main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD The OFFICIAL Comments, Complaints, and Suggestions Thread-(*Currently Discussing: Holiday Season*)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Rox , May 31, 2002.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It would be gift art that we'll post up into the thread.

Just for feedback on preferences from what I have seen so far, what would everyone like?:
    • a holiday-themed art thread (not restricted to the December month)

• a gift art exchange event - roulette

• both

• something other?

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I definitely like the secret santa gift idea. If I find the time in-between projects(working on SW sketch cards at the moment), I'll gladly participate. I really regret not being able to do anything last year.

A holiday themed thread is an interesting idea and it definitely wouldn't hurt to give it a try. The only thing I suggest is to go with what TrakNar said and not limit it to just Earth-based holiday art. If we extend it to include Star Wars and other fandoms, then I think you have a real winner.

And just adding on to what was mentioned about a roulette. I believe it was earlybird-obi-wan who approached me about this in the past, but it would be cool if we can do a roulette type activity instead of the monthly challenge or as the monthly challenge or something like that.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Both. Not a clue what that "something other" would be. I'll be honest, I actually very rarely draw anything holiday related beyond an idle doodle of bounty hunters partaking in drunken New Year's Eve festivities; such idle doodles that are rarely scanned. Haven't ever drawn anything Life Day related, but I'd be open to giving it a shot.

Oh, wait... some type of craft project, perhaps? Like simple ornaments? Get plastic Christmakwanzukkahtetamadonlifeen-mastivus bulbs and paint them?

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    HanSolo29, I agree that it'd be best to keep the holiday thread open to other fandoms/universes too and gives more diversity and creative range. About the roulette, I am interested in trying it out. It is similar to how we be doing the Secret Santa gift exchange...and how we did Pictionary where each person is assigned a set of options/categories by the host and they have to pick one to create?

TrakNar, I haven't done much holiday related works either. I think I've done two that is borderline, one with a pirate theme, the other is celebration drinks. The craft project, would that be like a 'build your own' instructional type?

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I would assume so. Perhaps with images of the work-in-progress, if it's a painted bulb or something. I honestly don't know, I was just thinking along the lines of making ornaments or something. :/

Then again, my idea of decorating a tree is to stick a bunch of my toys in it like they're battling it out for the top of the tree...

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh, that'd be fun. Decorating the tree is a big production which...we'll probably be doing soon in my household. I usually put something extra on it as a hidden 'surprise' that goes unnoticed for a while.

I will put together the Secret Santa and the Holiday themed threads soon so that everyone can have enough time to participate.

I like the crafts idea and it has potential to be something more than just the holiday setting. It could cover from sculpting to... other forms, with possibly instructional guides, W.I.P. feedback, showcase final works.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The 2011 Fan Art Gift Exchange is up and the holiday themed thread will be follow soon.

The Art Challenge will return in January and it will play out a bit different from the usual format.