main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    what I meant is those things will happen in two separate episodes ..

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Probably- but not necessarily- last time when Bane appeared he was able to kidnap 2 children, escape three times, be prisoner of the jedi and he visited on 4 planets... within 22 minutes (Children of the Force was too fastpaced i think) So he can kidnap threepio fly to tatooine and then go to Teth (it looked like Teth) and fight Obi-Wan- but i hope there is several Bane eps instead of one fast....

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Bane seems to have green lightsaber... where is that from i wonder?:eek:

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Too bad they're giving him a lightsaber...

Bane is by far the best new character TCW has brought us.

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    It depends on how he uses the lightsaber. If he's thoroughly unskilled and swinging wildly, I can accept that. If he's moderately skilled in swordsmanship but nowhere near Jedi levels and must cheat, I can accept that too. If he's Count Dooku with blue skin, red eyes, no nose and in a space cowboy suit, that'd be a problem. :p

6. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Bane is by far the best new character TCW has brought us.

That is so true. Now, here's a cookie for you. [face_peace] :p

And as for Bane having a lightsaber, I'm actually looking forward to seeing him use it.

If he's moderately skilled in swordsmanship but nowhere near Jedi levels and must cheat, I can accept that too.

[face_thinking] You know, personally I would prefer that Bane turns out to be moderately skilled with using a lightsaber, but of course ends up cheating. Why? Well simply because I can picture Bane cheating at something like lightsaber combat, it obviously seems like something he would do.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Allow me to introduce Mr. Corey Burton...

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    You know what I mean. Still, VERY well played. :p

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    TCW already has a long history of giving lightsabers to non-jedi... Cato Parasitti, Pre Viszla... Grievous of course.... and that odd girlie which name i have forgotten... one in the Lightsaber Lost anyway... so Bane having one was expected.... maybe it's Ahsoka's since it's green.... well half of the sabers are green- but Ahsoka could be Bane's prisoner- especially if that episode somehow connects to Aurra Sing arc... Lightsaber is hard to use- perhaps Bane's "epic end" will be that he accidentally cuts his head off [face_laugh] "Ooops!"

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I know, and I didn't like any of those characters using lightsabers.

I especially don't like Bane doing it, because he's so bad-ass he doesn't need one. It's just a shame really. I don't care how skilled he is with it. It just shouldn't be necessary. Imagine Boba Fett in RotJ with a lightsaber. I mean, come on.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Why not- lightsaber is not magical "only jedi can make it work" weapon... it has button you push it and HMRRRR.... there is deadly plasmabalde for you to use- we saw non-jedi using lightsaber first time 30 years ago when Han cut out Tauntaun's guts... so it's not that odd really.... still i agree that they bit overused them- good that they didn't give one for Hondo when they made that duel- LOL Hondo could have had saber with cutlass-shaped plasma blade[face_laugh]

12. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    Probably from ahsoka ..

13. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Oh god I hope not. I do not want to see Ahsoka lose her lightsaber again, or die yet :oops:

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    It's definately not Ahsoka's. If you pause the trailer, it is too skinny and doesn't have the ball thingy at the end of it.

It is most likely Bolla Ropal's. Cad Bane did kill him, and he did have a green saber in the online comic.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The problem won't be that Bane is using one, ala Han, its that he'll be matching Jedi who have trained their whole lives with the weapon. Lightsaber fighting is suppost to require use of the Force while swordfighting.

Jedi should just use the Force to hit the off button. Or if they can totally toss around non force users with the Force why can't they just yank the weapon from a muggles hands?

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well with that logic lightsaberduels would be hitting on/off buttons all the time- it's not that easy for a jedi to control things through the force- he/she should concentrate enough to find the button through the force and feel it and then concentrate to push it with the Force- all need to happen lightning fast (it's easier for non-force user to swing the saber and kill the jedi)... master of the mindcontrol like Yoda may be able to do that (he actually does so in Ambush) or Emperor or Vader- but ordinary jedi (yes like Obi-Wan -he is not that powerful... at least yet) cannot just move things or push buttons without deep concentration which would be risky in the heat of the battle- also physical power like simple grasp is not that easy to undo with the Force- I think that it's great that jedi aren't all-powerful in this series.....

- non-force-users can match them even in duel- Jango for example was chosen to be template of clones by Dooku- because he was able to defeat dark jedi Komari Vosa without force-sensitivity of his own..... Still we haven't seen anyone but Grievous defeating jedi in duel without forcepowers (ok droidarmy killed master Di but it was not a duel)

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Did Jango use a lightsaber for that? And if we're going to look toward the EU then we have Luke Skywalker mentioning how dangerous a lightsaber is to use when one isn't trained in the Force, something to the effect of "A non force user is as likely to cut off their own arm as handle the weapon in a battle", iirc.

The issue is not if a character can beat a Jedi without the Force, the issue is characters like Bane(or even Hondo with the Magna Guard staff) using weapons as if they are a master with them for no real reason.

I mean there is no way Hondo Ohnaka should be able to duel with Anakin Skywalker, yet he does.

The idea that characters with special skills/training/armor/weapons can match a Jedi isn't the problem, lazy writing is. Well that coupled with "OMG, lets give Cad Bane/Hondo Ohnaka/Pre Vizsla a lightsaber, that would be teh bomb cause lightsabers rulz!":p

But I'm still eagerly awaiting the Padme vs Dooku lightsaber duel later this season, that should be great none the less.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010

You're not as funny as you think..... I didn't say anything about Jango using a saber- i just pointed out that jedi can be defeated by non-force user (why Vosa didn't use force to take out the pistol of Jango's hand?- she was surprised and had no time to concentrate- same with Coleman Trebor )

anyway I don't see lightsaber to be much different from vibroblade or other melee weapons- and there is really good swordsmen in real life and they cannot use the force at all....so also someone like Viszla or Hondo can be good swordsmen- Viszla just happened to have a real lightsaber- but he probably trained fencing with vibroblade first (which is almost as dangerous if you hit yourself)

Anakin really needs to train his saberskills since he was not able to defeat Hondo easily (well in ep2 Obi-Wan says that he trains more of his wit) but you didn't consider possibility that Viszla and Hondo may be Force-sensitive- without knowing it:p ... Cato apparently was not since she didn't match even to Ahsoka....

Padmé don't even need a saber she is real markswoman with blaster....[face_laugh]

19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Whats funny is that I'm the one usually going out of my way to drive home the point that non-Jedi can beat Jedi, no way you could know that - but I have spent a great deal of time arguing this point.

I don't want all powerful Jedi that can do it all, that bugs me, by the same extent the Jedi should be good with their weapon of choice - very good in fact, better than anyone that isn't accustomed to using such a weapon.

We can all write all sorts of retcons about Cad Bane being a former Jedi Apprentice or Hondo Ohnaka being a wiz with an electrostaff. To me thats all very meh. Jabba The Hutt is a great example, he's a very dangerous opponent for any Jedi. But he's not dangerous because he can grab a lightsaber and go toe to toe with them in a duel.

He's dangerous becasue he's intelligent and cruel, because he plays to his own strengths and because he's generally well written.

20. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Uh oh, it looks like Bane had the wrong cube:
    [image=http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/cad-bane-holocron-cube.jpg]

21. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Nice!

As for the lightsaber deal, I'm still somewhat on the fence about it..as a huge fan of Bane, I'd hate to see his usage of it as some sort of has-been Force training washout angle and he has sort of a grudge against Jedi(sort of what they did with Grievous), yet watching that three seconds of him dueling with Obi-Wan Kenobi in the trailer was pretty freaking cool! I'm sure he just managed, along the line of his extensive experience as a bounty hunter, to learn how to wield a lightsaber with some moderate level of skill...but only the episode will hopefully tell us what's going on.

22. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    That pic is followwd by Anakin solving the cube with te Force as Ahsoka yells "Don't do it!" :p

23. Terellian_jango

Terellian_jango Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2010
    I wonder if we are going to see his origins or not.

He is similar to Boba Fett.

24. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    I doubt they'll show his origins in the show... A comic will undoubtably role along to cover up his origins, which is probably the only thing which puts him similar to Boba Fett (minus being a bounty hunter)

25. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Presenting Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 "Pound Puppies, Pretty Unicorns, Cupcakes, and Disney Channel" 3010 special edition version of the Cargo of Doom episode as George Lucas truly envisioned it:

Anakin: You have no where left to run Bounty Hunter. (sees Cad Bane's outfit) Oh God!

Cad Bane stands before him wearing a fruit hat and a colorful leotard. Ahsoka is trapped behind a ray shield. A giant television set is placed behind her.

Anakin:(still can't get over his shock over seeing Cad Bane's outfit) Ugghh... *pukes*

Cad Bane:(pulling out a Rubik's cube) Help me solve this little cube of yours. The last Jedi wouldn't solve it for me and so I had no choice but to torture him to death. I hope you don't make the same mistake.

Anakin: And just how did you torture him?

Cad Bane: By doing the Can-Can while singing "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus.

Anakin: Oh God! You monster! You...fruit wearing...leotard wearing monster! *pukes again*

Ahsoka: Please master, don't do what he asks of you. I don't care how horrifying his leotard is.

Cad Bane: Shut up, girl. Now Jedi, I'm honestly having trouble solving this stupid Rubik's cube. You see, I need you to solve it so I can unlock the "Public Access Television" crystal for my employer. (sees Anakin glaring at him) Or else, your young Padawan will be forced to watch a YouTube video of Joe Jonas dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies" song over and over again.

Anakin: You're sick Bane.

Cad Bane: I know and I love myself for it. Now do you think you could kill me and save her from watching a bad YouTube video at the same time? It's a horrible way to spend one's leisurely activities.

Ahsoka: No, master don't do it! I'll just pretend I'm one of those air-headed fourteen year old girls that likes that kind of thing!

Anakin: I can't let you be scarred for life Ahsoka.

Ahsoka: Master! No!

Cad Bane: Hurry up Jedi or she will watch the video!

Anakin finally gives up and decides to use the Force to help Bane solve the Rubik's cube. Ahsoka sits there in dismay. Cad Bane grins evilly, takes a banana from his hat, and eats it. ...Three days later (In this version the ship never explodes) Anakin Skywalker still hasn't solved the Rubik's cube because even the Force itself has trouble solving that toy. Ahsoka is laying on the floor sleeping and Cad Bane has actually eaten his entire fruit hat...including the hat itself. Finally Anakin solves it and the rubix cube is solved.

Cad Bane: Now let me insert the "Public Access Television" crystal into the cube. *Tries to insert crystal into cube*

Crystal:(speaking in a woman's voice) Do you wish to donate a pledge of a 1,000 credits to the "Galatic Republic Public Access" station?

Meanwhile Anakin tries to grab his and Ahsoka's lightsaber by using the Force since Bane is distracted by the horrifying concept of him giving money away. However Bane presses a button on his gauntlet that plays the YouTube video. The sound is loud and everything thanks to Bane's hidden speakers.

Ahsoka: Oh no! And its in high definition too! Master, please help me!

Anakin: I'm coming Ahsoka! There has to be a remote around here somewhere.

Cad Bane: So long Jedi! *uses rocket boots to get away, as Anakin shuts off the power to the television and then frees Ahsoka from her binders*

Ahsoka: Thank you Master for saving me. I-(notices Anakin is trembling)...what's wrong?

Anakin: That-leotard-outfit-of-his-is-going-to-give-me-nightmares-for-weeks.

The end.

Oh and btw there actually is a YouTube video of Joe Jonas dancing to "Single Ladies." (shudders)