main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Darth Maul Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Darth Dementor

Darth Dementor Jedi Master star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm so in; Darth Maul is the TRUTH!

Mace Windu is Awesome likes this.
  2. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Yes, he would be the perfect match against Thrawn as Maul was expertly taciturn and strategic minded, it was part of his training and job as Sith Apprentice to carry out the work of a general and enforcer. That was always clear in TPM like when split up the Jedi and TCW at least attempted to play on that for the most part.

Kendo's significance on Darth Maul:

Erkan12 and Valency Jane like this.
  4. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    If there is Thrawn vs. Maul in Rebels I suppose we won't see it until S. 4 because I expect Thrawn to come last and for a short glance only - just like Vader popped up at the very end in S. 1. As the big firework-closer like Maul was in S. 2.

Erkan12 and Valency Jane like this.
  5. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Insider 168.

CampOfSorgan and Valency Jane like this.
  6. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I looove the new thread-title! Very good idea, Erkan!

I wonder about one headline on the magazin's frontpage. Trawn is back? Was he ever away? ;)

7. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013

I didn't notice this before, lol.

8. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Yo guys where are you... Mother_Talzin Sudooku Vorax The Shadow Emperor

[​IMG]

Anyway I had to make double post sorry about that, I think the path that Maul is going in the Rebels series isn't bad at all, if he survives this encounter with Ben Kenobi (which logically he should if he wouldn't underestimate his opponent again) he can survive it again. But here some thoughts over this ;

- Maul can plant a beacon to Tatooine, similar to Atollon
    - Maul can threat Ben Kenobi with it if he loses the fight

Now, here it comes, what Kenobi do in this situation ? Since we know that he can't trust Maul.

9. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Or a beacon rather similar to Raydonia? I hope not. But why fight Obi-Wan when he already got his revenge on him by killing Satine? And in the throne room in Sundari he told Obi-Wan that he never wanted to kill him but to make him suffer. So what changed in Rebels? Another retcon?

Erkan12 likes this.
  10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't think Maul would plant a beacon or pull any tricks like that. He wants to finish off Obi-Wan himself, not let the Empire do it.

11. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Maul's endgame is likely a convoluted one, as he's had the opportunity to achieve a number of things but leaves the storyline hanging. I hope the writers make sense of his place in the Rebels series, before potentially ending his character. I'm still a bit baffled that he didn't resurrect any Nightsisters or make contact with any surviving Nightbrothers. He was seemingly devastated with the loss of Savage and Talzin, but did nothing to rebuild his home and culture? His time spent on Dathomir after the CW felt like he focused on collecting trinkets and going mad...

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Star Wars Insider article featured pretty much the same stuff. They seem determined to keep the character in a carousel. Which basically keeps the character constrained in a box, basically a controlled fire. Its kinda annoying. But if he was unleashed all the characters would be dead, its their way of protecting the other Star Wars characters from him cause they're featured in the films that take place after the cartoons.[face_coffee]

Star Wars Insider:

13. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I cant really add anything as I haven't seen from season 3 on of Rebels. :(

14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Well,

yesterday I re-watched TCW S. 4, ep. "Revenge". Anybody here who did catch that striking similarity to the battle scene between Kylo Ren and Rey at the Starkiller basis?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tay Neir likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A heavily recommended point.

Though I myself only watched the Thrawn or Maul episodes of the season. I know, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    -''Now I am the master.''

What's up Maul fans? Let's talk about the recent developments about Maul.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  17. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I enjoyed the cameo and its potential to bring the character back to film, but considering Solo did poorly, I'm wondering if that tidbit is all fans will get now. The mention of Dathomir is what really excited me, considering how beautiful they've made some SW worlds for previous movies. I'd love to see the planet realized on film, and have a certain mother pop up as well - Glenn Close, make room on your schedule.

18. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    To be honest, without that cameo it could've been even worse. Just like Phantom Menace could've been even worse without a character like Maul.

Btw, what do you guys think Maul becoming a Jedi?
    [​IMG]

I know it would be terrible, so Maul resisted only 2 pages... :))
    [​IMG]

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    To bring a character back like Maul to the big screen live action, means they have plans and they said as much. Solo under-performed but it still made money, it was a mediocre but still a good Star Wars movie, it badly suffered cause they spent like 150 million and wasted it all with the prior directors that botched the production. Lucasfilm/Disney's fault primarily.

"There will be no satisfaction until the Jedi Order lies in ashes. We will be the fire that burns them down." - Darth Maul , seeds of the Crimson Dawn anyone, was Poe listening. lol.

We are the spark that'll light the fire that'll burn the First Order down.- Poe

I also liked how Maul used the, "all too easy" line so early on.

Maul would've made a great Jedi, but he was taken by Sidious to be his Apprentice, because of his power and potential that eclipsed even Talzin's. Talzin wasn't much better a mother either, and Nightsisters are imbued in the Dark arts and they're just as savage as the Sith especially towards the males. The Dark Side was chosen for him, its all he knew, he's a tragic figure like Anakin. The Sith of Bane train their apprentices to hate the Jedi and into believing they're evil as well as those he believe in them as scum basically to be slaughtered.

I like Maul's instinct was to pounce upon that Rancor-like creature and kill it in mere seconds, just like a reflex, and no exhaustion. "Always remember I am a hunter..."

I think Maul's spirit is alive and well, we'll be seeing more him. Remember they been teasing Maul's presence and return since "Shattered Empire".

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  20. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    TPM would have been a snooze without Maul - imagine if they filled that role with Dooku instead - not nearly as interesting, nor able to captivate an audience. This isn't a knock on the character nor actor, both are good and have their place in the SW universe, but Maul added a level of mystery and intrigue that Dooku did not. Maul also has a threatening appearance, while someone like Dooku or Palpatine could simply pass as your grandfather.

His cameo in Solo certainly added a much needed twist and allowed the audience to question the entirety of the movie and Maul's role in galactic affairs during this era. Dryden for example, did not achieve the same, and turned out to be a bit forgettable. I'd wager the Maul cameo resulted in many fans wishing they'd see more of him in the future, considering he was one of the very few exciting surprises.

Erkan12 likes this.
  21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Lol. [face_rofl] Dooku would have talked much more in TPM.

Dooku to Qui-Gon: "I'm so sorry my old friend, but I can't spare your life now, even if you surrender."

And Yoda would not argue with his fellows at Qui-Gon's pyre if Dooku was the master or the apprentice. But Dave Filoni would not have approved Dooku's comeback with robo-legs in TCW for sure.

Dooku killing his first padawan would be indeed a test, Sidious would have been fond of. With Maul he was "gentle". He praised his fight at Hypori, bestowing on him the honour of being a Sithlord even and he killed Savage instead of letting Maul do it.

And if Dooku in RotS would kill Anakin instead, then we have an all-Dooku PT.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Erkan12 likes this.
  22. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

--- Pics from Insider 185.

Yeah, they needed an image for the Sith, and obviously Dooku couldn't be that image.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He looks mighty there.

Erkan12 likes this.
  24. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Mighty Maul - Yeah!

Erkan12 likes this.
  25. Erkan12