main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow! This thread brings back memories. Speaking of speculation, how about this prediction by GGrievous from way back in 2010...
    Ahhh...good times!

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm glad he was wrong :D

rumblewagon and Skydoll like this.
  3. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    Me too.

rumblewagon and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am pretty sure GGrievous would still have liked that prediction to come true. :p

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    To each their own.

6. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

An interesting take. Considering what happened at the Sith Temple during that last episode of Rebels, it's debatable that Ahsoka could've death blow to Anakin if given the opportunity.

8. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

My belief is that if Ahsoka didn't leave the order, Anakin would indeed resist the dark side nonetheless consequences would be dire, even more so. With Ahsoka being there at Anakin's side during all that transpired in RotS, they would both perish along with other jedi and Palpatine would rule the galaxy uncontested - remember that in the end, light side won because of none other than Vader.

Then again, opinions on this will differ greatly mainly because Anakin's fall and the reasons behind it were established long before the character of Ahsoka was even created. With that being the case, it is very hard to definitely state if Ahsoka could have prevented Anakin's descent to the dark side.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I think the point of the video was to suggest that the only way she could have prevented his descent to the dark side completely was by killing him.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Well if the Jedi were attempting a coup maybe she would have gone with Anakin in to the temple

11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If she had stayed in and stayed at his side there is a possibility she would have ridden that loyalty train all the way down to the Dark Side herself.

Not that Palps would want that at all. A turned Anakin as a new superpowerful Sith apprentice suits him fine. A turned Anakin with a turned Ahsoka in tow isn't good for him at all, since it makes it much more likely the two of them will gang up on Palps and try overthrowing him sooner rather than later.

12. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

Eh, but killing off Ahsoka would make such an excellent test of Sith Apprentice loyalty. Perhaps more so than killing off a bunch of children that Anakin probably didn't personally know or care about.

If that scenario were to pass, I think we could have trusted in Sheev to find an emotional advantage over Vader (that's what it's all about, right?) from that momentary bad situation. He could have made up whatever he wanted as a reason to request her demise, and scored some bonus points if he could falsely implicate early rebels or the Jedi. It was telling to hear Sheev lodge no virtually no opinion on the survival of "the Apprentice" on Rebels; maybe he thinks in 15 years Vader has sufficiently proven his devotion?

AshiusX likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Or Palpatine could've recruited Ahsoka to be a lead Inquisitor.

Skydoll likes this.
  14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I have doubts of whether Palps would want her around in any capacity, even as an inquisitor. Simply because of how close she was to Anakin.

Palpatine doesn't want anyone around whose closeness to Vader could rival his own hold over him. It would always be in the back of his mind that Vader might try enlisting Ahsoka to help overthrow him.

Vialco and La Calavera like this.
  15. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    I think that if Ahsoka didn't leave the Order when she did, she wouldn't have lived as long. It was only by benefit of long experience that she held her own the way she did against Vader in Twilight. If she'd encountered a newly-minted Vader on Mustufar, I doubt even Obi-Wan could've saved her. It's always fun to speculate, but I doubt anybody apart from Obi-Wan could've bested Anakin/Vader on that occasion. Even if she'd somehow been left behind on Coruscant so Obi-Wan still faced NewVader on his own, Palpy would've seen to it that Ahsoka was among the first Jedi killed as he knew how potentially dangerous she was to him.

If by some miracle she escaped - and she's pretty good at escaping - Palpy still would've hunted her down. I doubt, at that stage, she could've been turned, but that's also an area that it's fun to speculate upon.

I think that leaving the Jedi Order when she did was entirely the correct thing for her to do, no matter how exceptionally hard it must've been. Dramatically, it also makes the most sense - she literally removed herself from the stage and out of Palpy's sight. It's a side-effect that she remained safe (did she? I guess the forthcoming Ahsoka novel will shed light on that) as an official ex-Jedi.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  16. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Somehow I doubt she was staying safe. Perhaps moving quickly enough that the Empire had difficulty spotting her; perhaps maintaining some anonymity. But staying out of the action doesn't sound like Ahsoka... This is the same young lady who quit the Jedi Order, making dramatic exit for us all, only to be scheduled to return on TCW regards to the Pykes and Mandalorians later on. Her soul and her training compel her to help others, and this process tends to pull one out of "safety."

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Biggest issues I have with Ahsoka and her story is that she apparently never trained an apprentice herself, and only quasi does & sporadically trains both Kanan and Ezra, much of which is apparently through inspiration and motivational and even that is very limited as they need to really go to Malachor via Yoda. Yoda and Kenobi and Ahsoka apparently never got together to try and bring down Sidious and Vader a year or two after ROTS?! Why didnt Yoda find a padawan(or complete Tano's training) when he seems proactive to developing Ezra and Kanan, why did he just give up but not really give up?! Why didnt Yoda just tell Ahsoka to go there directly to Malachor if it was so pivotal to have a showdown between her and Vader this could've occurred years ago. Ahsoka is so powerful yet she can't sense Maul on Malachor but she can sense Vader in a Tie?! Why would Yoda send them to that evil Sith planet of Malachor in the first place as all of them are questionable and subject to the Dark Side(Ahsoka not an exception), just to have them all kill eachother or show them the horrors of war so they give up or to pass Ezra over to Maul so the Sith can destroy themselves and the Jedi can creep back into power the seesaw ways of the Jedi and Sith?

Or why didnt Ahsoka talk to Yoda sooner if she was in contact with Bail?! Did she feel unworthy and sacrilegious for entering a Jedi temple for decades where she would've melted if sat foot inside a temple?! All those years prior to Season One Ahsoka never trained any youngling despite the fact she saves them but does not recruit anyone other than Kanan and Ezra?! Am not quite sure I buy it. Ahsoka having a few different cells of Master and Padawan teams spread out I could get more behind, and maybe explains why she was absent much of the time - just that Ezra and Kanan were somehow more special or shown more prominence in the Force. But all in all, I don't think Ahsoka was that well handled on the show. She's also instrumental in the Rebel Network but again she's largely absent and did not even jump into an A-Wing to fight off Vader and save her fleet, for that Hera was to the rescue in that big piece of junk The Ghost that seemed more there to call back to the Millennium Falcon rescuing Luke from Vader.

Hypatia likes this.
  18. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    The way I see it, after season 5 Ahsoka doesn't want to fully associate with the Jedi. She respects them to a point but doesn't identify with them enough to either seek them or embrace their way again. As far as her "saving youngling", well first they're not youngling, they're Force Sensitive babies which is not the same. And I don't believe she saves them because she plans to make Jedi out of them, but simply because they are innocent children and they would be turned into Dark Side weapons if captured by the Inquisitors, and who apart from the Empire would want that?

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

While she never was given an independent apprentice of course, she was still given an arc with the Younglings.

[​IMG]

20. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    Eh? I thought a Jedi could only take on a Padawan once they'd been given the rank of Knight. Ahsoka never ascended above the rank of Padawan - to my knowledge. Which isn't to say she couldn't have honed and learned new skills beyond what what she knew - and we know she was considered a very highly advanced Padawan. Had she stayed with the Order, she'd have been conferred the status of Knight by the end of the Clone Wars, I reckon. She didn't, but she most certainly became an independent operator of some great skill and ability. We've seen what she was like with younglings and the values she held dear. It's entirely possible she took on other trainees at some later date. But of course, they wouldn't be "Jedis..."

As to her relationship with Yoda - there are questions here, yeah. I'd love to know what her relationship with both Obi-Wan and Yoda was after Order 66. Maybe she has issues with Yoda that she's overcome by the time of Rebels. We know Yoda feels guilt over her leaving the Order in his final TCW arc. He feels like he failed her. Lot of unwritten stuff there - maybe we'll get some illumination on that from the forthcoming novel.

21. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016

Wasn't she literally about to be knighted at the end of the "Wrong Jedi arc". Mace and the other masters say something along the lines of "overcoming your trials" and "proving your innocence" and this a "true sign of a Jedi Knight".

22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    If I remember correctly when they offered her the chance to comeback to the order I believe they did say she had passed her Jedi Trials, so yeah I think the Council was going to promote her.

In lieu of what went down with Order 66, I think she made the right call getting out of dodge. Does make me more curious about her upcoming Novel.

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    She doesn't even do that. It was a such a glaring omission in the show that someone who revealed herself because of Ezra will not teach him or Kanan.

24. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    Yeah, you're right. I'd forgotten that - they were all a bit smug and self-satisfied that she'd come through, not realizing what damage had been done to her trust. It was her disillusionment and disappointment that propelled her out of the door.

She definitely made the right call. I hope the novel explores that a bit and isn't just a filling-in-the-blanks exercise. They have to cover her history, I guess, but I think there's an opportunity to do something interesting with Ahsoka's "survivor's guilt." That, and - how d'you come back from knowing that one of your best friends tried to frame you for mass murder?

25. tcw7567

tcw7567 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2017