main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Officail Wallpaper Competition 2006 ( First Theme = The OT)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NARRABIE, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NARRABIE

NARRABIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2005
    Ok I no the first competition was a complete diasater so I have made a few changes.

Rules:
    1. You will post a wallpaper on the chosen theme above, of these sizes only please:
    * 640x480 | 800x600
    * 1024x768 | 1152x864
    * 1280x960 | 1280x1024
    * 1400x1050 | 1600x1200

* 1280x480 | 1280x800
    * 1440x900 | 1600x600
    * 1680x1050 | 1920x1200
    * 2048x768 | 2304x864
    * 2560x960 | 2560x1024

2. After 1 week all the entries will be posted on 1 post and you will vote by posting the name of the person you think deserves to win. You can vote for yourself. You can only vote once. Every day or 2 I will post the scores so far.

3. if there is a tie HanSolo29 will make a desicion.

If you are not happy or have any questions post here and I will be happy to help.

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    [image=http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/5952/ct5kt.jpg]

:)

3. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Great. I wish you luck

4. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    By "CT" do you mean Original Trilogy?

5. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Yes CT stands for Classic Trilogy. Sorry if that was uncleae

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Thanks for the PM Narrabie - I'll have to squeeze in some time to make one up :)

7. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    I'll see if I can throw something together in the next day or so. And yes, thanks for the email. :D

8. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    No Problem. Can't wait 4 your entry.

9. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    1 entry. Is that all.

10. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    For me, CT stands for Clone Trooper....

Ouch :p

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Alright, here we go. I'd been working on this for a while and just finished it up today :D

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/ANH%20Leia%20Collage.jpg]

12. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Great. Remember that 2 morrow is the last day 2 post.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think you may have to extend the deadline if we don't get more entries.

14. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    I hope this isn't too late. KOTOR 2 has kept me very occupied lately. :p

[image=http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9089/ctwallpaper4lw.jpg]

Well, there it is. I accidentally came up with the idea to 'reflect' Leia and Luke in Vader's helmet. I was gonna add text, but I think it looks plenty good without it. :D

15. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very cool backgrounds.

16. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    =D= Hey, they're all very cool.

Unfortunetly I'm very ill, won't submit something here. Sorry Narrabie! :(

17. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Ok as we have only 3 entries i extened the deadline to Sunday

18. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/Ell_the_Ewok/otwallaper.jpg]
    Thought I'd give it a shot. And before anyone says anything, getting rid of Seb Shaw in the DVD was THE WORST SE CHANGE EVER its worse than having Greddo shoot first! I hated Hayden in there so he's not in this, this is the Original Trilogy, the way Originaly was.

heres a usable version if you like it.

19. YellowDart

YellowDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    This is my first post in the fan art area, and the OT isn't exactly my favorite topic, but I tried to make a wallpaper for this contest :).

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/YellowDartVader/star%20wars%20other/vaderwall.jpg]

20. Hack

Hack Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    Okay, it's Tuesday... I've been watching this expecting another crash and burn. Suprise, suprise... Besides my expectations I didn't have time to devote to making a wallpaper.

NARRABIE, if you want this to work you need to be more active. Having that full post of all of them in one place should have been done yesterday if not at the stroke of midnight sunday. A better idea would be to keep a running list of all of them in the first post. It shows involvement and results instead of participants staring at their posts and getting nothing out of it.

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Let's be nice, folks. I understand this must be frustrating to some of you, but this still has the potential to work out. NARABIE has mentioned that she is busy and I can understand that. Demanding that she update the thread at the stroke of midnight is a bit much. Please give her a chance and let's have fun with this. :)

22. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    um, can someone PM me and show me how to make these things? they're really cool. [face_hypnotized]

thanks!
    -SoL @};-

23. Hack

Hack Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    It wasn't a demand... I meant it as a suggestion, but if she can't attend to it properly then she needs to postpone the deadline or appoint another "sponsor" for the "competition."

She had the initiative to suggest this I just haven't seen the follow through yet. Two days later and I have to hear from you that she's busy... [face_worried]

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I completely understand and I apologize for misinterpreting you. I'm currently swapping PMs with her and that's when she said about being more busy than she thought. Hopefully we'll be hearing from her soon. :)

25. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    I was gone all weekend, I checked the board last night for the thread and had to look on the second page for it. I really want this to succeed and all, but it seems so slow moving... I can really see where Hack is coming from. I'll also admit I was uncertain about dedicating time to make a Wallpaper for a compeition that seemed to be failing. But I'd like to see this idea succeed so I decided to participate.

If Narabie doesn't have the time needed to dedicate to this project, perhaps someone else who is willing and able should take over until she can do more with it. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to usurp her or take her idea or anything, but if it comes down to that I would be more than willing to keep things going until she has more time.

It's up to you HanSolo29. I'll help however I can. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.