main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Actually, i'm waiting to read ur next SiriWan story [face_batting][face_whistling][face_laugh]

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, is that a challenge? Well, the big sequel to WTTH is still in process, but perhaps a shorter one - want to help out with a plot bunny? ;)

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Jango Fett, Dooku, Siri, Obi [face_mischief] I am working on that.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    First a short Siri-Wan fic

White sunshine

With a little bit of Satine but Siri is Obi's great love

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    And months later i see this :oops:[face_blush] but sure, anytime! :)

Earlybird-obi-wan: that was cute [face_laugh]=D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The sequel (sort of but taking 81 years later) of Aaquilin and Darrin is a big SiriWan

Tetrahedron

7. Taraisilwen

Taraisilwen Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2010
    Hi everybody:)

Is this thread still active?
    I'm looking for a story and I didn't know where else to go...

It's a siriwan, where Obi-Wan and Siri talk after the Council has accepted Anakins marriage. Or at least something like that...
    Does anyone know the story I'm talking about and where I can find it again?

Would appreciate it a lot if you could point me in the right drection! :)
    Thank you

~Silwen

8. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Hi, Taraisilwen! It's great to see a new Obi/Siri fan on the Boards.

I don't recognize the story, but there's an official looking for fics thread, which would probably be of use to you. [face_peace]

9. Taraisilwen

Taraisilwen Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2010
    I'm so glad I'm not the only fan of the O/S pairing <3

Thank you very much! :)
    I didn't know about that thread but I'll defiently check it out.

10. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Well I read the latest Karen Miller Clone War era novels and suprise! Obi-Wan has yet another passionate ex love interest. A Jedi who also grew up with Obi-Wan in the temple, Taria I believe. They even came out and said that they were ex-lovers! So we now have Siri, Satine and Taria. Anyone else think this getting to be a bit much? Is this because in his late teens early 20's his hormones were running wild? Now I personally think you should only be allowed one real love and for me that should be Siri- the other two can be 'love the one your with' type of deals. Whats your feelings on the matter? Does anyone else think Satine is just a little too much like Padame?

11. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010

I completely agree with you. Plus I really don't buy the whole Satine love affair. He would have left the order for her, but not Siri? [face_shame_on_you] I don't think so. Yes it is a little to much.:oops:
    What is the title of the novel?

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Gambit, or Stealth - I think the order is reversed, though.

Ah, yes. Taria Damsin: but he never was "in love" with her - just "loved" her. That's what he told an angry Anakin, anyway.

Taria "seems" to be KM's version of "Siri" a/k/a childhood love - at least she's not blonde or named something starting with "S." The way it was presented actually makes me wonder what her thoughts were on the backstory: they "came together for a short while when they needed each other" more or less the wording used in the book.

Post-Qui's death while facing the responsibility of the Chosen One, needing some personal attention? For Obi-Wan, maybe, but Taria's "need"?

(I've an unpublished, unfinished old story that had one of Padme's handmaidens "comforting" Obi the night of Qui's death and his need for warmth and understanding leads to intimacy. I'm not sure how that would be received or how in character that would be.)

Satine - very fiery like Siri, very devoted to her cause of peace.

With Siri, Obi-Wan would have to leave the Order WITH Siri; Satine, FOR her. I could, sort of, see a year or two post-Siri with Obi-Wan having grown & matured (I THINK Siri was supposed to be 16 or so when they fell in love?) and meeting a woman rather than girl who was a lot like his first love and thinking of making a different decision.

It also wouldn't be two half-young man/woman, half adult man/woman leaving the only life they knew to create a new one, but a grown man leaving the life he knew to share another's life.

So while I can see it as a possibility - my theory is that Satine & Obi-Wan were "distracting" Merrick by vocalizing old regrets and memories of what they might have done.

Satine noticeably glances sideways and Obi-Wan pauses, then goes, "Oh, yes" in a reflective voice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (I also think Obi-Wan-centric authors want Obi-Wan to have known love, and want to create their OC for this purpose.)

13. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Very insightful analysis Valary. I'll have to rewatch the episode with Obi-Wan and Satine to see if your theory works. It certainly sounds good to me.:)

I don't think I was so bothered by Taria than Satine, because they weren't in love. It certainly plausable that two close companions of the opposite sex would have a physcial fling, but the with the circmustances and similarities to Siri, and the fact that there are now three known love interests for Obi-Wan, it is all getting to be a bit much.

If we think in terms of our own relationships, typically there has been more than one relationship for us in the past,but usually, at least in my opinion, only one stands out. For Obi-Wan I think that should be Siri. Its getting lost with the new revelations though.

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005

Speak for yourself about past relationships[face_talk_hand] :_| ... well anyway, ahem -

The three past relationships do seem too much for the man Obi-Wan is, but I see it as each "author" (JW, TWC writers, KM) wanting their own character to be "the one" and to them, the other two don't exist.

We don't have that luxury - we see them all.

Anyone want to throw out a Siriwan challenge? I could use a break from angst - make it simple or complicated, bittersweet, friendship, or whatever.

Anyone? ;)

15. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Obi-Wan, Siri, a room full of helium balloons, and only one lightsaber between them. :D

Yeah, I don't know. It was a long night last night. I'm tired.... [face_tired]

16. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Anyone want to throw out a Siriwan challenge? I could use a break from angst - make it simple or complicated, bittersweet, friendship, or whatever.

Anyone? ;) [/quote]

Yes, A challenge would be nice.

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    That paints quite the - picture. [face_blush]

18. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    A Siri/Obi-Wan challenge... That might be fun to get my mind back on my other writing.

I keep hitting a brick wall. A change of scenery is always good.

I'm up for a challenge.:D

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    What for a challenge where Obi is telling Siri about Satine and Taria.
    And it's up to you what Siri discovers about the girls that's starting the discussion, brawl or more[face_whistling];)[face_beatup]:*

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hmmm, well, Siri must already know about Taria. It's nearly impossible for her not to.

Satine - she might not know "the truth" whatever that is.

What could be fun is the 3 girls gossiping/sharing Obi stories.

21. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    I've started an AU Obi/Siri fic. You will find it here...

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/31331044/p1/

It's my own plot, please read and review. [face_dancing]

22. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hello! I'm new here..Val pointed me to this board, cause I'm a committed Siriwanite ;)

I've read and am reading several Siriwan (and other Obi) stories written by those posting on here, and I am loving them!! The Satine thing irritated me, and I never heard about the other one before just now on this board..but in my opinion Siri is Obi's first and true love [face_love]

I have 5 completed Siriwan stories, (posted on the "other forum") 2 one shots and 3 multi chapter, all related or sort of related and I plan to begin posting the first chapter here beginning next week probably. I notice the stories here all have a heading that can be filled in with details of the story (title, characters, timeline, etc.). Does that come up automatically when I go to post, or do I need to copy/paste one to the lead in my story and then fill it in?
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in my Siriwan-iteism...I was so sad when I read Secrets a couple years ago, and my mind started coming up with all these ideas on how to get around that..not even knowing there was ff till my son showed me. I've been hooked ever since, and my story ideas stayed in my head, forming plot points and characterizations till I couldn't stand it anymore and finally wrote them down. I wrote a lot when I was younger, writing sci-fi stories and others. I quit writing when I got older, till I found this (and my enjoyment of Obi-Wan and Siri to inspire me)and found an outlet for my creativity. :). Any other advice anyone has would be appreciated, and as I come up with ?? I'll be sure to ask. Thanks, and you all write awesome stories!!!

Obimom

23. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Don't sell yourself short, you write good stories, too. (I read your fics on FFn)

Unfortunately, no that little "form," as it were, doesn't come up automatically. Would be easier if it did, but I don't think there's even a way to have that happen. So, you'll have to copy and paste.

If you would like long term help, a good place to go to is the Creche. http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/27339514/p1 There, you can be adopted by another fanfic writer, who is interested in the same things you are, and they'll help you out with any questions that you might have. :)

Welcome to the wonderfully wide world of Siriwan, and the general level of insanity that comes with it. [:D]

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    We've got another live one! [face_dancing]

You can always keep emailing me for any questions, but in case there's others "wanting to know" I have a Word.doc called TF.N Header just so I don't have to type everything in which I copy/paste into the first post. Any time you're creating/editing your first post, you can edit the subject line - so when I post updatees, I "edit" the first chapter to have access to the subject line to show I've updated.

So, since we've been discussing Obi-Wan's multiple love interests, was he a hormonal teenager and if so, how did he handle it?

I kind of giggle at the thought of him going girl-crazy (mild case) or horny (hmm). I know some reserved personality type men, but I didn't know them as teenagers, so I don't know how "those years" affected them. I'm really rather clueless.

Kind of like the Yappy Obi series over on ff.n which is not really in character, it is fun & not entirely unbelievable, so an Obi chasing the girls while Qui pulls on his leash is not entirely out-of-character, just unlikely. IMHO.

How's that for a challenge? Qui trying to keep his padawan "pure" while in the throes of hormones? Could be interesting. [face_laugh]

Or Obi's trying to deal with the hormones while appearing to be a perfectly proper and not-interested-in-girls young man while his body is screaming at him to get some action.

Keeping it PG would, I think, lead to rather humorous stories.

25. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Or Obi's trying to deal with the hormones while appearing to be a perfectly proper and not-interested-in-girls young man while his body is screaming at him to get some action.

I dont see him as a ladies man when he was young but trying to be mister proper while struggling with an attraction to a good looking female is very plausable in my opinion. Im not so great at coming up with ideas with Obi as a teenager but in his mid to late 20's or early thirties seems to be the years that appeal to my muse. Now if I could get my Muse and my life on the same schedule and start writing again....
    Obimom- check out Red rose knights story I think it is either about Obi-Wans cape or about last night... hilarious! Its in the index.

You know what song just screams SiriWan to me Foo fighter's D.O.A.Each time I hear it I ache to write an action/flirting piece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.