main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    And today’s the day! Last day to get your OC Winter Challenge votes in! :D

Kit' likes this.
  2. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    All right, everyone! The results are now in from our 2022 OC Winter (for Some of Us) Challenge, and we have a winner… two, in fact! Yes, indeed, we have a two-way tie between our two entries…

Congratulations to you both! =D= Now, since the winner gets to come up with the next challenge, how would you two like to handle that? Would you like to collaborate and talk about it together, or have just one of you do it? I’m here to help, whatever you decide!

Congratulations again and thanks so much for being such loyal participants in this thread's challenges! :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    Kahara, Raissa Baiard and Thumper09 like this.
  3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  4. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    New challenge time, everyone! @earlybird-obi-wan and @Kit' have very kindly provided us with an awesome Spring 2022 Challenge:

[face_whistling] “Music Makes My Heart Sing!” [face_dancing]
    TOS applies, as always.

I am going to give you a little longer on this one than our usual eight (8) weeks, because eight weeks from today I will (hopefully) be out of town. So, this challenge will run a full two (2) months: stories are due on April 11, 2022, by 11:59 pm (23:59) PST.

And off you go! Have fun, and happy writing! [face_dancing]

Story Index
    Leaping to Conclusions - Part 2 - Snips and Snails by Kit' ("Tmrw" by Milk and Bone)
    Julia by earlybird-obi-wan ("Zelfs je naam is mooi" by Henk Westbroek)

Non-Voting Index

Reaching Conclusions by Thumper09 ("All My Friends Say," by Luke Bryan)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I have a bunch of songs on numerous playlists that I associate with my OCs and writing in general. There's one song in particular I've wanted to base a story on for a while now, but every time I try I hit a major snag smack in the middle. Maybe this time I can focus on it and actually figure it out. Plus it's not a recent song and I heard it on the radio this morning, so maybe that was a sign. :cool:

Kahara, Mira_Jade , Kit' and 2 others like this.
  6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Definitely a sign! Do it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    For the first time, I think I have a first draft of that story completed that I'm actually okay with. It needs tweaking and editing yet, so I'll have to see if I still think it's okay after it's sat in my brain a while longer. :p

8. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Allrighty, the first of ~four posts is up in my non-voting challenge entry: Reaching Conclusions . Thanks for giving me the motivation to actually finish writing it at last. :cool:

9. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey, everyone! Just letting you know there is one (1) month left on our Music Makes My Heart Sing challenge, with stories due April 11! :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have ideas for one using a song by a Dutch artist

Thumper09 and Findswoman like this.
  11. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Findswoman likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And here is Julia
    using
    Henk Westbroek; Zelfs je naam is mooi
    Julia

Findswoman likes this.
  13. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Wonderful! Index updated. :)

14. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I demand you put it in the voting pool! You're an amazing writer!!!

15. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey again, everybody! This is your reminder that two (2) weeks are now left in our Music Makes My Heart Sing challenge—stories due April 11! :)

16. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Aww, thanks! I appreciate the compliment! :) Maybe I'll try with another story down the road. This one is a bit long. :)

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thumper09 likes this.
  18. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And now there’s one (1) week left! Looking forward, as always, to seeing what else comes in! :)

19. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And now three (3) days! Down to the wire, my friends! :D

20. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Last day of the Music Makes My Heart Sing challenge! Stories due at 11:59 pm (23:59) PST today, and voting will begin tomorrow!

21. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    All right, everyone, time to VOTE on our the Music Makes My Heart Sing challenge! There are two stories in the running:
    Reaching Conclusions by @Thumper09 ("All My Friends Say," by Luke Bryan)
    Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on April 26. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about April 27 (barring all RL catastrophe).

And here's what the winner will get: the opportunity to come up with this thread's next challenge! I'll PM you once the results are announced as a reminder, and I am glad to work with you on coming up with something if it would be helpful.

Happy reading and voting! :)

Kahara likes this.
  22. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Me again, with a reminder that we’re halfway through our voting time with one more week left! So far we’ve gotten just one vote—can we get any more? :D

23. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Three (3) days left to vote, everyone! Votes due April 26! See two posts above this one for details. :)

24. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And today is our last day to vote! Send ’em in, good people! The winner will be announced tomorrow. :)

25. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And our results are in! The winner of our Spring 2022 Challenge is…

Congratulations once again to Kit'—I shall be in touch with you soon! :) And many thanks, as always, to all who participated! This was a busy time of year, which makes me all the more appreciative of any and all participation these challenges get! So be very proud. :cool: