? Is she really dead? Will she succeed in driving Obi-Wan totally mad? Loosely based off the movie Just Like Heaven.
    Notes: WIP

Title: A Second Death
    Author: Aelan_Greenleaf
    Timeframe: AU, pre-TPM
    Genre: Romance/Angst
    Summary: A strange vignette. She thinks that he's dead. He proves her wrong. On the balcony, everything changes.

Title: A Simple Gift
    Timeframe: Between TPM and AotC
    Summary: Not much plot here, just romance. A little winter gift for all you Siriwan fans out there.

Title: About Last Night.

3. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    I-Q

Title: I Am a Jedi...And a Jedi is not to Love
    Author: KrystalBlaze
    Timeframe: JA
    Genre: Vignette/Romance/Angst
    Summary: Obi-Wan watches an injured Siri sleep.

Title: I Hate You!
    Timeframe: AU, post AotC
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, Sabe, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Bail Organa
    Genre: Vignette/Humor/Romance
    Summary: Anakin tries to play matchmaker. Or lifting the ban on the code regarding attachments results in some rather un-Jedi like behavior.

Title: I Loved You Once in Silence
    Author: SiriKenobi12
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Genre: Vignette/Angst/Romance
    Summary: Obi-Wan receives a letter from Siri during the Clone Wars

Title: I Miss You
    Author: Vongchild
    Timeframe: Inter-trilogy
    Genre: Song-fic

Title: Impulsive
    Timeframe: Between TPM and AotC
    Genre: Vignette/Drama
    Summary: I want to thank LianaMara for letting me participate in her challenge to write a fic with Obi-Wan/Siri, and a mention of a prostitute. I was inspired after reading the excellent responses by obaona and CarrKicksDoor.

Title: In His Heart: A Dream
    Author: Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: Between RotS and ANH
    Summary: Siri comes to Obi-Wan in a dream.

Title: In Love and Honor
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Timeframe: JA to Pre-RotS
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi
    Genre: Songfic/Mush/Angst
    Summary: Sometimes what we are comes between us and our heart's desire.
    Notes: Spoilers for Secrets of the Jedi. Consider yourself warned! I don't usually do songfics (I've only done one before this) but I got inspired after watching American Idol (shhh, don't tell) last night, so this is based on the song "Freebird" by the legendary Lynyrd Skynyrd. Yes, I am a daughter of the southern rock n' roll.

Title: In My Dreams
    Author: whie_dreams
    Summary: Obi-Wan dreams.
    Notes: Submitted to the Obi-Wan Dreams challenge in the Obi-Wan Challenge Stories thread.

Title: In the Shadow of Our Duty Lies...Love
    Author: ZaraValinor
    Timeframe: post-TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Anakin and Ferus
    Genre: Vignette/Romance/Angst
    Summary: Siri contemplates her relationship with Obi-Wan

Title: It Begins Now
    Author: Hananiah
    Timeframe: pre-TPM Obi-Wan is 18
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Qui-Gon
    Genre: Vignette/Tragedy/Angst
    Summary: Obi Wan's feelings straight after his decision in the room of the thousand fountains
    Notes: Beware! Spoilers for Secrets of the Jedi

Title: It's... Complicated
    Author: aabbccdd
    Timeframe: Before AOTC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, mention of Anakin
    Genre: Vignette/Romance?
    Summary: Not everybody understands the rules against attachment
    Notes: Written for the Obi-Wan challenge focused on attachment.

Title: It's Just a Kiss
    Timeframe: 4 years post-TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Anakin Skywalker, Ferus Olin
    Genre: Vignette/Romance/Humor
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Anakin rescue Siri and Ferus.
    Notes: Anakin is about 14 in this story.

Title: [link=http://boards.t

4. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    R-Z

Title: Reflections
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Mace, Yoda
    Summary: Siri Tachi and others reflect on the life of Obi Wan Kenobi and what he has meant to them as he clings to life after fighting and killing Asajj Ventress during the Clone Wars.

Title: Regrets
    Timeframe: During RotS
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Garen Muln, Siri Tachi
    Summary: The end of the Clone Wars is near; Count Dooku is dead, Obi Wan Kenobi and Garen Muln get a brief chance to catch up before they return to the front lines.

Title: Remember Me
    Timeframe: approx 5 years post TPM
    Summary: Obi-Wan gives a little gift to Siri to surprise her
    Notes: This story is found in the Obi-Wan Challenge story thread.

Title: Restless
    Author: Hananiah
    Timeframe: AU RotS
    Genre: Vignette/Drama
    Summary: Siri returns from her undercover mission with Krayn during the clone wars and finds that everything has changed.

Title: Restoring Order
    Author: Jaya Solo
    Timeframe: After Changing an Order; AU of RotS
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Anakin Skywalker, PadmÃ?Æ?Ã?© Amidala and miscellaneous other Jedi
    Genre: Siriwan, Anakin/Padme, AU, one of those all-around fics
    Summary: Reconstructing the Jedi Order and a Republic may not be as easy as it seems.
    Notes: This one is also the fault of my muse, Jaina_Solo_15. Sequel to Changing An Order.

Title: Revival
    Author: DarthMousche
    Characters: Bant, Obi-Wan, Siri
    Genre: Vignette/Humor/Mush
    Summary: Bant does a little snooping - all in the name of medicine, of course
    Notes: This was a response to a Siriwan challenge on another site.

Title: The Rising Sun
    Author: DarthMousche
    Timeframe: Post-TPM, end of RotS and post-Saga (AU)
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Darth Sidious, Siri
    Genre: Short story/Drama
    Summary: Obi-Wan finds a way to reach his new Padawan.

Title: Rescue Me
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Assajj Ventress
    Summary: Obi-Wan dreams while being held captive.
    Notes: This is a response to the Obi-Wan dreams challenge and is on the Obi-Wan Challenge Stories thread.

Title: Same Time, Same Place
    Timeframe: AU post RotJ
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker
    Summary: A quiet AU moment
    Notes: This is the first and only siriwan in the Beyond the Saga boards.

Title: Secrets of the Jedi
    Author: JediMaster_Jen
    Timeframe: AU, post-AotC, pre-RotS
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Anakin Skywalker, Padme Skywalker, others
    Summary: Anakin and Obi-Wan make a few confessions to one another that change their relationship, as well as the Jedi Order, forever.
    Notes: WIP

Title: The Shadow Sith
    Author: ProfessionalMuse
    Timeframe: pre-JA
    Characters: Siri and Obi-Wan
    Genre: Vignette/Humor
    Summary: When a padawan tells a group of younglings a ghost story, six-year-old Siri Tachi refuses to be frightened.
    Notes: This story is found in the TF.n archives.

Title: S

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :eek: You know, I never realized there were so many Obi/Siri stories before. :p And there's a few in here I haven't read! :D Woohoo! :D Thanks, kma. ;)

6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    To start there are 48 stories already listed in the index. Happily the majority of the stories are complete, too.

:)

I certainly hope people will be inspired to write more Siriwan. :D ;)

7. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Already a new Siriwan added to the archives. "You Had Me At Hello" by JediMaster_Jen. :)

8. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Oh wow. Some of my fics are on here! Now how did that happen?

9. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    I have one fic in there... how wonderful :)

anyways, when i'm on break from school (as I am now) i have a tendency to stay up late and work on my fan fic. word has been running in the background for the past two hours, but i've barely gotten two or three words written... I've spent the past two or three hours or so rifling through the stories posted here. This is really a great index you've assembled here, Jedikma.

Obaona's Forbidden/He Kissed My Ankle/Falling off the World/He Made my Bed fourset is of those i've read tonight my favorites.

One Last Sunset was very sad

Some of my old favorites like There is a Force and I Hate You! are also in here...

10. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  11. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  12. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    i wanna discuss the dynamic between Obi/Siri and Anakin- specifically CW-era Anakin

If Obi-Wan and Siri were to get involved, how do you think Anakin will respond to that? How do you think Anakin and Siri will respond to each other?

I'm really unsure about this. Part of me thinks that Anakin would feel relieved, knowing that he's not the only one violating the Code.

But its also possible that Anakin would get pretty upset about it, because over the years Obi-Wan has always hammered the code into him and now Obi-Wan is violating it himself...

I've just had this on my mind for a while, so I thought about mentioning it here

13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I think Anakin would be angry first and foremost. Like you said, Obi-Wan has spent years drilling into Anakin the importance of the Code. Follow the Code at any cost.

Second, I think Anakin would be shocked that his straight-laced Master would violate the Code by falling in love.

Edit: I think Anakin and Siri would respond well to one another. Perhaps once he got past his anger and shock, he'd be happy for Obi-Wan and Siri.

14. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    JM_J- I think Anakin and Siri would respond well to one another. Perhaps once he got past his anger and shock, he'd be happy for Obi-Wan and Siri.

Hmmm... I wonder though... given that by this time there's already so much baggage between Obi-Wan and Anakin, I wonder if this conflict concerning Obi-Wan and Siri's relationship will bring them closer to the boiling point that ultimately sends them to that duel over the lava pit...

But there's also a possibility that this might draw Obi-Wan and Anakin closer. If Obi-Wan does fall in love with Siri, Anakin might feel more comfortable being honest with Obi-Wan about his secret marriage w/ Padme. I imagine that this would put them into a 'i wont tell if you wont tell' mindframe concerning the Council and would ultimately strengthen their bond (possibly pull Anakin away from the lure of the darkside?)

anyways, there's a lot of different possibilities for that scenario, but I've been working out my interpretation of it for my latest fic... the scene isn't done yet, but when it is, I'll give you guys a peek at it...

15. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Hi Vivid,

First of all, Thank you for your compliments. I'm happy you like the index and are using it. I knew there had to be other Obi-Wan/Siri fans out there besides me that wanted to know where to find some good stories. ;)

As for your questions.. I saw them in the Siri Tachi discussion thread and had intended to bring them over here to answer them. I'm glad you did bring them over. I will try to answer what I think from my point of view. :)

i wanna discuss the dynamic between Obi/Siri and Anakin- specifically CW-era Anakin

If Obi-Wan and Siri were to get involved, how do you think Anakin will respond to that? How do you think Anakin and Siri will respond to each other?

I'm really unsure about this. Part of me thinks that Anakin would feel relieved, knowing that he's not the only one violating the Code.

But its also possible that Anakin would get pretty upset about it, because over the years Obi-Wan has always hammered the code into him and now Obi-Wan is violating it himself...

Stirctly speaking, I don't think Obi-Wan and Siri would get involved in a way that would break the Jedi Code, even in the face of the Jedi destruction, unless it was after the purge and they were still left. They are just "too" Jedi. What I would think would more likely happen is that Anakin would realize they do have deep feelings for each other and feel they are foolish not to follow them as he has. This might make Anakin more angry because his Master is a 'stronger' person.

If Obi-Wan and Siri did get involved, Anakin may be reileved then he would know his Master wasn't so perfect. He might even see that Obi-Wan's push to drill the Code into him was out of his own frustration of the Code. (But I don't know if Anakin has that kind of maturity.)

Anakin and Siri do like and respect each other. I don't see that changing in the face of a relationship between Obi-Wan and Siri. Anakin could even be sympathetic towards Siri knowing she has fallen in love with a man so strict to the adherance of the Code.

Your "I wont tell if you won't tell" mindframe idea could be a hell of a plot bunny. ;) Your idea that Anakin and Obi-Wan might form a stronger bond and that it might keep Anakin from falling to the dark side is an interesting and plausable one if Obi-Wan and Siri were to become involved. I for one would love to see it. :D

16. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Stirctly speaking, I don't think Obi-Wan and Siri would get involved in a way that would break the Jedi Code, even in the face of the Jedi destruction, unless it was after the purge and they were still left. They are just "too" Jedi.

Yeah, in a strictly cannon sense that is true, but in the new fic I'm writing, I've been trying to explore how the hopelessness and the devastation of the CW would effect the Jedi Psyche. I mean after seeing so many of their brethren fall in battle, would the suriving Jedi (Obi/Siri) begin to have real doubts with the code?

What I would think would more likely happen is that Anakin would realize they do have deep feelings for each other and feel they are foolish not to follow them as he has. This might make Anakin more angry because his Master is a 'stronger' person.

Very true, especially if Anakin begins to feel burdened or encumbered by his relationship with Padme.

He might even see that Obi-Wan's push to drill the Code into him was out of his own frustration of the Code. (But I don't know if Anakin has that kind of maturity.)

That is a very, very good point! I love that idea- Anakin realizing that Obi-Wan has his own frustrations with the code. I'm going to use that (if its OK with you, of course)

Anakin and Siri do like and respect each other. I don't see that changing in the face of a relationship between Obi-Wan and Siri. Anakin could even be sympathetic towards Siri knowing she has fallen in love with a man so strict to the adherance of the Code.

I had an idea for a confrontation between Anakin and Obi-Wan with Siri trying to moderate them, but I found that Siri's presence just hampered the drama of what is (supposed to be) a major fallout between Anakin and Obi-Wan. As you can tell, there's already lots of baggage between Obi-Wan and Anakin and Anakin is already struggling with a whole lot of othere problems when the whole Obi/Siri thing falls in his lap, so... [face_beatup]

Your "I wont tell if you won't tell" mindframe idea could be a hell of a plot bunny. Your idea that Anakin and Obi-Wan might form a stronger bond and that it might keep Anakin from falling to the dark side is an interesting and plausable one if Obi-Wan and Siri were to become involved. I for one would love to see it.

Hehe. The opposite to "I wond tell if you won't tell" is "if you tell, i'll tell"- main difference is that the latter is a bit less comradery and a lot more blackmail ;)
    both would be intresting, but my fic is actually different from both.

17. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    That is a very, very good point! I love that idea- Anakin realizing that Obi-Wan has his own frustrations with the code. I'm going to use that (if its OK with you, of course)

Absolutely, by all means use it! :D Part of the reason I wanted to make this a discussion thread along with the index is to help get beyond questions like yours that may cause a barrier in the writing. So many times I get a plot bunny, but have trouble fleshing it out because I can't get beyond one or two questions of how a character will handle something. A different view can always be helpful. ;)

While your story is AU and could theoretically be played any way you want it to, it is also important to have continuity.

I had an idea for a confrontation between Anakin and Obi-Wan with Siri trying to moderate them, but I found that Siri's presence just hampered the drama of what is (supposed to be) a major fallout between Anakin and Obi-Wan. As you can tell, there's already lots of baggage between Obi-Wan and Anakin and Anakin is already struggling with a whole lot of othere problems when the whole Obi/Siri thing falls in his lap, so...

I can see where Siri's presence would hamper the situation. I can see Anakin having all kinds of issues with Obi-Wan, but since Siri has been less a teacher to him and more a friend, I just think Anakin is not going to respond too harshly to her. In fact, I think Siri might be one to try to smoothe Obi-Wan's feathers after his confrontation with Anakin. Just a thought.

Hehe. The opposite to "I wond tell if you won't tell" is "if you tell, i'll tell"- main difference is that the latter is a bit less comradery and a lot more blackmail
    both would be intresting, but my fic is actually different from both.

Oh interesting...and of course we will add it to the index when the time comes. :)

I'm glad you found some of what I said helpful. :)

18. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    alright, here's something else that I think deserves discussion...

Is Mara Jade the daughter of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

To be honest, I know nothing about Mara Jade's character. I've read one or two fics with her in it, but otherwise, I haven't read any EU books with Mara Jade, all I know is that she was a hand of the Emperor, is a Force Adept (Sith apprentice? Did she officially become a Jedi?) married Luke and they later on had one (?) son (Ben Skywalker, if i'm not mistaken...)

I have read a few fics which speculate that Mara Jade is the product of an Obi/Siri or Obi/OC affair, so I'm wondering, just how much stock does this theory have? Have any cannon sources/stories revealed Mara's true lineage? If not, do you think that the cannonverse might actually reveal/verify this theory with later books (Secrets of the Jedi? :eek:)?

19. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Mara's lineage has not been revealed. Palpatine kept no records of who her family was.

It's fan fic that has Obi-Wan as her father. Personally, I like the idea, but I don't put much stock in it being canonized. If it ever was to become part of the canon I don't think Siri would be her mother. It would be an OC I would imagine. Maybe the new post-NJO book series coming out next year will explore her origins.

Yes, Mara did become a Jedi. She completed her training before (I think) she and Luke were married.

20. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Is Mara Jade the daughter of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

I also don't know much about Mara, but I asked a friend who writes her and she also said that Mara's past has not been revealed. (She also suggested that if Obi-Wan were her father that there would be more hints of it by now in the EU.)

I have read a few fics which speculate that Mara Jade is the product of an Obi/Siri or Obi/OC affair, so I'm wondering, just how much stock does this theory have? Have any cannon sources/stories revealed Mara's true lineage? If not, do you think that the cannonverse might actually reveal/verify this theory with later books (Secrets of the Jedi?)?

I think Mara being Obi-Wan's daughter is purely fan fic speculation. I personally don't care for the idea. Sometimes there can be too many connections between the old trilogy and the prequel trilogy. I just don't see Obi-Wan as careless enough to have a child, by anyone, not know it and losing her to the hands of the Emperor. And if he did know it, he would certainly try to get her away from the Emperor.

On the idea that Mara would be Obi-Wan and Siri's child, I have a feeling Siri does not live to the end of the Clone Wars. Mara is supposedly two years younger than Luke, which would make it impossible for Siri to be her mother. (It also puts Obi-Wan on Tatooine, in hiding, watching over Luke at the time of her conception.)

21. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Yeah, JM_J- I've been thinking about that idea, tossing it back and forth in my head, and I've been starting to like it myself, however I do see Jedikma's point in saying that it's one too many connections between PT and OT, but still... I was thought it was kinda cool when I found out that Anakin actually built 3PO.

And yes, I myself am doubtful that it will be revealed cannon, but I think its a semi-decent Fan Fic plot bunny.

anyways, I've been working on something that I wanted to show both of you. No, this isn't the scene that I refered to in the above posts (been working on that one, having a hard time writing the Anakin/O-W fallout) but I have had this scene done for a week or so. It's still unbeta'd, but i've been quite anxious to show it to someone

I present a piece of the Starfall...

?I have routed you yet again, Master Kenobi.? Siri grinned deviously. The deep hum of her training ?coldsaber? fell silent with a snap hiss. She clipped the saber to her belt before letting her hair down.

?I don?t think I?ve ever told you this, but I like it that you?ve grown your hair long,? Obi-Wan commented. Obi-Wan watched as Siri shook her hair loose in a dizzying display of blonde color. Siri?s hair had once been shoulder-length, but over the years of the war, she cut her hair less frequently and allowed it to grow. Now, it stretched to just below her shoulder blades and threatened to reach the small of her back.

?You think it?s more attractive?? Siri asked as she swept her hair back.

Obi-Wan?s cheeks darkened slightly as he let loose an ear-to-ear grin. Siri grinned back with a chuckle. Deep down inside, the two were far beyond friends, yet the restrictions of the Jedi Code had stifled what would have otherwise been a strong, flourishing relationship. Still, the two Jedi Masters played their back and forth games, subtly pushing the envelope with off-hand flirtatious comments and suggestions, but after more than twenty years of these jests, neither had ever made a real move.

?We?re getting old, Obi-Wan,? Siri said as she took a seat on the bench.

?Forty, almost forty-one? oh yes, we?re getting up there,? Obi-Wan replied as he took a seat next to her. ?But don?t worry, Siri. Every time I start to feel old, I just think about Master Yoda. I?ve gotten over my fear of the future.?

??When eight hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not?,? Siri mimicked the ancient Master. Obi-Wan broke down laughing. ?But we are getting old,? Siri continued. ?I remember when we were Padawans we used to go at it all day and all night. Now, we?ve been training for only five hours, I already feel exhausted??

?Yeah, well, we also always used to bicker and get on each other?s nerves.?

?Obi-Wan.? Siri stared at him. ?I don?t think that?s changed at all.?

?I personally think our bickering has evolved to bantering and flirting.?

?Yes?? Siri?s eyebrow flared as her tone hushed to a superficially cool, falsely threatening tone. ?Just be aware that you flirt with danger, Kenobi. I?ve demolished you with my special technique.?

?Special technique?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Yes,? the playfulness in Siri?s voice melted away for a moment. ?I?ve been training with Master Windu in my spare time. He?s taught me some new moves to better fight the Sith.?

Obi-Wan grinned deviously. ?The only special technique I?ve seen in this entire training session is the way I kept letting you win.?

?So, you want to go at it again, Kenobi?? Siri asked as she rose to her feet. Obi-Wan followed her to the sparring circle. ?Don?t you ever get tired of being beat by a girl??

Obi-Wan smiled. Siri smiled back. Both coldsabers hissed to life.

The hum of the two coldsabers, which was several octaves deeper than that of the standard lightsaber, echoed through the training room as the two masters clashed against each other. For several minutes, the fight was balanced, with each master taking minor gains and losses. The dance of light continued on at a moderate pace until Obi-Wan decided to up the

22. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    anyone still here?

23. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Vivid_Scripts~I think it's a great concept--you're right, it is a terrific plot bunny.

Was it a bit out of character for Obi-Wan to just pour his heart out like that?

Maybe a little. Obi-Wan is reserved in his demeanor. He's not a very demonstrative person so perhaps he wouldn't just blurt it out in that manner.

Did Siri seem too receptive to his proposal?

I'm kind of torn on this one. Despite her feelings for Obi-Wan, I think she'd be reserved in her response to his advances. She's probably used to him being the calm, centered, reserved, Code-bound Jedi--his forward actions, the way he just suddenly blurts out his feelings would throw her off balance.

I liked that they both looked around after they kissed to make sure they hadn't been seen. That was very in character I think for both of them. They'd want to make sure there weren't any witnesses to their transgressions. Other than what I mentioned in response to your two questions about characterization, I don't think you should change anything--and you don't have to change that. It is after all a fanfic.

24. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    I really enjoyed the scene Vivid and look forward to the rest of the story.

I think JediMaster_Jen made some good points and I would agree with her. However, I am also torn about Siri's reaction because sometimes I do see her as being the one more likely to bend the rules. Then again as Jen said, his sudden blurting could throw her off balance. I could see it playing either way. :)

25. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.