main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I think Charlize Theron (I think I'm spellinger her name right) would be a wonderful Siri. She's pretty versitile actress and could play Siri's bite as well as be emotional with Obi-Wan.

2. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I agree with Jedikma about SMG not suiting Siri.. I mean ya they look alike, but she is pretty, whats the word, slayer-ish.. i don't see her being a jedi at times.. and the fact that she is soo well known doesnt sit well with me either.. I will give her that sort of rebelious, witty Siri attitude though...

3. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    I could see Charlize Theron being Siri

4. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Obi-Wan_Siri_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    [face_love] Happy Valentine's Day [face_love]

There are two new stories added:

Questions, by Master_Noi

and

Slide, by obaona

Also the book Secrets of the Jedi is now available in some bookstores. Siriwan is now officially canon!!!! [face_love]

somethingtostrivefor likes this.
  5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Siriwan is now officially canon!!!!

I beg to disagree. George Lucas, the Great Flanneled One, states that the only thing that is canon are his movies. JW's books are not canon. [face_shame_on_you]

And yes I know that includes Xan. :p

6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

How long have you been lurking, o_e!!!???

Ummm even though you protest, does this mean you just might like siriwan, perhaps just a little? :p

I beg to disagree. George Lucas, the Great Flanneled One, states that the only thing that is canon are his movies.

Fine, I'll accept that and according to the movies Obi-Wan never had a love. Second best thing, which can now be found in print in the bookstores is Obi-Wan and Siri had a relationship. :D

JW's books are not canon.

And I notice, when it comes to Jude Watson, it seems we all take what we want and leave what we want. For example, Xan never died...isn't that what you told me? :p

7. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

The books ARE canon. There are levels of canon, with the movies at the highest level. Everything in the books is officially canon, unless contradicted by a higher level of canon.

In which movies does it state that Obi-Wan never had a love? The only SW movie that I haven't seen is Ep. III, and Obi-Wan's love life has never been mentioned in any of the other 5.

8. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    jeditachi

Sorry, poor wording on my part and it wouldn't be the first time. :D

The movies never mention that Obi-Wan had a love or didn't have a love. (Although I've always thought that when Obi-Wan tells Anakin, "You've made a commitment to the Jedi Order, a commitment not easily broken", that he is speaking from experience. ;) ) Therefore the books don't contradict the movie version.

And don't mind o_e, she just likes to give me trouble. ;)

Also, welcome to the index. Hope you find some fics you enjoy. :)

9. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    never mind :)

10. jeditachi

Feb 9, 2005

Thank you, Jedikma!

This index is great! I'm going to enjoy reading the stories. I've just read Secrets of the Jedi and now looking for more Obi/Siri to read.

11. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    Zebra3

I know a number of people who haven't had a chance to read the book yet and discussing it here would spoil it for them. There is a discussion thread in Literature here where the book is being discussed.

That really is the proper forum for the discussion of the book. Thanks.

12. jeditachi

Feb 9, 2005

Sorry, book discussion deleted.

13. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    Thanks jeditachi. I just don't want anyone to get upset if they read anything about it here, but anyone who wants to follow the link above is welcome. :)

However, you can mention the book cover. The actual book cover does look different than the one at the Star Wars site and I agree I like the actual book cover better. I didn't like that the other one looked like SMG.

14. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    sorry for the slip up. Soon as I posted the above I was wondering if I shouldn't have. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's appropriate (and when ;) )to discuss in a characterization thread.

15. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    :D
    PRETTY MUCH MY MOOD NOW!! YAY !! i am hearing sooo much about this book i am getting sooo excitied!! HEHEE!! I am making myself make time to go and get it tommorow! if they don't have it ..... lets not think of that! IT does live up to our standards right? [face_plain]Just want yes or no... Spoiler free thats me!! lol

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Before the day ends:

Happy Valentine's Day to Obi-Wan & Siri!

May you not be hindered by the Code, so that you may properly celebrate tonight.

Oh, how strong the love is between them...crap, I can't do this. I tried to be mushy to annoy OE, but I just don't have it in me right now. :p

But they better have some wee whacky woohoo going on tonight. [face_love] [face_mischief]

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
  18. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Oh, hush oe. :p

But they better have some wee whacky woohoo going on tonight.

[face_love]

19. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    I should have rewritten my story where they get matching markings on their backsides ;) That would have been just right for Valentine's Day.

They had some wee whacky woohoo going on that night. [face_love]

20. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    But they better have some wee whacky woohoo going on tonight.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

21. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh, look. I'm amusing people in the Sirwan thread!

The influence is spreading... [face_skull]

22. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Now, now oe - you can't come in here and then be sick. 8-}

23. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Has anyone read Secrets of the Jedi but Jude Watson. I was pretty disappointed in it. I'm not quite sure that it was a good idea to let a children's book cover that love story. It occassional touched but on the whole it was incredibly empty.

24. agentj

agentj Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 3, 2004
    I generally wait for my library to carry the books. Sometimes that's a long, long time....

Anyway, I was looking at the index of stories on the first page, and I didn't really see a story I would specifically like to see. I'm sure it's out there. It would be an AU, of course. Here's the plot bunny:

Siri Tachi has survived the Clone Wars. She makes it just in time to the Jedi Temple to see the destruction left in the wake of former Jedi Anakin Skywalker. Joining Obi-Wan and Yoda on their quest to protect Anakin's children, something goes horribly wrong, leaving Siri and Obi-Wan the last of the Jedi.

That's the story. Basically, there's no Luke and Leia. There's no hope for the future. Unless...well, nudge nudge, wink wink! Anybody got anything like that?

25. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    Once again, I ask that you do not discuss the book in this index. agentj is not the only patron in this index that hasn't read the book. Others are waiting for their libraries or bookstores to get the books in and I even know a person who lives half way around the world that is still waiting for it to be shipped to her.

There is a discussion thread for the book in the Literature Forum. Maybe in about a month we can discuss the book here, but for now it is too soon.

Thank you :)

agentj There are stories where Siri survives the Clone Wars but nothing like you have mentioned where there is no Luke and Leia. You could write the story yourself. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.