main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The *Official* Art Challenge . . Has Been Reborn!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheBalinakaBaroness, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I'll try one...

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just got Poser so I had to give it a go. Here's my entry O'kia. I'm still not done with her, but since it's friday I turned it in. I have to finish my background I'm making in Max, this background is a temp one. For those of you still using 56k the images is like 100k in size.

3. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello everybody, Here is my effort. I have cheated a little because this is my Sabre and EU character entry all in one. Check it out here:-

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/gallahermail/index.html

Oh and thanks to Baroness and Otis for the write up, loved your versions. My favourite has to be Kongzilla's though, that Jedi would kick butt. Bye now.......Danky

Sorry Baroness my entry is now Odan Urr and not Vodo, I'll keep Vodo for a rainy day.

4. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Cool Rox! OK, so I know it's not done, but I just have to laugh - A Sith in Slacks! :D So how did you do the lightsaber? Is it self-lit inside the 3D program? Actually, probably done in photoshop, right?

Hey Daankin - love your new guy. Looks like he has lots of cool little details on his armor, and all the straps and ties and things. Very nice!

Thrawn - hope to see an entry from you!

Thanksfor all the entries for this week's Challenge! Amazing. 14 Artists submitted work to the Challenge (and the day's not over yet!) ;)

Here's a repeat of this coming week's challenge:

Favourite EU character/alien
    Due Friday June 21

May be from a book, comic, cartoon or TV spin off (Holiday special, ewok/droids cartoons) or RPG. This must NOT be drawn directly from a photograph. photos may be used for accuracy reference, but do not copy a photo.

And in case you'd like a little more clarification, if you don't follow EU or anything else besides the strict canon of the 5 movies, Any Character or Alien is fine. I think the point this week is to not be a slave to your reference material. If you are a digital artist and would like to participate, go with the Character or Alien theme, and just no posting of a still from a movie - be creative with it. ;)

Sneak peek for the following week - again Character related, but the week after that will be something Mechanical.

Thanks again, everyone, for participating!
    ~Baroness

5. chucks888

chucks888 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Yikes! Almost forgot about this week's challenge!

First I gotta say that everyone has done some amazing stuff this week! Really nice job guys.

Here is mine (don't know what her name is, but it's that nice Jedi lady that is incorporated into the 'background' of this forum) I apologize for the rather distracting unfinished hand and the chopped off lightsabre, I was doing this on a scrap piece of paper:

Jedi and her weapon

Click on the thumbnail on that page. Sorry to make you jump through hoops just to see the sketch but people get "access forbidden" messages when I put the direct link on there. Another freeservers quirk I guess. Anyway, there you go. Next weeks challenge sounds fun!

edit: linkified the link
    -Chuck

6. Bethiroth

Bethiroth Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, I think I'm on a different time zone than everyone else. But my clock says 10:29pm, so I hope this is still legal! ^_^

Anakin ala Ep.2

It's just that pic of Anakin from over in my thread, but I didn't change anything in it.. I didn't have time. (been playing Ghost Hunter and graffiti artist..)
    Oh, drag'n'drop or copy'n'paste, ya'll!

Well, I'm out!

7. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I made a rather cool Anakin sketch, but it never made it (I had a show tonight...rehersals ALL WEEK!)...

Hm, I'm not much of an EU fan, but a Dash Rendar pic wouldn't hurt!

8. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Very cool Chuck! I love the negative space you left for her body. And beautiful job on the lightsaber!

Hey Bethiroth - your web service hates me. I can't get the link to work - tried everything. I couldn't get it to work in your thread either... Stupid Tripod.... ;)

Hey Jabachile! Post your Anakin anyway. I'd love to see it!

And for next week's, well, Dash Rendar is human ain't he? Doesn't qualify - must be a creature or alien. Any creature or alien. I'm gonna be pretty lenient with this one - but no humans allowed! :D

**EDIT :: My mistake, humans are allowed! It's EU Characters and Aliens, not Creatures and Aliens. Sorry folks!

~Baroness

9. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Oops, heh heh....

10. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Actually, baroness, I kinda meant 'Character'; or alien, so Dash rendar should count..

Oops..

I typed that half asleep

11. semicooke

semicooke Legacy Concept Artist star 1 VIP

Dec 1, 1998
    Early entry for next week,

Vong

A piece I already had done, but I didn't do it too, too long ago

12. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Wow Madine that's beautiful! Is it watercolor?

D'oh! You're right ArtyEwok! Not your mistake at all. I even typed Character half the time. I think I was the one half asleep and living in another time zone! :D Sorry for any confusion, folks. [face_blush]

Sorry Jabachile. Dash Rendar is Super AOK! ;)

~Baroness, aka Super Dough Head!
    Gotta love that Edit Feature! ;)

13. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Awesome! :)

14. Koto_K

Koto_K Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    This is an older piece (only a few weeks old) but I thought I'd throw this in anyway. I think she's one of the more interesting EU characters, even though her character hasn't really been used all that much.

Lumiya

15. Trev-Solo

Trev-Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    I'm working on my entry, but word of warning: it may be late, because I've got on heck of a chest cold. I'll post it when it's done reguardless though. :)

Trev

16. semicooke

semicooke Legacy Concept Artist star 1 VIP

Dec 1, 1998
    Thanks baroness, yeah it's a watercolor /gouache technique. Saw it in a mag about Alex Ross, decided to give it a try and I love it. Jabachile, picked up on it right away, atleast I think he/she did ;)

17. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Ahem, me be man!

'N yes, I did pick up on that right away ;)

18. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Oh, not merely a man..... it is the mighty
    JABACHILE!!!

an awed hush falls upon the crowd.
    ;)

19. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Hey. Slow Art Challenge week. I hope that means you are all furiously laboring away on some fantastic works of art! I've got mine started!

Hey Koto_K - cool Lumiya, btw. I don't think I've actually seen any of the stuff she's in - is it the Marvel comics? Isn't she some sith chick or something like that?

Draw! Draw like the wind, I say! ;)
    ~Baroness

20. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    Sorry, Barroness, I have a an old pick of a RPG character I used to run. I've been meaning to post it, but I keep forgetting. I'll dig it up and post it tomarrow, I promise! :)

21. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Hey, all. Yes, I'm still alive. :D

Great Lumiya. She was to be MY EU character as well. I love those old Marvel Comics, especially the later Cynthia Martin issues. I'm so glad that they're finally being reprinted.

-Otis

22. OdysseyWing

OdysseyWing Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    eu is not as popular, maybe thats why no one is entering this weeks contest?

23. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    I actually don't like EU (minus SOTE) but that's not why. I had finals this week and just ended today!

24. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    I actually love the EU, but I'm procrastinating up the Yin/Yang! And I'm almost out of time!!!! ahhhhh! Sorry Baroness, I will post for one of these challenges, but I might not make it for this one.

25. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    How about a sneek peek for next week's then!

Episode 3 Vader

Interpret that however you want. Pure unadulterated speculation. Fun, no? Courtesy of Otis - so Otis, do you have anything to add?

I was hoping to have my EU piece done today in time for a Happy Birthday post! I don't think I'm gonna make it (too much partying to be done! ;) ). Definitely by tomorrow, though... I went a little out of control with this one... :D

~Old Grandma Baroness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.