main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
  2. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    "Change the OC's allegiance"...

Oh, I've already had ideas for this (2 words: Inquisitor Sennah). I have no idea if I'll get it written, but it's already been floating in my brain.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    This would make something that I am already writing on the SW side, easier, as I was having difficulty marrying the characters up with what I was having them do; but if they are supposed to be bad guys, that should simplify matters.

On the non-SW side, I could reprint recent RP postings to do this.

Oh, these are for the change allegiance one.

Edit: My 242-year-old Arcan is already treating an adult human as her own child. It should be quite easy to repurpose that for the 'looking after a pet' challenge.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    How evil do they need to be? Are we talking moustache twirling while tying a damsel to the train tracks* and eating people with fava beans or lesser evil like tax evasion or Robin Hood-esque wealth redistribution?

*autocorrect wanted to chance damsel to camel which make for a very amusing mental image!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    My general idea was a change of allegiance, but not nessesary a complete 180 grades turn. So it doesn´t need to be a cakeling Palpatine 2.0. That said for the Robin Hood exmaple makeing a hero into an anti hero might be a little less, it should be a clear change.

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    My réponse to the allegiance challenge - The choices we make. @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku kindly let me borrow T'lor so I used her and Kithera. It also fit quite nicely with the mini-challenge for classical music so that was an added bonus.

7. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I've posted a response to the Allegiance challenge: The Remaining Road, featuring characters from my Dr. Rig Nema stories.

8. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Wow, two entries already! Wonderful! Index updated. :)

gizkaspice, Kahara and Kit' like this.
  9. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Have an idea for each of them. Can I actually participate in my own challenge tough?

gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  10. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Why yes, most certainly! Not only may you participate, but you may also win, if the voting goes that way! :D

And, again, if you are doing two separate stories, you'll be asked to choose which one you want to be eligible for voting and which one to leave out of competition. (If it's one story that uses both prompts, then that is totally eligible for voting, too.)

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  11. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey everyone! Just reminding you that our two (2) Spring 2020 Challenges come due one month from today, on June 8!

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I actually have an idea for the pets one...

13. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I'm also thinking of writing a challenge story for my own challenge. I mean, what were the odds of that.:D

Kahara, Findswoman and Kit' like this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I had forgotten about this till gikza' liked my post above, re. the Pets challenge.

I shall have to look at this again and see which RP posts to reprint.

15. TheRynJedi

Jun 20, 2018
  16. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Wonderful! Got it in the index, thanks so much! :)

Kahara and TheRynJedi like this.
  17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    So I know it was my challenge but I´ve got two questions I would defer to the Sock in regards to the switching allegiance challenge:

1) Does the OC need to appaer in person or could it also be a story where other people talk about, react to the actions of said OC?
    2) Or if the OC has to appaer to they have to be the PoV?

18. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Good questions, and sorry to be tardy in answering! In answer to both those questions, I would say this: the main thing is for the OC to be at the center of the story, however defined. I think there are ways to write a story with an absent OC where the OC nevertheless is at the center of the story. In fact, there was an earlier challenge in this thread about that very thing (look for “Summer/Autumn/Winter Challenge 2016” in the challenge list). So I hope that is a helpful answer for now! :)

Also, while I’m here: a quick and friendly reminder that there are two weeks left in the Spring 2020 Challenge, which comes due on Monday, June 8. So far we’ve got three awesome stories in the running; looking forward to more! :D

gizkaspice, Kahara and Anedon like this.
  19. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And now it’s just one week! Let’s see if more stories will come in! :)

gizkaspice, Kit' and Kahara like this.
  20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
  21. TheRynJedi

Jun 20, 2018
    Aaand, the third and final chapter has been posted in it's ultimate evilness ( Bwahahahaha...)

Kit' , gizkaspice, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Yeah, this is definitely not happening thanks to Darth RL, but looking forward to reading some great stories from people!

Kit' , Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I over-stated the ease of converting my roleplay post; this wasn't easy, and if there are additional entries, this won't get any traction.

So, on the 'Pet Challenge' side, You Are Not A Pet, Sweetie.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  24. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    OK, got the index updated with the newest entries—thank you all! Just one day left, now... :D

While I’m here, I’d like to get your thoughts about how you’d like to handle the voting for this one, since we have two challenges in one this time. Do we want to take (a) just one vote for both challenges combined, or (b) two separate ones? Please let me know what you think. :)

Kahara likes this.
  25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Two separate votes.

TheRynJedi and Kahara like this.