main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey everyone! We are now at about the halfway point of our extra week on the winter challenge—after today there are about three more days left, and again, the new due date is Friday, January 8 at the usual 11:59 pm PST! We’ve got some excellent entries in already, and I look forward to seeing what the final lineup will look like! :cool:

ViariSkywalker and madman007 like this.
  2. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Just tonight and all day tomorrow left before stories come due, everyone! Get ’em in, get ’em in, get ’em in! :D

madman007 and ViariSkywalker like this.
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm 75% of the way there, so there's hope for tonight. Sometimes I miss the pre-Chyntuquita days when Mr Chyn and I were living like teenagers and ordering pizza when I wanted to write fanfic.

4. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    This is giving me flashbacks to 10 years ago (pre-kids) when the pizza delivery guy knew my husband and me by name. :p

And now I'm hungry.

Good luck with the writing!

5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    So. Ahem. Fail. We dealt with tummy pain and puking all afternoon and night, and we just came back from the paediatrician who said it was a mild case of food poisoning.

I'll just post my story later, is it OK to include it in the index as a late entry (out of competition of course)?

Findswoman likes this.
  6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh no [mention]Chyntuck [/mention] that’s not good. Hate food poisoning and when it’s kids it’s always worse. Hope they get better soon!

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Posting as myself because I just got up. @Chyntuck I’m so sorry to hear poor Chyntuquita was feeling so miserable, and I hope she is doing much better now! Yes, of course your entry can go in later as out-of-competition—that is always OK.

Chyntuck likes this.
  8. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    All right, everyone! And now the time has come to VOTE on our OC Winter 2020–(21) Challenge! Here are the four (4) wonderful stories we have in the running:

As well as currently one (1) non-voting entry, listed under the spoiler cut:
    Perspectives by Thumper09 (Darin Stanic, Ryyok, Fyxod)

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on January 23, 2021. (You’ll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about January 24 or 25 (barring all RL catastrophe).

And here's what the winner will get: the opportunity to come up with this thread's next challenge! (I am glad to work with you on the latter if it would be helpful—just shoot me a PM.)

Happy reading and voting! :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  9. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Just a reminder that there is now one week left to get your votes in! :D

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  10. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hi everyone! Just today, tomorrow, and Saturday left for voting in our current challenge! Once again, votes are due Saturday the 23rd at 11:59 pm PST. Send ’em right to this sock!

Kahara likes this.
  11. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And now just today and tomorrow! Get 'em in, get 'em in! :D

12. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Thank you to all who voted in our Winter 2020–21 OC Challenge! It’s time to share the results. We had some great entries and the voting was very close this time, but we did have a winner, and that winner is:

Congratulations and give yourself a hand, @madman007! =D= You get to come up with this thread’s next challenge—the sock will be in touch with you about that by PM shortly. And many thanks and well done to all who took part! :)

(A note on the posting schedule of the next challenge: our winner is of course free to get it to me whenever he’s able, but basically, the sooner I get it, the more likely it can go up immediately. If it comes in much later, that’s fine and we can still post it—but in that case I might have to delay it somewhat so that it staggers well with the OTP thread’s challenges. Just a heads-up!)

Thank you all once again for another awesome OC Revolution Challenge! =D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations!! It was a very memorable and poignant entry!

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations to @madman007 and well done by all the authors! Great job, all! =D=

15. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    [​IMG]

OMG, thanks so much to those who voted for me, and good job to all the authors ! I'll have to think on the next challenge.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  17. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
  18. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Congratulations to @madman007 and the rest! @};- Very much enjoyed reading every one of these entries.

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Congratulations [mention]madman007 [/mention]!!! That was an amazing fic. Also well done to everyone who took part - there were lots of great stories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    New challenge time, everybody! For our 1st Quarter 2021 Challenge, our last winner, @madman007, has provided us with something I think we all could use right about now...

[face_laugh]THE COMEDY CHALLENGE![face_rofl]
    And madman007 adds that those methods of comedy are of course just suggestions and you’re not at all limited to them—any type of comedy is welcome here! Ditto any era of the SW timeline, any canonicity (including AUs), and non-SW fandoms, too. The only limit is, as always, the TOS.

Stories are due in the usual eight (8) weeks, on Monday, March 22, at 11:59 pm (23:59) PST. Let either madman007 or me know if you have any questions. And above all, HAVE FUN! [face_dancing]

Challenge Index
    Paronomasia by Kit'
    What If They Could Speak for Themselves? by Anedon and Adalia-Durron
    Like One of the Family by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    HK-47 and the Super Evil Chaos Twins of Evil by ViariSkywalker

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  21. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Challenge answered - hopefully it's actually funny.

Also, at least the food poisoning was good for something.

Paronomasia starring Estra, Nicco and Zallie.

Summary: Nicco warns his sister not to put herself or her new baby in danger, as Del goes on a rampage with his new found power...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  22. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Excellent, an entry already! Got it in the index! :)

Kahara likes this.
  23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  25. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Two more entries, how swell is that! [face_dancing] Got them in the index now—thank you both so much. :)