main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  2. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Excellent, our first entry! Got it in the index. Thanks so much, @earlybird-obi-wan ! :)

3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I have left this so late that I'm scrambling to get my entry finished it time :(

5. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Ah, folks, very sorry I’ve been neglecting this thread, and now the deadline is in just two days—d’oh! :oops: @ViariSkywalker I’ve got your entry in the index now—thanks! @Kit' , just see what you are able to do, and if worse comes to worst and you don’t finish it in time, you can always link it here later for me to list noncompetitively. Thank you both so much for all you do on these challenges!

6. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
  7. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And got it in! This is great—thanks so much! :)

8. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    All right, everyone, this wraps up our OC Extreme Environment Challenge (3rd Quarter 2021), and it's now time to VOTE on the three stories we have in the running:
    Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on Thursday, September 2, giving you two weeks to read and vote. (And again, notice that that means you have the entire day (at least in PST) on the 2nd!)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about September 3 or 4 (barring all RL catastrophe).

And here's what the winner will get: the opportunity to come up with this thread's next challenge! I’ll PM you after the voting results are in, and I am glad to work with you on coming up with something if it would be helpful.

Happy reading and voting! :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Kahara and Kit' like this.
  9. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hello again, everyone! Just a reminder that there is now one week left to vote! Votes are due by 11:59 pm (23:59) PST on Thursday, September 2!

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  10. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And last day to get your votes in! Results go up tomorrow! :D

Kahara likes this.
  11. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    All righty, everyone! The voting results for our Extreme Environment Challenge are in, and I am pleased to announce that we have a two-way tie! Our two (2) winners are…

Please join me in congratulating Kit’ and Earlybird for their winning entries, and in heartily thanking all who took part in this challenge! =D=

Now, since winners of the OC challenges typically get to come up with the next challenge, here’s what you two can choose to do: (1) collaborate on coming up with the next challenge, or (2) one person can opt to let the other choose the challenge. Either way, you would then send me (the sock) the challenge idea via PM. Just let me know how you would like to proceed, and we can get the ball rolling!

12. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
  13. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Wow! That was unexpected :)

A big Congratulations [mention]earlybird-obi-wan [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Congratulations too Kit

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    For some reason, the timeline on this challenge flew right by me. :p 8-}

But I have to give a bit ol' round of congratulations to the winners and all the participants. [:D] This was a great challenge that produced great stories, and I can't wait to see what comes next. =D= [face_dancing]

16. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    All right, everyone! @Kit and @earlybird-obi-wan have provided a wonderful new challenge to be our Fall 2021 OC Challenge:

The Background OC Challenge—Plus!

We all have our favourite OC, the one that stars in every fic. The one we make sure we give all the angst too, whose love life we fret about and whose timeline we sort to perfection. However, for that OC to work they need a cast of supporting characters, the ones that guide them through. This is their month to shine…

Sort of…

Because, you see, we all live in a world of rules. Rules that bind and sometimes chafe. Rules that restrict a character in ways that they don’t like. Ones that they either need to abide by, or break knowing that the consequences may well be dire…

So…

Your challenge is to write a fic with one of your lesser known OCs (a supporting cast member has their time to shine), but also with that time to shine comes the angst that always goes with being a main OC. They need to struggle against a rule that’s been imposed on them. One that inhibits them from doing something they desperately want and one that has dire consequences if they break it.

Will your little background OC dare to break the rules, or will they suffer in silence?

TOS applies, of course. As usual, our challenge will run for eight (8) weeks, and stories will be due at 11:59 PM (23:59) PST on Sunday, October 31.

Happy writing to all! Can’t wait to see how you bring those background OCs out of the woodwork!

Index
    The Value of Freedom by Anedon (Ulrika Grau and Tobin Redan)
    A Lesson in Death by Kit’ (Kirsh, and his master)
    Remember by earlybird-obi-wan (Dave d'Lorrion)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    Kahara, Mira_Jade , Thumper09 and 2 others like this.
  17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Uploaded the first chapter of my entry: The Value of Freedom
    Featuring my side OCs Ulrika Grau and Tobin Redan.

earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.
  18. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Got it in, thanks so much! :)

Also, just a reminder that there’s now one month left for this challenge, with stories due October 31.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    Kahara likes this.
  19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
  20. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Kit' likes this.
  21. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Me again—can you believe we’re now at the one week mark? Just one week left to get stories in before they’re due on the 31st! :)

22. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And me yet again, letting you all know that we now have three (3) days left! :)

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    For the Fall 2021 challenge I give you remember

24. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And got it in! Up to three, now! :)

25. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Me again, just letting you know that today’s the last day of our challenge! Voting will begin first thing tomorrow. :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.