main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The *Official* Art Challenge . . Has Been Reborn!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheBalinakaBaroness, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Biggied . .

TheForce.net has a great multimedia section that I find invaluable when looking for reference images or for sampling exact character colors.

Go here:

TFN Multimedia - Images

-Otis

2. Biggied

Biggied Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    Here's my entry

Yoda

Enjoy!

3. Mojomoe

Mojomoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2002
    Alright, I might as well join in!

Here's my entry:

http://mousiedroid.tripod.com/CountDooku-Small.jpg

It didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, but it's done. Fastest I've ever done this type of image - I'll have to clock myself next time!

Post on!

Cheers,
    -C.

4. JediGoodness

JediGoodness Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    So...let me get this straight...I'm not much of a drawer, but instead I can make a graphic type collage of my favorite character...correct?

5. ADONIAH32

ADONIAH32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    Why couldn't you? It's still artwork!

6. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Good lord, Mojo! That's....INCREDIBLE!

7. Mojomoe

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey, thanks!

The likeness didn't end up how I wanted... Oh well - you can't win them all!

Cheers,
    -C.

8. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Well here's my entry, entitled "Windu":

http://www.angelfire.com/art/jabachile7/wfa/Windufinished.jpg

I think I made the saber a li'l thick, but are you getting the effect that it's on an angle not right to his side?

Oh well Mojo, you're right ;) Yours still rocks!

EDIT: Otis- I go here for ANY AOTC media. Great site for that.

I know you'll appreciate this one- see the Frank Miller/Bruce Timm influence in "Windu"? :D

9. JediGoodness

JediGoodness Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    [image=http://server40.hypermart.net/champwrestling/anakinentry.JPG]

Ehhhh.

10. OdysseyWing

OdysseyWing Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    man... all your pics are great, you're all making me look bad!

anyway, here's my anakin

[image=http://www.boomspeed.com/nexus/anakin.jpg]

11. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    Good stuff so far, guys and gals.

Might I suggest that to reduce clutter on this board that we not creat threads for individual images anymore. If you want to post an image for the Challenge, post it here. You can also create a single thread for ALL of your work. This will reduce the number of threads and keep things organized.

Thanks.

-Otis

12. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Yup, look at Mojome- he still posts all his stuff on his first post here: "A Couple of Project Sketches- Any Thoughts?"

13. CC77

CC77 LFL Artist VIP

May 6, 2002
    Here is my contribution to the Fan Art Challenge!

http://www.geocities.com/c_cummens/WeeklyArtChallenge.html

CC

14. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Look at all these posts! Oh it makes my little black heart so happy :)

Great Yoda, Biggied! I think you captured the "yoda look" - the one that says HE'S the master. ;)

And Mojo - you never cease to amaze me. Very cool Dooku. Wow.

Why do I feel like Dorothy at the end of Wizard of Oz... and Scarecrow, I'm gonna miss you most of all! Sorry, I know, I am so random.

Pretty bad*** Mace there jaba (wait, am I allowed to say that? ;) ) So riddle me this, how come Mace gets a purple blade, and everyone else is stuck with blue or green? Huh?

Thanks for joining the fun JediGoodness! Adoniah is right, and you know, digital art does have the word "art" in it - can't argue with that! ;) I hope more digital artists join in on the fun! The two blade fight with Dooku was my favorite (oh wait, after Yoda vs. Dooku! ;) )

Thanks for sharing your Anakin with us, OdysseyWing! I think it's great, and I'm glad you posted.

I really hope people get that this is NOT a competition, nor a place to judge; it's a place where we can all share, be supportive and enjoy each others ideas, art, and well, love of star wars.

Okay. End of corny speech. I swear. ;)
    Thanks all for joining in so far! Wow.
    ~Baroness

Edit: Hey CC77 - we must have posted at the same time! Great Yoda, I saw it earlier today in your other thread.

And I heartily agree with Otis, I think it's a great idea for everyone to have their own single thread instead of one per image. There were a lot of new posters today, so hopefully this is the beginning of lots of new portfolios of work!

15. Mojomoe

Jan 11, 2002
    Lessee, lessee...

...Otis, Jaba, Biggied, Goodness, Odyssey, CC, myself, Chucks -- yup, Baroness... we're waiting on your entry! C'mon, amaze us all!

I'm seriously starting to think we need a webpage for this. Nothing big, just a simple tackboard-page - Weekly challenge, date, images, weekly challenge, so on. Anyone else think this is a good idea? It wouldn't take the place of the thread, it would just serve as a dumping spot so's people wouldn't have to search for back entries. Baroness - This was kinda what I meant over in Rox' thread about a "dedicated Fan Art Muesum" - a page for us JC FA posters to toss up our own "community art"... Just the stuff that's been done in/for this forum (and it's been a lot!). I just figured it would be a neat way of differentiating ourselves from the greater TF.N Fan Arstists community at large (not *distancing*, just differentiating). Once again, this just sort of popped into my sleep deprived head - if it's a bad idea, by all means, ignore it :)

Cheers!
    -C.

16. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    eekly challenge, date, images, weekly challenge...

You said "weekly challenge" twice ;)

I love the idea! Problem- who would run it? With our own pages, we can get our works online ASAP!

Maybe we can all have a password we will pm to one another and make an angelfire account using it. Example:

Email: FanArtForum@hotmail.com
    Password: CountDookulas

17. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    I hate to disagree, but . .

I think we should keep things here.

-Otis

18. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Interesting idea Mojo. (and Jabachile!)

For the sake of laziness, and simplicity ;) I think I agree with Otis, and let's leave things as they are. Don't toss that idea out though. Once the Grand Weekly Challenge becomes legend all across the land, and people come from far and wide to check it out, maybe we can set up some kind of Archive for past Challenges? But I'd say that's waaaaay down the road. Let's see if this thing survives more than one week first!

And just a little personal tidbit for you guys - I am the QUEEN of procrastination. I'll definitely get mine done, but um, I don't know when.... ;) soon though, very soon!

~Baroness

19. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    You've got five days....starting....NOW! ;)

Take your time! Remember, we're a supportive community :)

20. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    I'm usually pretty good at the procrastination, myself. But These "weekly challenge" type thingies really put a fire under my chair. Like I said, I was involved with one last year and it was great for my artistic upkeep.

I almost feel like doing ANOTHER one, since I finished this one so quickly. Besides, AOTC has plenty of other great characters.

:D

-Otis

21. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Otis- I couldn't agree more :)

I just read "The Dark Knight Returns". I REALLY wanna do a parody of a panel from that, SW style!

Actually...I think I will!

22. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    "I just read "The Dark Knight Returns". I REALLY wanna do a parody of a panel from that, SW style!"

You've got my endorsement.

DARK KNIGHT is one of my favorite comics, ever. I'm a huge Frank Miller fan. I wish he'd get back to SIN CITY. :D

I say, go for it. I'm curious to see how you manage to merge the two.

-Otis

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice artwork, everybody! :)

This is a cool idea. So, we have until Friday to complete this week's piece? If so, I have to try to scramble to find a scanner or something.

24. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Hey Han Solo 29! It would be great to see you post something. We have until friday (I intend to take full advantage of that.... I'm lagging behind :) ). No specific time, just sometime Friday.

Hope you can find a scanner. If you don't make it for this week, we're going to be doing this every week!
    ~Baroness

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks, TheBalinakaBaroness!

I just discovered a digital camera my dad had hiding in the closet, so I should have something up this week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.