main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  2. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    A few announcements from your friendly neighborhood OC sock:

First, there is one month left in the OC Revolution Summer/Fall 2019 Challenge, with stories due November 13. Looking forward to seeing what we will get!

Second, since a few people have asked about this, I'm adding the following rule in the OC Revolution Ask Game: If a user does not respond to the game within ten (10) days of being tagged, the user who originally tagged that person will be asked by the sock to tag someone else. I have added this to the rules post, linked above.

(So, in the current case, this means @Kyber Acyk has till October 21 to answer @brodiew 's ask, at which time brodie may tag someone else instead.)

Any questions, just let me know, and thank you all once again! :)

Kahara, Sith-I-5, brodiew and 4 others like this.
  3. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    Will there be a similar Winter/Spring challenge?

Findswoman likes this.
  4. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Yes, indeed there will. :) The tradition in this particular thread is for the winner of a challenge to choose the theme of the next challenge, and if there's no winner for whatever reason, I just do it myself. :D This next one may just be a Winter Challenge, since I may try out a somewhat shorter time frame this time.

And still paging @Kyber Acyk to answer @brodiew 's ask—you have two more days! :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Kahara and Oddly_Salacious like this.
  5. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    #7: What cheers them up when they are down?

A: Kyber finds that he bounces back after a bad experience by spending time with his family and extended family

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Question #6 is for @Nehru_Amidala for Minerva Hektor :)

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
  7. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Thanks for the heads-up, @divapilot—sorry I've been neglecting this, things have been hectic. It's now been just over ten days since @Kyber Acyk 's original ask, so, in accordance with the ten-day rule outlined above, I am now going to ask him to choose/tag someone else.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Kyber Acyk and divapilot like this.
  8. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
  9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hello? What did you want to ask Amber?
    upload_2019-10-31_10-48-41.png

10. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Findswoman likes this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    As I am short of time, not read the rules, I assume I just answer for Amber.

Amber loves to dance, and sing. She's not bad either. She plays a keyboard and this is all stuff few know about. Music and the words to songs are often taken to heart as she feels deeply. Both good and bad feelings and till she learns to control it others get to suffer along with her! :p

12. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Thanks so much, @Adalia-Durron ! So, now what you do is tag someone else and ask a question from the list about an OC belonging to that person. :) I’ll quote the list again here:

The full rules post is here, if it would help. Have fun! :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I can do that! @Corellian_Outrider - may I ask a question about Cassell?

8. Whom do they side with in the Galactic politics of their era?

14. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Of course you may :) Cassell Wystari coming right up.

[​IMG]

"Where to start, I was there during the transitional period of the galaxy… I fought with Corellia forces on the side of the Republic against the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Now? Currently in the Galactic Civil War and roped in with the Alliance to Restore the Republic."

May I ask @I_am_Kooky about Kate Leeash-Schyler?

#7- What cheers them up when they're down?

15. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    It would be her pleasure @Corellian_Outrider, [face_love]

[​IMG]
    "I love to climb trees or be in high places, I find that it offers me a chance to look at my problems from a different perspective, almost literally. . . also most people can't climb like me, so they can't reach me up that high. Nothing like the wind in your hair, high above everything, one wrong move and your dead to make you feel alive and better about whatever is troubling you . . .except for a fear of heights I suppose."

@galactic-vagabond422
    What is Rhoen Aquilla's biggest fear?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  16. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    @I_am_Kooky
    "My greatest fear...never really thought about, never really had time. Between fighting a war and preparing for the next mission it doesn't give you time to contemplate or think about things like that. I don't fear my own death, I'm a pilot death comes with the territory. No, what I fear is losing everything and everyone around me. My dad, the farm that has been in my family for generations...Syal, the woman I made a promise to protect. It keeps me up some nights, what I would do without them, or worse if I had to just sit there and watch them die. I don't spend long thinking about because I don't want to."

@Anedon
    For Ilona What would bring her to tears?

Anedon , Findswoman and I_am_Kooky like this.
  17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    @galactic-vagabond422
    Terrible thing´s happening to the people I care about, lost several friends and comrades during the Vong war, most of the young cadets like myself at the time. Or just seeing the devastation of the war itself, walking through a ruined street and have frightened children scream for their parents while knowing that no one will answer them, brought tears to my eyes. In more recent days, seeing my mother looses more and more of herself to dementia, if it continues like this I fear she one day might not be able to recognize me anymore, seeing a beloved person waste away like that is in a way even more tragic than outright loose them.
    Worst of all though was the time I though my brother had been killed, have always been looking out for little Adi.

Adrian: She also allways cries every time at the end of that corny Eriaduan romance movie about the noble boy and the working class girl who fall in love.

No, I don´t!.... Well okay I do, but you do too brother!

@divapilot
    2#
    For Mirany Lansdotter

18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    (Yay, Mirany! That's a name I haven't heard in a long time, a long time... :D )

19. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Mirany Lansdotter: Am I a morning person or a night person? Well, I guess I’m a morning person. I don’t really mind being up and about before the crowds of tourists come in to swamp the narrow streets of Mehr. I have to open my father’s store early in the morning anyway, so it gives me an excuse to take the longer path, the one that winds by the overlook so I can see the early sun’s rays skim along the ocean. Sometimes I see the water speeders heading out and it makes me a little wistful, thinking of my late husband, but all in all, I prefer the quiet of an early morning in town than the chaos of the evening, when the square is filled with strangers.

For @gizkaspice , Blackie the Kitten

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  20. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Cool thread!!! Thanks for the tag :D

@divapilot
    #19: What is their attitude toward death (their own and/or other people's)?

Having survived a war before his eyes opened as a tiny kitty, Blackie understands that death is part of life and war and takes every opportunity to cherish his moments with his owners. He tries to ensure their survival and his own but knows many things are beyond his control.

For @Sith-I-5 , Cindy the micro sandpanther

Findswoman and divapilot like this.
  21. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hi everyone, your sock here, stepping in with a quick announcement. As of yesterday, our Summer/Fall 2019 Challenge came to a close, and it received just one entry:

Sparks by @Findswoman

Technically that story is out of competition, as Finds is the one who hosts this sock. But because Finds is the one who hosts this sock, she is (I am) still going to choose the next challenge. I don't know what that will be yet, but I do have a few announcements relating to scheduling:
    1. In order to avoid conflict with other challenges and with the holiday season, the next challenge in this thread won't be posted till early in the new year; I'm looking at the first week or so of January.
    2. I'm going to try running the next challenge for a shorter time period: probably 8 or 10 weeks instead of the 3 or 4 months that we've been doing thus far. If that ends up not working, I'm glad to go back to the longer time period.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding, and if you have any questions about any of this, just let me know. :)

In the meantime, please feel free to continue the OC Revolution Ask Game. Currently @Sith-I-5 is tagged, with question #12 for Cindy the micro sandpanther. And here, once more, is the list of questions:

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for the tag. I was trying to find someone to tag after my response, and reaching out to a candidate to see if they had any OCs.

Okay-dokey, another bite of the cherry!

#12. Do they enjoy space travel?

Cindy has not had the opportunity, since being decanted from her Spaarti cylinder. For all the off-world trips that her Mistress, Ysanne Isard, has undertaken, Cindy has been left in the care of Isard's personal assistance, Ludmilla.

Cheers for asking!

@Gamiel - #20 Question not on list: What does K'atam (your Mimbanite on Kreel's crew) think about Wandrellas, and has he had any experiences with them?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Findswoman and gizkaspice like this.
  23. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    I'm looking forward to the next challenge @OCDatabaseSock ! I came here hoping to find a new challenge but it looks like I just missed it for this month.

Findswoman likes this.
  24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Good to see you back, @Viridian-Maiden! :) Sorry about missing you this month, but if you're in search of a prompt you're always welcome to try out any of the past challenge prompts, and I'll still add you and your story to the appropriate index even though the voting part of the challenge is past. I'm looking at posting the next challenge in early Jan., right after the holidays.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  25. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    OK, since it’s been more than 10 days since @Sith-I-5 ’s OC ask in post #1197 above with no response from his askee—I’m going to ask that he choose someone else to ask, in the interest of keeping the game moving. Thanks, all! :)