main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Oddly enough, I think the following exchange or something to its effect actually happened. XD

*door opens*
    Lucas: Hey, let's use Quinlan Vos sneaking around doing Force stuff around Jar Jar. That would be awesome.
    *door closes*
    Producers: (grabbing writers by collars) No! NO! We cannot do that! We don't have the budget or the model!
    *door opens*
    Lucas: Oh, and I checked with the fans. They love Quinlan and would love that kind of episode. So really, you've got no reason NOT to do it.
    *door closes*

Maybe it wasn't Quinlan exactly, but yeah, he said 'wow, that's a cool idea, let's do that', only for the producers to go 'no, no, we can't!' once he was out. XD

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, it seems Lucas must have watched a Clint Eastwood marathon on TMC or AMC or something. And now I want to watch High Plains Drifter again.(My fav Eastwood spaghetti western.)

3. Shadow555

Shadow555 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    I think Cad Bane is great. He and Ventress are my two favorite villains in The Clone Wars. I can't wait to see if there is an episode in Season 02 that has both Bane and Ventress in it. I would be speechless the whole times watching it. Cad Bane is awesome and I can't wait to see more of him in Season 02.

4. Pat Darksider

Pat Darksider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    Perhaps Bane is more aimed at kids, but since the first time I saw him (long before the TCW Movie premiere) I wasn´t to fond of him. The inspiration for him is quite to obvious and not very creative...on the other side perhaps I would like him more if he´d been solely on his own without his silly entourage (except Aurra).

The CGI Model of him was fabolous and stands over the regular models in my opinion, but I really liked Durge better, no matter how bad he was handled in the 2003 Series. I really love him in the Gungan Genocide Plot in the Comics.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    High Plains Drifter is not a spaghetti western. It was directed by Eastwood and shot in the USA.

6. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Thanks for the clarification...it's still my favorite though.:p

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This character is the best newly introduced character so far, IMO.

Him strolling into the atrium with the senators reminded me of the Joker crashing the party in The Dark Knight.

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Man, I need to go work for Dark Horse. I know comics don't pay, but the amount of free head they get from Star Wars fans is astounding. I could just pump out some art that looks like fill-in art from an mid-90's issue of X-Force and throw in a "mature" story about dead Ewoks and Gungans, and I'm in free head for life.

9. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    I think Cad Bane is awesome. Since he works for the highest bidder, I'd like to see him work for the Republic just once. Palpatine was probably impressed and also wouldn't hesitate to call on him, although the Jedi wouldn't like his ruthlessness. And seeing the good guys lose is pretty sweet.

10. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    The idea of having Cad Bane work with the Jedi sounds interesting. Could he be a bad guy that becomes good later on? He doesn't seem to have a sense of honor like Hondo, but he also doesn't seem to particularly enjoy hurting people.
    What about Bane working with Asajj?.. For some reason the thought seems kind of humorous.

11. Shadow555

Shadow555 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    That would be humorous. I would love to see that!

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Cad Bane was pretty cool, I thought. They need to tone down the reverb on his voice, though. It was very hard to understand in places.

13. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    There were parts where his voice sounded almost normal then there were parts where he sounded like a droid, although I could understand almost everything he said.

14. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Catgirl_from_Eoz Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2005

Hey fellows! :D Won't be long now, and we'll get to receive even moooore opportunity to explore this bounty hunter in action! [face_mischief]

Personally... I can't wait! :p LOL! :cool:

15. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Me neither. You ;) use [face_dancing] a [face_thinking] lot :( of :D faces.

16. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I've been wondering when this thread would be upped...good work, Baratne!:D :p Yes, not much longer now, gods, the anticipation is almost killing me![face_beatup] [face_laugh]

Yes, she tends to do that![face_laugh] :p (So do I, it seems...)

17. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    This thread existed and I didn't know about it? Awwww, man.

Anyhow, just so I make more of a contribution than a blunt one-liner, you know a character has made the big time when they've got a kid's Halloween costume already.

See for yourself.

Sorry, I ran out of brain bleach.

18. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Ohhh, my eyes!/C-3PO

But then again, it is a kids costume, they make them like that all the time.

19. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Catgirl_from_Eoz Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2005

^ [face_laugh] LOL! [face_laugh]

Well, what can I say? :p I AM the leader of the smiley army! [face_mischief] O:)

Then again, I can sure tell Ludo is being enthusiastic too! [face_laugh] Yeah, the more faces the more the high spirits in the person, I say. :)

And yes, the current countdown is definitely giving reason for feeling giddy! :D Like this morning, the very first thought, quite literally, which hit me upon awakening, was the following: Hmm, Friday... One more week! OMG!!! :eek: <--- Yeah... call me fanatic! 8-}

Indeed, I stumbled upon this site the other day anew, and noticed it had been down for a while...and the present time is just right for reviving it again, mesa thought![face_batting] **holds head high with pride** Thankles, Partner! [face_laugh] **tips hat** [face_cowboy]

Hopefully, we'll get to see some of those awesome clips again taking hold of both tube and net soon: "Only 7...6...5...4...3...2...1 days remain!" :cool: Those had been cool apetizers for Season 1 back in its days, too! [face_dancing] And my private preference would be for them to hold several shots of dee Duros gunslinger here as well. [face_mischief] Whoot! :D

20. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    My friend catgirl^ just sent me this...the vid shows I think Ben 10 Alien Force or something, but towards the middle of the vid at the bottom of the screen it shows Bane sort of advertizing the new season.:p

So long, Cartoon network!

21. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    LMAO. I normally don't like those little programming bugs (which is what they're called for those unfamiliar with network terms), but that one was amusing.

Now if Bane could just do that with CN's live action programming...

22. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Hehe. That guy's cool, there's no denying it. :cool:

Though his flying exit was a bit too super-heroish for my taste.

23. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Hey, gotta get him off the screen somehow.

I'll admit, I lol'ed at the exit, but the slight tip of the hat is was got me the most.

24. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, the hat tip sold it for me.:p

25. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Is anyone else desperately searching for a Cad Bane figure? :p My Walmart had one in last week, and when I went to get it, someone got him.... [face_frustrated]