main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @AzureAngel2 great question, thanks for asking. In my head, I definitely picture Qui-Gon having Liam Neeson's voice and accent, so to me Qui-Gon has a lovely Irish accent though it'd probably be called something else in a galaxy far, far away.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, #15 for any OC character that you've written who you want to tell me about:D

3. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    OK, just stepping in with a little public service announcement quickly before Nyota answers her question:
    Just for future reference, this particular game is exclusively for OCs. Canon characters are more than welcome to answer questions in the Character Interview Thread, however. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @devilinthedetails - thanks for the question.
    #15 -- for a character in NSW -- Sherralyn Walthrop.

I was a classmate in Starfleet Academy and very close friends with Nyota Uhura. I have 2 sisters, Gwendolyn and Elspeth. I'm squarely in the middle. We grew up in Vermont.

I took the command track and am first officer on the Excalibur. I met and married Tristan Sutherland, ship's Counselor--i.e., therapist.
    ------
    #17 for @Mira_Jade -- any OC you want to use. :cool:

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Ups, sorry! I was so tired during my lunch break. And a bit overtaxed.

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - Thanks for the tag. :D

15. What kind of family situation do they come from?

I'm going to go with Alizé Tumas-Merle, an OC from my Song!verse who is just about to make her debut, for this one. Alizé is a Human woman who runs a modest, inner-system logistics company out of Coronet City on Corellia, one that's been in the family for generations. She's the oldest of one brother and two more sisters, one of whom is Demír. With her parents now retired, she's just as much a mother-avian to her siblings and their children as she is dedicated to the family business. She's married to another old-blooded Corellian named Jost Merle, and together they have a teenage son, Noam - who's far less interested in inheriting the family business as he is in affecting change through social reforms on Corellia - and the entire Republic beyond if he can help it. It's an interesting time for the family, to say the least, trying to carry on as they have been for generations with the Clone Wars raging on and Corellia struggling to maintain its independence all the while . . .

Alrighty! And, now: @TheRynJedi - #7 for Sennah. :D

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
  8. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Hey all. Sorry for disappearing. It's back to school time and the busiest time of year for my work. I was taking a bit of a break, for a week or two, but what I didn't realize until @Findswoman just emailed me was that Tapatalk had disappeared off my phone somehow so I wasn't getting any alerts for getting tagged in anything!

Getting caught up!

Sennah of Clan Itanno, Ryn Jedi:
    7. What cheers them up when they're down?

Hm, that question will have different answers depending on when in her life you asked the question.

As a youngling in the Jedi Temple she would say meditating in the Arboretum, feeling the life energy of thousands of living things: trees, plants, avians, and insects, gathered from all across the Galaxy, living in harmony with each other. Or, the random visits from Master Qui-Gon, he liked to check in on her, often asking her about dreams she'd had recently. Talking with him always cheered her up.

As an adult, it is moments with her family and friends, sharing a song, a story, a drink, or a meal. Doing something to bring hope or happiness to someone. Helping to make others happy is what makes her happy.

No idea who has answered already, um...
    @OCDatabaseSock choose someone to answer #18?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  9. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Oh shoot! First of all, I’m really sorry, TheRynJedi—I only noticed today that you edited your post to answer the question about Sennah, and I didn’t notice the tag in time. But if it helps, you don’t have to choose someone who hasn’t answered yet—people can be asked more than once, and asked for the same OC. It’s all about who you are curious about. :D

10. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Ok, well, I'm going to ask @Findswoman about Telfien, then, but not #18, because we already know that answer. How about #17.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    And #17 is "are they interested in having kids"! :eek: Oh wow... so, I don't think she's thought much about it before. She still considers herself pretty young, and now that she's in a state of exile from her homeworld after the Imperial takeover, she has kind of resigned herself to that not ever happening. Now, that said...
    ...she did have a betrothed on her home planet whom she may someday find again, so I think she should probably never say never!

And now:
    @Kahara, #13, Lydia Shelvay!

And again requoting the list for everyone's convenience (anyone's welcome to do so when it seems like it would be helpful):

12. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    And for Lydia Shelvay... that's an interesting question to be sure! She's kind of a restless go-getting sort and used to most of her recreation time being linked to an educational experience of some kind in recent years. Well, that or the downright mischief she and her friends got into from time to time. :p So probably something less on the calm side and more adventurous.

She definitely enjoyed camping in the mountains on her homeworld as a youngster, and some more challenging wilderness survival type things during her teen years. Maybe it's because I started writing her character as a diary, but I do think she's sometimes troubled with over-analyzing and having too many thoughts all at once. So that may be why she's the kind that finds serenity in that combination of being in nature and testing her limits. She does enjoy a lot of nerdy pursuits (the techie thing doesn't come from nowhere), but those would be more a part of her everyday when she has time for it.

All that said, I don't think she'd consider it a vacation if the environment was actively trying to kill her the whole time. So I'm going to go with some kind of long trail hike (or rock climbing, whitewater rafting, canoeing etc.) on Naboo or some other not-too-terrifying planet with a variety of landscapes and lots of natural beauty to appreciate.

Thanks for asking, this was fun! :)

And how about #4 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - for Sevrina?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for asking @Kahara -- @};-

Sevrina is not usually called upon to speak in public; she would probably feel nervous about "getting the point across" but once she started or if she saw supportive, friendly folks in the audience, it would help. Plus doing Force-enhanced calming exercises. ;)

@Raissa Baiard #10 for Ronen. :)

14. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I'd say Ronen is more on the neat side of the spectrum. His room isn't as painfully neat and spartan as Kanan's cabin on the Ghost was, but overall, Ronen likes to keep his things in their place. There's probably some flimsis and holo-books on his desk, and his bed might not always get made, though. Right now, he doesn't have any actual personal space, since he's stuck sleeping on a futon in the common area of the apartment in Dreshdae. Things there are a lot messier than he would prefer, given the way Humoo's collection of odds and ends has taken over most of the available space, but Ro is making the best of it.

@brodiew , #2 for Ansyn Turlock

15. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Ok, just found this thread and it looks fun. And I have OC's in all of my stories, so I have several to choose from. Sooo, how does this work?

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  16. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hi madman! The instructions are all in the game's first post, right here. At this point, it's a matter of waiting if anyone tags you to ask one of the questions on the list about one of your OCs, and then you can answer the question and tag whomever else you want with another one. :)

17. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks for the nod, Raissa. I apologize for the late reply.

You may be surprised to learn that Ansyn Turlock is a morning person. Before he became a Jedi trainee, his business required that he get going early. Dividing the day into his legitimate and more secret activities required that he have as many hours as the day provided. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't entertain clients into the night from time.

Ansyn subscribed to the old adage 'early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise'.

@Vehn #15 Sean Riggins

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    @brodiew - ...are you going to tag anyone?

Findswoman likes this.
  19. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Yes I'm working on it as we speak.

Findswoman and Sith-I-5 like this.
  20. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Just popping in to say that I have started an entry for the summer/fall 2019 challenge:

Sparks

Because I'm also the host of this thread, it will be out of competition and labeled as such in the index.

All right, back to our regularly scheduled game! @Vehn, #15, Sean Riggins was next, I believe. :)

Mira_Jade likes this.
  21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    @Vehn may not want to play...he hasn't updated in a bit either.

It was worth a try.

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Findswoman and brodiew like this.
  23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks for letting us know, Vehn. In that case, would you prefer that @brodiew choose someone else for the purposes of this game?

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  24. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
  25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ok, thanks! So, then, @brodiew, whom else would you like to ask, and which question?