main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Anakin Skywalker in the Clone Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediLight, Nov 17, 2008.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sure there's a Palpatine thread somewhere.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin = AWESOMENESS

minnishe likes this.
  3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    For some he is, for me he is meh at best.

He did rock in the Maridun episodes.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Maridun? were those the little monkey people or....

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Yes, General Lok Durd tried to kill the lurmen people there. Anakin was awesome,

Darth Vader likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  7. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    So does anyone have any theories on how the outcome this Ahsoka Fugitive arc will effect
    Anakin's character?

I think the obvious change we can all expect is that his mistrust in the council will deepen.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Unless TCW blows the opportunity, you're correct. I wonder if it'll have any impact on the Obi-Wan and Anakin relationship - it was strained after Rako Hardeen. Does his "siding" with Ahsoka (and really, even if he's more or less "neutral" it seems that compared to the rest of the Council he's supporting Ahsoka) help heal their relationship or does his just being on the Council (and a trial "judge") only add more fractures.

Certainly the two seemed close in the beginning of ROTS.

I suspect we won't see any consequences at least in that relationship (or at least, not long lasting).

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Got a question for you guys

If General Krell was still alive and he fought Anakin, in ur opinion who would win?

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    One blade against four? On paper it doesn't sound very good but then you remember Anakin is the Chosen One so he can just channel the entire Force and whip Krell's ass.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin, he would of killed Krell for what he did to the 501st almost with his bare hands. Force choke!

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I really liked Anakin in this episode, reminded me a lot of the PT version.

CoolyFett likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was so sad for him in this arc. And yes, he was well done.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  14. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Really makes his change in episode 3 not feel so rushed, I like how it explores why he feels a certain way about the Jedi.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It does seem as if the Anakin & Ahsoka adventures are at an end. They had a good run, but her absence will be felt both IU and OOU. Now the series is likely to transition to showing more of the exploits of Anakin and Obi-Wan on their own. I'm getting a much stronger ROTS vibe from TCW now. Even the lighting in the most recent episode reminded me of the middle few scenes of ROTS set on Coruscant.

If Barriss had brought out the propane then perhaps Anakin would have been well done. :p

And yes, it was emotional. The scene when Ahsoka rejects her braid and Anakin's offer of re-admittance was very emotional. He probably feels as if he's making a big sacrifice which the JC is failing to reward.

16. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, the adventures of Anakin and Ahsoka seem to be over.......but it needed to be done for the sake of both characters.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    One blade against four? On paper it doesn't sound very good but then you remember ROTS.

18. Jerran Tankarri

Jerran Tankarri Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2013
    Anakin was totally badass in this arc, this show totally redeems his character.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakins portrayal in this arc was the best of the series. It really offered a windows into his character and the complexity of it. Transplanted from the episode thread cuz I'm lazy.

Anakin was definitely brushing against the Darkside IMO however I was impressed with how TCW handled this with Anakin using his head and showing restraint as he was trying to capture Barriss. He was angry as could be but in control and using his head. If Anakin killed her that would have been the end of it. I'm with PrincessKenobi that when the battle landing infront of the Padawan's Anakin decided to end it quick as possible in order to prevent anyone around him from getting hurt and this was where he pulled a little on the darkside in favor of working fast. That was dangerous infront of them but it was very subtle. I admit I often think Anakin is not really aware he is using darkside abilities when he does them. Anakin actually was actually quite the hero of this arc operating out of with love and using intelligence as well as his brute force. He came out looking like the only hero in the Jedi Order.

Mostly Handless and minnishe like this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree completely and this episode was a bit of foreshadowing to what Anakin will do in ROTS as well...uh-oh poor Younglings :p

21. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    It just occurred to me after watching this arc that Anakin desire to saved his loved ones is somewhat a strength while also at the same time being a weakness or flaw.
    This time he was actually able to prevent the death of someone he cared about. So it makes sense that when Revenge of the Sith comes around he thinks he can also save Padme.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Frak, that didn't actually occur to me. Those younglings probably die by Anakin's own hand in roughly 9 months time. Ouch.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh yea, more than likely.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I was glad the younglings weren't in the coffins. Now... ouch. Petrol was looking at his murderer.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Here is the fight on the Youtube