main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I think that's perfect! Go for it! The fight doesn't have to be physical. ;)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Will think on it.
    General concept being a young military commander way in over his head, faceing of against a ruthless enemy who pretty much holds all the cards.

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Entry done!

Birthday Wishes involving Zallie Jinn plus Kei, Taro and Quinn D'ladame

4. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Great! Our second entry is now in—thanks so much! :)

Kit' likes this.
  5. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Findswoman likes this.
  6. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Just added it! Thank you so much! :)

7. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I wrote a response for the Reddit Seasons Challenge and then realised that it also fits this challenge. I know I can't have two entries, but part of me is tempted to post the season's challenge and put Birthday Wishes as an out of competition piece. That is if I'm allowed to do so :)

Findswoman likes this.
  8. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Yes, that is totally fine--ad-hoc entries are always OK, and you can switch them and the in-competition ones around as long as that's done before the deadline. I know we've done that before, whether here or in the OTP thread.

What is this Reddit Seasons Challenge, by the way? I would be curious to see, with an eye to possibly being inspired on future challenges here! ;)

9. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Findswoman likes this.
  10. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Posted -

Season of the Slave

It's 4 chapters plus an epilogue, the final chapter contains the fight but each chapter (excepting the fourth one) is only about 500-600 words long.

Can I move this into competition and Birthday wishes out please?

Findswoman likes this.
  11. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Yes, absolutely! Got them both indexed accordingly, now. :)

Kit' and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    My fingers start to type up that fic..

Findswoman likes this.
  13. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Okay so I´ve been having a few other ideas since my original one and am not sure where to go. But just to clarify the opponent of the OC can be a canon character? Or do both in the fight need to be OCs?

14. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    I tend to think that either of those scenarios is okay, but once again, I’m going to loop in @ViariSkywalker to answer that, because I’m not sure if she had a preference one way or the other. :)

Also, while I’m here, a reminder that there is one month left in our challenge! Stories are due June 3! :D

Anedon likes this.
  15. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    The opponent can be any character, canon or OC. :)

Findswoman and Anedon like this.
  16. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
  17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Seasons of the Slave is done. The whole thing is five chapters (four seasons plus an epilogue) but they are all short chapters which is good. Also I actually finished a story, which is doubly good.

18. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I found my very, very, very old USJS posts the other day with the first introduction of Kithera. Which made me think about the idea of comparing the very first post that had your OC in it and the most recent one. How much have they changed?

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    How utterly fascinating that is @Kit' ... As a reader I'd love to compare that side by side [face_laugh]

ViariSkywalker and Findswoman like this.
  20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Here you go @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Character: Kithera
    Date: March 1, 2000
    Story: Ultra Stressed Jedi Students.
    Author's age: 16

Kithera stormed up and down the hall. this was a stupid idea, and utterly stupid one if she even glanced at the moronic, slimy, mis...
    "Moronic am I?" Master yoda said from the door.
    "I'm sorry i didn't mean that. I've got five assignment due next week that's all." she sighed and dropped to the floor. "I've got one on monday, one tuesday, two wednesday and one thursday." she broke of to sneeze 'And I'm sick."

Master Yoda regarded her unsympathetically. "Work harder you will." he said. All Kithera could manage was a scream.

Character: Kithera
    Date: May 16, 2021
    Story: Five worst dates
    Author's age: 37

Rin adjusted the chin strap of the helmet. She watched him give her an embarrassed grin and then scuff the sandy ground with his boot. The trailing woodwind of the Force ebbed and flowed with the wind. She grinned at him.

“Sorry,” he said quietly, “it’s just work, Rin.”

“With you everything is work.”

He shrugged like he always did when he wasn’t sure what to say. It was both endearing and infuriating. She frowned slightly. Two months since they’d both expressed their feelings for each other. Two months since that kiss in that garden. Two months since...She paused considering everything that had changed. Two months since her world had come together and felt right again. The Force trilled its peace and serenity everytime she was near him. It was a sound she’d lost when her Master died, regained briefly when she was with Qui-gon and then had disappeared when they had parted. It was a sound she’d thought she’d never hear again until that day in that garden when the melody had come together in just the right way.

21. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Now we need to see everyone else’s

Edit- actually I might talk to our lovely kids and either do this as a “show us” or a challenge. Ie. take one of your earliest posts on the birds and rewrite it so that it’s in the style you write in now.

Good idea? Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Findswoman and darthbernael like this.
  23. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Great! Got it in the index, thanks so much for sharing! :)

And @Kit’ , I see your wonderful discussion idea became its own challenge—very awesome! I do encourage everyone to check it out. :cool:

And finally, just a reminder that we’ve got two weeks left in our OC Fight Challenge, with stories due June 3! :)

darthbernael likes this.
  24. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    I like both of these ideas very much! Is anyone still interested in talking about and/or posting first & last snippets of our OCs in this thread? I know in my case, the OCs I write about now are not the ones I would use for the "official" challenge thread, since I only started posting about them in 2010, while my first story on the boards is from 2002. :p I do think it'll be a fun exercise, trying to rewrite an old scene to match our newer styles, but I know I would also still enjoy reading everyone's oldest/latest posts with their OCs here in the OC thread. [face_batting]

Findswoman likes this.
  25. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hi everyone! A reminder that there is now one week left in the OC Fight Challenge, and stories are due Wednesday, June 3! :)