main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    :) *Bows* ok, i will ... thankyou for the advice.

2. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    The last question asked was who would you cast as Siri? I haven't said anything myself because I am really bad with those kinds of questions. I'm not too familiar with a lot of the young actresses, either. But if anyone has any ideas, they are certainly welcome to comment.

lol, I Dont remember if I was around when that question was asked (or if I answered) but my pick is Jennifer Garner...

really intresting question, that one.

3. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    lol, I Dont remember if I was around when that question was asked (or if I answered) but my pick is Jennifer Garner...

really intresting question, that one.

Ohh! I like that one. And she certainly has the experience necessary to pull all sorts of action shots off. It's even better that she would be able to do her own stunts.

4. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    hmmmm who would I cast as Siri...? [face_thinking]
    It is hard to say because Siri is Siri ,and i dont think any actress could measure up to our standards..lol
    but i guess maybe.. Jenna Elfman.. she isnt too well known, but I saw her in a movie called Keeping the Faith a while ago. She had such a independent, witty attitude about her like Siri.. she is really the only person i know that came to mind as Siri-ish..

5. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Obi-Wan_Siri_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    Since this thread is labeled as a discussion thread, maybe it?s about time to have one. :D And since this is a pairing index the most logical first discussion perhaps should be:

Why do you think Obi-Wan and Siri make a great pairing?

As we all have seen, Obi-Wan has been paired with a number of different characters, but obviously, in this thread, we are going to find a number of staunch siriwan fans, so share with us what you like about this pairing. (Please note: This is not an opportunity to flame any other Obi-Wan pairings, although you may feel strongly opposed to some of them. This is meant to be a friendly discussion showcasing Obi-Wan with Siri. Furthermore there are a few authors on these boards who write siriwan along with other Obi-Wan pairings so be mindful of their feelings.)

Final note: If anyone has any future discussion ideas, please pm the index with them. This way maybe we can avoid having any overlapping discussions. Thanks! :)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I think they are a good match for a few reasons.

1) They are both Jedi first and foremost.

2) Both understand the meaning of sacrifice.

3) They understand each other on a very deep level and can appreciate the other's little quirks.

4) I think both of them know they will not "betray" the Code, but they also acknowledge that there is "something" between them.

I would like to see their relationship explored in the EU beyond the JA books. THAT would be interesting!

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I like the pairing because they are both Jedi devoted to the Code. That allows for there to be something between them that is never quite realized which allows for lots of great tension.

8. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    1: They are both dedicated to the Jedi order
    2: They annoy the heck out of each other
    3: She told Obi Wan how she felt and the temple after 7 and he reacted to that (he was hurt)
    8: He confides in Siri to an extent
    9: the rivalry continues into adulthood

9. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    1) both perfectly devoted to the Jedi Order
    2) opposites attract
    3) they grew up together
    4) they can know what the other's feelings are with just a look, no words spoken...
    5) the lines in their relationship kind of blur, friends but soo much more..but attachment is forbidden*sighs*
    6) still rivals into adulthood*tsktsk*[face_shame_on_you]hehe
    7) DUH! she can get under his skin like no one else can, well except maybe Anankin.. maybe.. lol
    WOW now I wish I was SIRI!!! [face_love] ;)

10. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Honestly? The primary reason for me is that they respect each other and what they are. They are Jedi first, foremost. That is something I think they don't lose sight of, and I think - well, I think if Obi-Wan ever even began to develop feelings for someone who wasn't a Jedi, he'd try to totally purge himself of the feeling, because the temptation is even more strongly there, because at least one side of it would be (theoretically) willing. Whereas Siri won't place that kind of pressure (or pain) on him, I don't think. Which just makes it all the more believable to me, that he could feel love for her, allow himself to feel it, and yet, not act on it. (Not that it can't be written believably ... just saying. Anyway.)

For me that's a very interesting dynamic. :) And an important one, because from what we see of Obi-Wan in the films, he is, in a sense, an icon of what the Jedi are supposed to be. (Certainly in the original films, he is, sacrificing it all in the cause of the goal, which to me is ultimately very Jedi-like.) So there's this question in my head, who could Obi-Wan ever fall in love with, with that kind of intense devotion to the Jedi and their beliefs?

And, of course ;) , there's that she's a complement to him in many ways, from being rule-bound when he was not, to loosening him up as an adult, when he becomes too bound up in obeying the rules, instead of going with the Living Force, with common sense, whatever.

Wow, that was longer than I thought it'd be. :p

11. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I think what I like best about the Siri/Obi-Wan relationship is that they have two very different personalities. Obi-Wan is patient: Siri is impetuous. Siri is brash: Obi-Wan is more reserved. Obi-Wan is sarcastic: Siri is more straight-forward. And both can give as good as they get when one is getting on the other's nerves. They aren't afraid of each other. They are comfortable when they are together. I like that sort of ease that seems to be naturally generated when they are close. I also like the fact that they are both very dedicated to the Jedi Order. It shows that they can see beyond themselves. The greatest love is the self-sacrificing love.

12. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Hello everyone. I am glad to find other Obi-Wan and Siri fans in the Star Wars universe.

I was very pleased to hear that Jude Watson was writing a book that addresses Obi-Wan?s feelings for Siri. I was hoping they would get together. It makes a relationship interesting when the two characters can?t stand each other and then grow to love one another.

In the ?real? Star Wars universe, I would say Obi-Wan and Siri would not break the code but I have written many fanfics (that I?m trying to post on the internet) that explore their feelings for one another.

I think a deep relationship could happen between them. With the war and so many deaths and losses, a person has to have someone to connect to, draw their strength from. I think Siri could provide that to Obi-Wan, and vise versa.

I?m actually nervous about this upcoming book because I think I know the ending and I don?t want what I think is going to happen to happen. Hopefully it won?t.

As for an actress for Siri. I am convinced, and even more so after seeing a picture from the 'Secrets of the Jedi' book, that the actress should be Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Compare:
    Siri Tachi: http://www.geocities.com/sirikenobi/Siripic4.html?1097364758295

Sarah Michelle Gellar:
    http://www.shop-engel.de/bilder/2005/Sarah_Michelle_Gellar_Gellar_Sarah_Michelle_Bild_25_Foto_Hochglanz_.jpg

http://www.myvideostore.com/content/people/pics/sarah_michelle_gellar.jpg

http://www.shop-engel.de/bilder/2005/Sarah_Michelle_Gellar_Gellar_Sarah_Michelle_Bild_63_Foto_Hochglanz_k.jpg

http://www.shop-engel.de/bilder/2005/Sarah_Michelle_Gellar_Gellar_Sarah_Michelle_Bild_24_Foto_Hochglanz_k.jpg

http://www.askmen.com/imagesvote/nov00/vampires_babes/sarah_michelle_gellar.jpg

EDIT: Please only link to stories hosted here on the JC forms. - Herman

13. PadmeBeth

PadmeBeth Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2002
    Jennifer Garner? I just don't see it. At all. I have always felt like it should be SMG (Sarah Michelle Gellar). She has the looks and the attitude.

14. Jedi-Siri

May 22, 2004

Cool, someone who agrees with me. :)

I do think Sarah really looks like Siri. And from watching Buffy we can see she has the additude and the moves to play a Jedi.

15. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Ever since seeing the cover of Secrets of the Jedi I've been wondering who the picture of the older Siri was based on. Does anybody know?

16. Jedi-Siri

May 22, 2004

No idea. They probably took the younger pictures of her and aged them a bit. On TFN's book review of 'The Fight for the Truth' they make a comment about who they seemed to have based her looks off of:

"I've got to add that the cover to this one was very well done. Very eye catching. Nielsen has done another incredible piece of work. And is that Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) standing in for Siri? :)"

I think it is her, and that is why I am such a supporter of SMG being Siri.

17. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Well I haven't been able to find any information on the model for Siri but I did find a bit about the model for Obi-Wan on the covers of the Jedi Apprentice series. Check it out. Interesting stuff if you haven't read it already ;) Apparently the kid wasn't a professional model at all, just someone the artist (Cliff Nielson) knew. But he does look remarkably like a young Ewan McGreggor.

18. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    Important reminder about this index.

Please don't post links to your stories in this thread, (it is considered advertising and against the rules and it is rude) you should pm the index if you have a story to put into this index using the format in the first post.

Also, this index is for stories that are posted on TheForce.net only.

19. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I know plenty of people who were disappointed by the cover of the upcoming book, Secrets of the Jedi, mainly because Siri looked so much like SMG. It would have been better if they had found a model that didn?t closely resemble any actress in particular, in my opinion. As for SMG actually taking on the role, I don?t see it. I can?t get past her high school cheerleader looks. Also, I think the actress should be older and perhaps closer to Ewan?s age. Which brings up another good point, any actress chosen would have to have a great on-screen chemistry with Ewan. I think it would be best, and in the Star Wars tradition, to go with someone who is little known and possibly someone who is not American.

As for why I think Obi-Wan and Siri make a great pairing, I have to agree with most everyone else. :) They are both devoted Jedi fighting an attraction that they are not allowed to have. The constant bickering and bantering between them is just their way of dealing with this attraction, but it inspires interesting situations between them. As a writer of the pairing, I enjoy the dynamic they create together and they are a lot of fun to write.

[face_love]

20. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    As for SMG actually taking on the role, I don?t see it. I can?t get past her high school cheerleader looks.

Aye, I agree. JGarner just came to my mind because she's pretty good at doing action and is a tough actress, and yes, despite the similarities between the Book Cover and SMG, I still like Garner better.

As for the discussion question, i feel like everything to be said has already been said. Siri and Obi-Wan just fit, because they are foils in so many ways, but there are still so many things which anchor them to each other. They have a real deep history and a powerful dynamic that's real fun to write.

21. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I'm actually disappointed that Siri hasn't been in any of the prequel books. I really would love to see her character more fully explored in a novel. But I wonder how she would fit into the bigger scheme of things in the Star Wars universe.

22. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  23. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    =D= Congratulations Vivid_Scripts! You certainly deserve it! =D=

24. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks, Jedikma, Zebra3. I didn't expect to win, lol

25. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    WOOOOTTT WOOOTT !! goooo Vivid! ya you totally deserved that one !! that was such a wonderful story!! great job!!! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.