main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Ocean View Cafe (Candlewood OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Apr 7, 2018.

1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Haha, I loved how you avoided suspecting the cutie. Very authentic male reaction. [face_laugh]

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    GM Note:

Don't worry, we are not shutting down the game! But players have been leaving and characters dying and now we have a much smaller cast as we used to be. Some storylines will be impossible to play through and in general I think our game has now reached a point where there is no way back (or out) for some characters.

So the game gets a bit shorter and we are now approaching the endgame of it. Expect scares and body count to rise from here.

I just wanted to let people know I plan to conclude Candlewood by April 19 (one year exactly after it's start) and until then I will push forward storylines.

Thanks for all your great posts and let's do this ...

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Ready for the finale. Give us your worst, @SirakRomar

4. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I will be away for a few days. LordT has again offered to take over. ;)

DarkLordoftheFins likes this.
  5. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I just read through the game and what happened since my exit ... next time I won't be talked into an early exit by you @SirakRomar. Even with all the leaving players (fools if you ask me) it all comes together so perfectly. For me one of the great ones ... good luck with the finale @DarkLordoftheFins. Got the feeling you need it.

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Thank you, TSG. I still think your death was a great and powerful scene to introduce my villains. But we all learn, do we?

I promise this will not be too cozy for my last FBI agent standing.

7. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    This is one hell of a suspenseful finale you guys got going there. Lurking it with great pleasure!

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Sirak gives me little rest ... forward! To hell!

9. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ready for the finale? We enter the final and rather short chapter. It is only you and me now, Fin!

10. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Oh, I can't wait to see this happening. Tonight it is?

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Yes. Tonight it is!

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Ready when you are ...

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    And it is a wrap!

Thanks everybody for playing and special thanks to @DarkLordoftheFins for delivering another amazing performance as my natural lesson man and reluctant hero!

Also thanks for staying with me Fins. Highly appreciated.

And that is it ... the story of Candlewood has come to it's bloody and explosive end!

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    It was honestly my pleasure!

What an amazing dark ending. Don't let the players dropping out fool you, this game was simply great! Quality storytelling and you really did pull of the Horror part unlike anybody before you.

Was a great joy playing! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Wonderful job you two!

=D=

16. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Yes, that was quite a game.

I think to be honest it was quite a milestone. It showed not only the potential of these boards ... but also it's limits. Certain games are best done somewhere else ...

In the aftermath I regret having left early to make room for players who appreciated less what you did there. For me this was quite much one of those rare perfect runs until suddenly players wanted to get out ... but see who didn't care?

John Carver and his ghostly puppeteer @DarkLordoftheFins. Great run there, Fin. You turned the game into something where I suddenly appreciated all the distracting side-characters were gone and we could finally watch the hero do what he was always meant to do. Safe the world!

Great finale @bothofyou

17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    True.

But let us not dwell on Candlewoods troubles but celebrate the first even Horror game concluded on these boards!

18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Honestly, my first game I ever concluded as a GM. Almost 500 posts also not a short one ... I am a bit proud we saw this through to conclusion.

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Welcome to the Club!

Your update schedule could be a role model for all of us. Seriously. I loved how quickly high quality updates came out.

Despite the leaving players, you also managed to conclude most of your plots. Masters Case was solved, Wilson plot concluded, the possession plot was wonderfully brought to a finale. Observatory and ancient Indian caves.

Only the monster felt like there might have been more about it. But wit hit being buried underground I can work.

So a well-rounded and not easy to tell plot brought to fitting dark and horrorfying conclusion. As LordT said, our first horror game concluded here.

Great work.

20. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    A very well done conclusion, and a fun game.
    Congratulations @SirakRomar on seeing it through to the end.:)

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Thank you everybody!

So we had our ups and downs, but all in all I got the game I hoped for ... a true horror game. That was what I was after.

So thank you all for participating!

Considering the mixed reception I won't do a sequel to be honest, but there is someone who might. At least there might be a game set in the same universe as Candlewood. I leave it to that particular person to reveal more ...

Until then ... it was my pleasure!

- Claire

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Same thing from my side.

TheSithGirly and me actually mused over a more laid back sidequel called or codenamed "Laugh" right now. Set in the neighbour city of Candlewood called Martin's Beach. No idea if it will happen ... but just wanted to tell people we toy with the idea. Probably nowadays not a game that generates a lot interest. But you know me ... if I find something interesting I give it a try ...

DarkLordoftheFins likes this.
  23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Got no character to reprise (not even if it is a prequel), but hell I would love to return to that world Sirak created.

24. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    It was an idea I played with, but let us face it. This will probably not take off around here. Candlewood ended being pretty niche to say it politely.

So "Laughs" will probably be for the GM Group one day as one of those games you never played.