main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICAL Shameless Self Premotion Thread! The BEST shameless self premotion thread on the 'net!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gutter_Monkey, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gutter_Monkey

Gutter_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Hi, my name is Gutter Monkey, and as you have seen this is the offical shameless self premotion thread for my fanfics and activites around the various boards.

First up:
    My first fanfic, Orphan Of The Empire, has just been updated! Come on by and post your opions on my story!

SEE the transformation of a loyal son of the Empire to a dangerous Rebel opritive!

MARVEL at the exploits of Chaden Miriona, one man agianst an Empire of Evil!

and on this site, but not on my story...

WONDER at the melodrama of shameless self glorification!

ALL THIS AND MORE ON THIS THREAD!
    (anyone else who wants to sink to my level is welcome to post here as well.)

2. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Hehehe. *ahem* See my bio for my fanfics!

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    *cough* Yeah. What Mcily said.

4. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
    Yea, but I'm loser enough to make a whole thread that kisses my own ass.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm not the best!

I'm not loved by all!

But I like writing and have some people who like what I do!

I'd be tickled crimson if you read what I wrote!

My favorite story of mine is "All the Wrong Places" about A/A's love story and the fall of Anakin Skywalker.

"The Ties That Bind" is a very, well, I won't use the word fun because it's dark, but it's a fascinating AU.

"The Other Half" is a trilogy that's as AU as they come. From a war crimes trial for the Skywalker twins through the rest of the trilogy upon the stipulation that Luke is a Sith, it explores a side of all characters that we rarely see.

My collabs are "Strands of Time," "A Knight of the Order," "Ruins of Love", "To Follow My Destiny", "Flight of the Jedi", and others that I can't think of right now!

I'm leaving in 10 days, so don't worry if you haven't read me; you'll have a year and a half to catch up!

6. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I wrote Flight of the Jedi, too! *shamelessly triesd to cash in on Ishy's fame*

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    WHAT??? :mad: Ish, you ARE one of the best writers here, and you ARE loved! [face_love] :D [face_love] ::hugs Ish:: And you are going to be TERRIBLY missed this year! :_|

OK, I'll promote myself too... :p (The links to my stories are in my bio) I still consider myself as a beginning writer, and I don't have many stories.

My fanfic writing started with contribution to two round robins, "Star Wars meets Earth" and "Star Wars meets Earth JA" (which is a sequel to the first one), but a couple of months ago, I stopped writing there. Maybe I'll continue later, but now I'm very busy.

My very first fanfic, "The Force Guiding", is now complete. I know it's bad, but it was my first try to write something on my own. [face_blush] :p It's an OC story, set in JA time, and Qui and Obi play also rather big roles in there.

My second fanfic, "Believe the Unbelievable", ended with a disaster (I locked it). No wonder, I only got this impulse at the beginning, and I didn't have a reasonable plot (and it was AGAIN a SW meets Earth type).

And then I met Ish.

She agreed to do "To Follow My Destiny" with me as my co-writer and a beta. It's an AU - what if Luke was raised by Obi and Padme on Tatooine and Leia stayed with Vader? [face_devil] Now that Ish leaves, I'll have to finish it alone, plus find a VERY good beta... ;)

Ish also helped me join the "Strands of Time" authors (Ish, AngelQueen, LadyKenobi, Amidala_Skywalker, and jade_angel), so now I'm also the co-writer of "Strands of Time: Choice of Fate".

Friendship with Am proved to be dangerous. In one of *THOSE* conversations we have on AIM (in fact, that was the FIRST one of *THOSE* convos), while she was writing a COF post, I persuaded her to a ... rather uncanny... :D scene involving Obi, Sabe, and Eirtae. And also one crazy, twisted, weird idea was born there...

... an idea for "Me, my Padawan, his girlfriend, and a bunch of handmaidens", shortly MMPHGAABOH, called "MMPH! GAH! BOMB!" by Ish. :D There's a warning on the first page, so read it VERY carefully before continuing. That story can cause a permanent damage to you! ;)

I recently joined the co-author group (AngelQueen, Jairen, Pallas, and Neon) writing a story about Padme being Force-sensitive and trained in the Jedi Temple (it doesn't have a title yet).

I'm also Am's all-knowing beta and I help her with her "If the Mask Fits" trilogy. I have a few fics planned for this year, mostly a big post-NJO project (for which I must do some research, because I haven't read any NJO yet... ;) ).

Well, and that's about it. :D

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    By the Sea Shore

A Master-Padawan trip to the beach, featuring many wonderfully original and quirky characters, with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn in the background.

Fun in the sun! Sculptures in the sand! Love's Labour Lost!

The merry lives of An-Paj's wives!

Standard-issue Jedi bathing suits versus strinkinis!

A girl who who refers to a certain padawan as Romeobi Kenobi!

Another girl who dreams of slaughtering him!

Buzz and Swoop, the mischievous Toydarian Twins!

May-Re Su!

All this and much more, brought to you by the incredible writing talents of HaiGan, Mistress Renata, JediGirlof Corellia, princess-sari, Imzadi, Jane Jinn, Jodiwent, and Qoataza!

9. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Ooh, a place to officially cheat. Well, I am going to drop a few lines for my favorite current.

JEDI BOUNTY

A bounty hunter has orders to capture a Jedi that is getting a bit to close to the truth.

But when they meet, who will control who?

Who's will is stronger?

Will they join forces or go for each other's throats?

And last but not least, will I ever stop asking questions that only I know the answers to?!!!!!

Go to the story to find out!!!!!

Link in my profile.

I'm done now.......

[face_blush]

10. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *grin*

I AM FRUITY, MASTER OF ALL THAT IS INSANE AND PSYCHOTIC! FEAR ME, MORTALS!

My fanfics (finished or in progress):

The revised, edited version of Nobody Wants to be Lonely, a Skywalker family AU which will eventually become a trilogy (if I can ever get around to writing the sequel...)

Quality Time, an extremely short fic that takes place between ESB and ROTJ. Luke begins to hear voices, which are unfortunately familiar...

As I Bid Thee Farewell, another short story involving Padme giving birth to Luke and Leia, giving them up, the developing of a disease that will ultimately kill her, and her escape to exile on Dantooine.

As I Draw My Final Breath, a sequel of sorts to As I Bid Thee Farewell. Padme's death, and Luke, Leia, and Vader's reactions.

Surviving Fate: What if Amidala Survived the Prequel Trilogy, one of my all-time faves. Basically, it's a re-write of the OT, but with Padme tied in as a member of the Rebel Alliance. All of it follows the basic plotlines of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ.

A Mother's Love, Padme stays with Luke on Tatooine to raise him. A dark story full of chills, thrills, and an ultimately depressing ending. However, there is some light moments, including a contrasting "parent-trap" scene. Well worth the read.

Coruscant Academy, a sweet little story about Luke and his Daddy-dearest. A treat for all you Luke and Vader fans out there ;)

A Week With the Skywalker/Solos, now here's a story that I can honestly say I had loads of fun writing. Many of my devoted readers know me through this story, and it was my true claim-to-fame. This is the most psychotic, insane, completely and utterly craziest story you will ever read. WARNING: I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MISCARRIGES, SPILLED DRINKS ON YOUR KEYBOARD, OR RUINED NASAL PASSAGES DUE TO EXTREME, INTENSE LAUGHTER.

A Year With the Skywalker/Solos, the round-robin sequel to AWWTS/S. Some very talented authors have posted here, and it's an honor to be able to say that I have worked with them to make this saga everyone's, and not just my own.

A Christmas With the Skywalker/Solos, the third installment in the Skywalker/Solo saga. This was a solo project, and though I love my AYWTS/S co-authors, this was something that I wished to work on by myself. Once again, I'm not responsible for any of the hazards involved with laughing your butt off.

In Things Rich & Strange, a weird Ani/Ami fic. I figured I might as well ;)

My Soul's Existence, a spooky Ami/Vader AU. Vader is given the ultimate task.... Let's just say he's none too happy about it.

Those are all my best fanfics. I have started others... hmm, what were they called again? Here On Earth or something. I am not proud of those stories, and I hope you never find them, for your sake.

11. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
    Hey! I started this thing as a publicity stunt so that more pepole would read and post thier opions on my story! Nobody has done so yet! :mad:
    I'M NOT LOVED! WHAAHHHHH! :_|

Oh well. I'm glad to see that this thread has taken off so well.

[shameless] But seriously, go read my story and post you opinion on it. I could really use the feedback, and even if you dont post, you can still read the best fanfic on the 'net [/shameless]

12. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    See my bio for links!

Read the exploits of Melyanna's original character, Danae Fel, in Worlds Apart!

Thrill to the adventures of Tirreo and Cedron, two OC Jedi Knights, in the collaboration The Eternal Vow!

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll hate me for killing off so many characters in the NJO AU trilogy: Parting, Refuge, and Home!

And coming very soon: Discover what might have been in Edge of the Night!

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    I have a story! I have loyal readers who love it, but I could use more!

I've got original characters!

I've got established characters!

I've got dramatic action!

I've got suspense!

I will have romance, but it may be a while...

I've got a link in my signature!

14. TheHarbinger

TheHarbinger Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
  15. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I am ThatJediGirl. Many people know me here, and I am known as the girl who says non-relevant things and have written one solo story called:

~*~ The Meaning Of Love ~*~

It is about Padme, Anakin, and Obi Wan. The troubles that life has brought them and what they must do when something horrible is thrown in their life. Angst/Romance.

The readers seemed to enjoy it, but it's not my best stuff.

For all the readers of TMoL:

The sequel, Falling From Light, is being written. And if you wish to read it- PM me.

Falling From Light is in working progress and I hope to post it in the near future. It is a dark, dark fic that has much angst and despair.

16. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I?m the most egotistical! Read my stories!

In the Shadow of the Ivory Tower (in progress) (Drama)
    This is not a story of redemption or hope. This is not a story of heroism or courage. This is a story of a young man, a Sith Lord destined to shape the galaxy. This is a story of a young woman, a Jedi Knight on whom the fate of that man balanced. This is a story of how the best of intentions can pave the darkest of roads.
    Main characters: Palpatine, Phaedra (original character), Erebus (original character)

Novel Length:
    Dark Mirror (Action)
    Twenty years have passed since the battle of Endor. It was a battle in which Princess Leia Organa, the last of the Jedi knights, was slain by Emperor Luke Skywalker. It was a battle in which the Imperial fleet, led by Grand Admiral Solo, crushed the Rebel fleet. The Empire has since conquered the whole of the galaxy, and even the farthest reaches of the Unknown Regions have fallen under Imperial dominion. The Empire, needing to expand in order to remain stable, sets its sights further. They invade another reality, another dimension. One in which it was the Rebellion who won at Endor, Han Solo and Leia Organa are married, Luke Skywalker has reestablished the Jedi Order and married Mara Jade, and in which the Empire is at peace with the Republic. Now the hero?s, villains and rogues of the two galaxies face their most resourceful and dangerous enemies yet? Themselves.
    Main characters: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, Jacen Solo, Danni Quee, Gilad Pellaeon, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Miat Temm, Winter, Jaina Solo, Moridin Tharen (original character), Ebon Pitt (original character), Imowyn Rasa (original character), Han Solo, Leia Organa, Baron Soontir Fel, Anakin Solo, R2D2 and C3P0, Face Loran

Phoenix (Action/Romance)
    Mara Jade is sent to infiltrate the rebels and assassinate Luke Skywalker, but comes down with amnesia before she can complete her mission. Not knowing who she is or what her purpose is, she falls in love with Luke.
    Main Characters: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade

Vignette:
    What Dreams may come? (Drama)
    Mara Jade, the Emperors Hand, is granted a brief vision of what her future will be.
    Main characters: Mara Jade

Jar Jar's Duel of Fates (Humor)
    What if Jar Jar Binks had been the one fighting Darth Maul?
    Main characters: Jar Jar Binks, Darth Maul

The Day in the Life series:
    A Day in the Life of Emperor Palpatine (Humor)
    A Day in the Life of Obi Wan Kenobi (Humor)
    A Day in the Life of Luke Skywalker (Humor)
    A Day in the Life of Anakin Skywalker (Humor)
    A series of days in the lives of various Star Wars characters.

17. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Ah come on Monkey, I'm sure you have fans. And if you don't a fan base WILL eventually grow. Just remember if I can have a fan following you should have no problem getting one.

18. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
    Yea, maybe. Hopefully my newist update will help with that cause.

So, go read my NEWLY UPDATED story, Orphen of the Empire (I'd put a link in, but I dont know how. :(

19. Gutter_Monkey

Oct 15, 2001
    YEA! I finally found out how to link my fanfic! Now GO READ IT AND POST!

20. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *Shamelessly enteres the thread* I can never resist the temptation of shamelessness ;)

May I introduce the first fics I put up on the board, the Jysella Horn Duology!

I, The Jedi's Daughter At the tender young age of 16, Jysella Horn learns the ways of the Force, meets her first love, and generally drives her father crazy.

What More Kissing Leads To Two years after I, The Jedi's Daughter, Jysell marries Rand Thoran, only to have him sent away on a mission soon after. The months drag by in which Jysella learns she is pregnant, and that Rand has turned up missing. Jysella has no choice but to go against Master Skywalker's wishes and go rescue him herself, being 8 months pregnant.

Second we have my longest fic so far: Galaxy's Reflection

During the Vong wars Luke and Mara lose their son Mark. Little did they know an Earthling, Anthony Hamill, took their son to fabled Earth in order to save his life.

Mark, raised by the Hamills, took the starring role in the new movie Star Wars: A New Hope completely unaware that the movie was based off of fact, not fiction. And that he was portraying his own father.

Through the secret organization EGR (Extra Galaxial Relations) positioned on both the New Republic and Earth, father and son are reunited. But not without consequence.

And now for my newest, and last novel length fanfic: Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten

Shortly after the Vong have been defeated the New Republic is slowly rebuilding. The Jedi are split into two orders, Kyp Durrons' and Luke Skywalkers'. Luke encourages his Jedi to follow the light, while Kyp teaches his to follow both the Dark and the Light, creating a "Grey" order. Kyp belives using the Light and Darkside is the only way to balance the Force, and as the self proclaimed Chosen One, he feels it is his duty to do so.

Naboo, believed to be destroyed when Palpatine comes into power resurfaces, (having used a Falanassi to create the illusion of a devestated world) but not without caution. King Richard Naberrie sends his son to investigate the New Republic incognito to determine their trustworthiness.

Jedi Masters Corran Horn and Luke Skywalker rescue a young woman encased in carbonite from her would be abductors. Due to a horribly tramautic experience, the girl has lost her memory. Discovering Force sensitivity in her, Corran takes her on as an apprentice hoping to uncover the mysteries of her past. But everything he learns about her is more baffling then the first, from her extensive Force training, to the slim braid that hangs over her right shoulder.

Meanwhile a mysterious hunter is killing of the Jedi, two by two.

And, finally, my short little one post viginette: From Father to Son

During one of Ben's late night feedings, Luke decides to tell him all about his father, unaware of a ghostly visitor...

21. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    Ooh. Self-promotion. My favorite. :D

The Circle

It was the Battle of Endor. It was the final stand of a defiant, desperate rebellion. It was the day when heroes were born, martyrs were made, and a Sith lord fell.

It was the day when the last Jedi fought his own darkness --

-- and lost.

Twenty-five years after hope died, the remnants of the Rebellion stumble across one final chance at victory. As three generations continue an ancient struggle, a band of unwilling heroes closes on the center of a destructive prophecy -- and a young mechanic named Ben Darklighter finds himself confronting the destiny he never wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.