main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    HI! Couldn't get on here yesterday, DH took up almost the whole day on the puter yesterday doing research.

Val, I'm thinking about your challenge..my minds trying to come up with plausible enough scenarios for that..it's interesting, because Obi-Wan was always forever trying to be the perfect padawan..imagine the chagrin he might feel when he realizes his body is not cooperating, especially when thinking about certain females...[face_blush] , and I could imagine him feeling he couldn't tell Qui-gon about his wayward body ..it would prove what a failure as a Jedi he is, and how Qui-gon, who will find out, gently and with a little amusement would try to assure Obi-Wan that he is not the weird derelict of the order that he thinks he is. :p

Just a couple of thoughts.

ObsessedwithSW: thanks! I've been wanting to check out some of her stories, I've heard she has some really good ones.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    [face_laugh] Can I steal part of your post, Deb and write a story called "Weird Derelict of the Jedi"?

or "The Padawan Who is Always Up for Anything."

Okay, hangs head in shame. It's Monday and I'm feeling silly. I should go work on The Sith Stops Here, because the above works with the next chapter, even if he's not a padawan anymore in it.

3. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    The Padawan Who is Always Up for Anything." omg Val! That is just too cheesy! LOL! Im not sure if you would be able to keep this topic board friendly with that title!

On a serous note I pm the mods to find out about managing this thread so that we can update the index. Its been years since any siri/obi stories have been added-Val I know youve had a ton of stuff that deserves to make it in.

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [face_laugh] Go for it, Val!! Love the titles..[face_laugh] I'm still thinking about it myself, not sure if I'll come up with anything usable or not, but I look forward to what you or others might come up with.

Just stopping in a moment..been watching Ep. 2 on Spike..well, till an Anakin scene plays,then I go do something else..:) (Actually, I did like him in the scene when he finds his mom..very sad moment there).

Later!!

5. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    What a coincidence! I have been featuring young Obi-Wan in the my las couple of drabbles sets and this subject matter came up. I handled it more angst than humor, but may well turn the tables and do another humor set next. I imagine young Obi being practical about his hormonal urges, yet also struggling with them as they gain power.

7. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    good idea brodiew! Ive been lurking on your drabbles - you know I cant resist Siri and Obi-Wan, Im just not on my home computer very often anymore.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    New SiriWan on before and it's a gift for The1stJediPrincess

Distractions

9. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004

I'm a bit behind in my Clone Wars stuff, but this whole episode (which I only just saw, and I haven't seen any other season 2 eps yet) just fascinates me.

I noticed that look from Satine, too. At first, I thought it was hurt, but Obi's reaction definitely makes it seem like a distraction ploy. I read about what he said first on a different board, so I thought it was just a straight line, and a crazy one at that. I can push my imagination pretty far with Obi-Wan, but I can not see him leaving the Order for a romance, there's too many wonderful forms of denial:)

So, now I'm wondering where did it come from? Did he just make it up or was that something he felt he would've really done at the time? Makes me really wish it was real instead of animation, I could figure out Ewan's acting in a heartbeat. Maybe something they used in the past to get out of a sticky situation... And if they made it up to get away, how do they really feel about each other? Is there anything about this in the rest of the season?

I feel like they should demonstrate some respect for what's already been written, and Siri is so established, but I suppose that's just not required with this stuff... I like to see it as if Star Wars really did happen a long time ago, and the stories are being retold, just like a movie based on real events would be embellished to be more entertaining so is Obi-Wan's love life [face_love]

Relationships are complicated, I'm very happily married to someone I started dating when I was 17, so I don't have much experience with *real* full blown relationships, but I am, uh was, a horrible flirt, and a dreamer, and a romantic and so on, and I can think of a number of relationships with boys that were important to me, or had some affect on me and might've went somewhere had the timing been different. So I can definitely see that Obi-Wan might've had a number of experiences with women, but yes, they certainly weren't all 'the one'.

As for me, I just can't bear to live in a world where Obi-Wan spent 20 years in the desert with no comfort or companionship at all.:(

10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, but he had Qui-Gon...

...:eek: ...

...[face_laugh] ;)

Yes, poor, sad, lonely, Obi-Wan...[:D]

11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    That's true! I forgot :D Hmmmm...

12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Serendipityaey

I know how you feel about Obi being alone for 20 years. So much so I wrote a story about him NOT being alone for 20 years. It's called "Reunion" (I know, original name, huh..):rolleyes: (It was the first SW story I ever wrote toward the beginning of 2010).

I posted the first chapter yesterday, (Hope this works, I haven't used this link thing yet by myself..my son helped me with the first one I ever did...)

EDIT: Ok, the link thing didn't work..I'll have to have my son show me how to do that again, so here is the copy and pasted link:

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/31480036/p1/?5

It's funny though (to me). When it was just Sir Alec Guiness's Obi-Wan on Tatooine in Ep. 4, we didn't really know anything about him, and I never gave it any thought that he was so many years in exile. He was just a quaint old hermit who used to be a general in the clone wars and was this strange being called a "Jedi"..

Then, along came the prequel movies, along with the JA and JQ and other books, and Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan, and suddenly we had a much more complete picture of Obi-Wan, how wonderful he is, his character and nobility and humility. His stoic demeanor hiding a compassionate and sometimes passionate heart, and we have the utterly beautiful face of Ewan to complete the picture, complete with spectacular eyes, and then to top it off, we have Siri, his one love, and suddenly I couldn't stand the thought of that wonderful, beautiful man being alone so many years on Tatooine...it just doesn't seem right..;) and I know I'm not the first to feel this way, and not the first to write it (by any means) but I decided to write my own version of what would happen if Siri somehow survived the blaster shot by Magus. Hence the story linked above...:)

13. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    I agree with everything you have said Obimom! Obi-Wan Kenobi was an elite and dedicated Jedi, with a caring and passionate heart. [face_batting]

He so gets are raw deal after RotS. :mad:

I'm enjoying "Reunion". =D= Keep up the writing! [:D]

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    A mistake of youth, I think, since we are seeing the story from Luke's pov. And something truly unique about Star Wars, to see the story from one point of view, and then to go back and see the story from Obi-Wan's pov -- I relate far more to Obi-Wan then Anakin, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not... I tend to think so since we start with him and Qui-Gon, and not Anakin.

Then, along came the prequel movies, along with the JA and JQ and other books, and Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan, and suddenly we had a much more complete picture of Obi-Wan, how wonderful he is, his character and nobility and humility. His stoic demeanor hiding a compassionate and sometimes passionate heart, and we have the utterly beautiful face of Ewan to complete the picture

And it is quite a beautiful face [face_love] Ewan is a really talented actor, and he really gave Obi-Wan a complete story, and in many ways I do feel like it is his story. His triumphs and failures, with his entirely good intentions and good heart just make him impossible to resist. Sadly, without the knowledge of what was going to happen, he didn't really have much control over the situation, and neither did Anakin.

It's easy to see how Siri is a huge part of who Obi-Wan became. I don't think someone like Obi-Wan could escape love, but it's hard to reconcile that with the way the order and the jedi are presented in the movies. I started writing, probably right around the time the JA books started coming out, long before I ever knew she existed sadly, so none of my original ideas could have included her, but like I said it's easy to see how his experience with her is a part of his character. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to write a good Siriwan sometime [face_love]

Agreed!
    Agreed!
    Agreed!

15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Serendipityaey

And it is quite a beautiful face Ewan is a really talented actor, and he really gave Obi-Wan a complete story, and in many ways I do feel like it is his story

Obi-Wan's story..I agree..I felt after watching all 6 movies that if the movies are about the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi is the thread that ties all 6 movies together. It's as much his story as it is Anakin's (and Luke's). He (other than the 2 droids)(someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I think I'm right) is the only (non-droid) character to be in all 6 movies also. I'm trying to think if there was anyone else, but even Yoda didn't appear till "The Empire Strikes Back".

I wish Siri could have been part of the movies, she and Obi are so good together, but at least we have the stories [face_love]

EDIT: Ok, technically, Anakin is in all 6 movies...as Anakin then later as Darth Vader..so yeah, Obi-Wan then is one of only two characters to appear in all 6 movies..[face_love]

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    There were important plot points they didn't feel needed to be put in the movies, so yeah... no Siri :rolleyes: Even just a cameo would've been great, then she'd be official official.

I do think I've heard that before, about Obi-Wan being the one (live) character in all 6 movies. The OT is sort of Luke's story about (dealing with) Anakin, and the PT Obi-Wan's story about (dealing with) Anakin. I've never thought that out before, kind of interesting, actually.

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    The OT is sort of Luke's story about (dealing with) Anakin, and the PT Obi-Wan's story about (dealing with) Anakin. I've never thought that out before, kind of interesting, actually.

You're right, I never thought about it that way before. I guess Obi's role in eps 4,5 and 6 was more like a supporting/ghost mentor type role to Luke's struggle with Vader, but he was still in all 6 movies. :)

I did think of one other who was in all 6...Palps/Sids :mad: So there were three live characters (if you count Sids as being alive ;)...lets just say that Obi-Wan is the only completely Good Guy character to be in all 6...[face_love].

18. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Hello! *waves* I'm new here, but I've loved the idea of Siri and Obi-Wan ever since I first knew about it!

I don't really like him being paired up with anyone else - like I've heard of Satine in the Clone Wars, but I don't like to accept it.

Ummm... what else?

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    What else? Well, any fanfics in the work for us? Plot bunnies to share? We need more Siriwan!

Oh, and hi! Have @};- and [face_coffee] , sit down and chat awhile.

20. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Thanks Valairy!

Umm... I don't have any fan fics actually being written, but I do have a Siriwan plot bunny. I'd like to write it someday, but it's uber complicated - and eventually becomes a Wedge-fic.

Basically, Obi-Wan is the last member of an ancient Jedi line. There are a few of these families (the Halcyons and the Jades), but they are kept semi-secret as family lines. The Jedi who know do not want this line to end, so Obi-Wan is permitted an exemption from the rules (like Ki-Adi-Mundi was). Now he just has to convince Siri to go along with it....

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Goodness, I wonder how hard Obi would have to beg - or bat his eyelashes at Siri?

That brings up an interesting discussion point - if the rules were changed, or an exemption granted and this is pre-the GFFA falling apart, would Siri even want kids?

Granted, pregnancy doesn't have to tie a female to her "residence" for 9 whole months as in the past, but that female Jedi will be out of action (due to the previous action - [face_laugh][face_talk_hand] )for some time, especially if there were more than 1 kid.

And if this were semi-secret, it's a lot harder to hide impending motherhood than fatherhood.

22. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Yup. Siri would be 'on an extended mission' or some such... then her return to the Temple is as part of a child-collection run... including her new baby. And then the little boy turns out to be non-Force Sensitive, despite having two good Jedi as parents.

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Welcome to the discussion :)

I think it's natural for someone like Obi-Wan and realistic that he's going to have 'experiences' with other women [face_whistling] It's just up to you to interpret that how you like! And then write a fanfic about it ;) I think there's enough ambiguity and odd looks to easily explain away Obi-Wan's and Satine's, uh, feelings toward each other as being mostly platonic (or at least never really going anywhere) if that's what you like. In fact, maybe I'll write something about it...

Definitely sounds complicated, but it's a great idea! That would be quite the emotional journey for both Obi-Wan and Siri, I think.

Very complicated decision! My first thought would be that her first instinct would be no. It's not something she's probably considered, and she has a deep commitment to the Order. However, with a few eyelash bats from Obi-Wan, she might reconsider ;) It's definitely an important reason, and the child would be raised in the Temple, so it's not necessarily a life-long 24-7 sort of thing, but there would be an emotional attachment to deal with and that twist would really complicate things.

Deciding to have a baby is the most insanely complicated thing I've ever had to deal with, and a decision I had to make multiple times, which is stressful. I think it would be an interesting emotional story for Siri and Obi-Wan - dealing with the pressure and expectations, and all the craziness that comes with a baby :)

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    The closest I come to having a kid is having a highly dependent cat, which is entirely different (but like having a perpetual toddler whining for attention when not sleeping). :D

I see Siri as not the "mothering type" and yet, if she were to have kids, I think she'd be a good mother. Her instincts don't lead her to wanting them, let alone her training and lifestyle. But many women who have "no desire" to have kids find that things change when they do have kids, from what I've heard.

Obi-Wan, now, he's probably a bit more interested IF it was something he could realistically wish for.

A lot would depend on what part of their lives and what was happening around them, I think. Having a kid or two during the war - nope, off the radar. Post-war with things settling down and changing, possibly.

I think if they got "hitched, bonded" whatever, they would discuss and accept "the will of the Force" as to any potential kids.

Obi & Satine: I might see a fling - might - but a long term relationship? It'd be a bumpy one with lots of nights of Obi sleeping on the couch, I think. [face_laugh]

25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Obi & Satine: I might see a fling - might - but a long term relationship? It'd be a bumpy one with lots of nights of Obi sleeping on the couch, I think.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] I could definitely imagine that, and I agree. She sort of sounds like a nightmare. I wonder, if at the time, he was more 'in love' with her *cause*, than *her*... does Obi-Wan have a 'saving people thing'? :D Combined with the forced intimacy being on the run for a year would bring -- like I said, I think it could easily be explained away as a strictly emotional affair with maybe a one time fling thrown in there somewhere, maybe...

I wasn't sure if I wanted kids before, and I'm still not sure now [face_thinking] I know I'm crazy, but of course I love her to death and I am so happy I have her and she's so cute and I wouldn't change anything, but every time she smacks me in the face or throws a tantrum or won't eat something she loved yesterday, etc. etc. I just think, wait, I picked this? (Not to mention, the horrible last trimester, or the horrible three months after, lets just say I know more about the hospital than a nurse I know that works there...) But then she smiles and laughs and hugs me and looks at me *that* way and !grows up! and I immediately want another one. So, I guess, my point is it can be a many layered, very complicated thing, and I imagine it could be that way for Siri.

Obi-Wan, now, he's probably a bit more interested IF it was something he could realistically wish for.

I agree, but I wonder if this is something Ewan brought to the role. He seems like a great father, and seems like he loves being a dad, so it makes me wonder, if that would still be part of Obi-Wan's character had someone else played him. Just a thought... I'm trying to think what in Obi-Wan's story makes us think that... maybe his propensity towards attachment and the way he acts toward Anakin, especially in AOTC, but where did that come from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.