main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official DUALITY Comments Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Feb 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Thank you, thank you! I plan on doing one for "A Question of Faith," but that may be a little harder with the other double-bladed lightsabers....

2. TheDorkboy

TheDorkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    I'm writing a fanfic that encompasses Lord Rive and ALSO the events of Duel. I don't think I'll be going into too much detail on Darth Oz, though.

M. Scott

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Looks like you DUALITY boys have spawned a new generation of Star Wars lore! :)

4. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Woah, I finally managed to see the 480 version of DUALITY on the Uni computers, and it is a whole heap better than I first saw it. 19" monitor - full screen - BEAUTIFUL!

Ah, if only I could get some money for a new machine! :D

5. Lord_Rive

Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff star 4 VIP

Jun 29, 2000
    Now, if only we could figure out a way to let everyone see the full-res DV version...

:)

6. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Just to let Lord Rive and the crew know: I work for Gateway Country and use your footage to show off how "cool" it looks and sounds on a surround sound set. We have a 36" TV hooked into a computer with 5.1 digital surround (and pro logic for this matter.) The team usually sit our clients down in the "living room" as we call it, and have them gaze in awe at what you have done while we figure up quotes for them. Very nice job gentlemen. It works for us and keeps our clients busy! =)

PS: Can't wait to see a DVD version!

7. Aliensfilm

Aliensfilm Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2000
    A DVD version would be awsome!
    I think it coud come out on the DVD with Total Movie magazine sometime.

8. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Elenrai - The DUALITY pimp! :D

I'd love to see a DVD version. If you have ever edited on video, you will instantly see the improvement in quality when it is put out to a television. DUALITY would look shibby!

9. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    HAHAHA... yes, I do. It is actually quite amusing to see the "Made with Mac" at the end. Most clients don't even see it to tell you the truth. I think it is because they are so awe-struck over what you have done, they can't read at the end. LOL!

10. DarkATX

DarkATX Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    This thread is truly the gift that keeps on giving!
    :::marks this as post # 399:::

11. Maul316

Maul316 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    Yes, the 400th post...

12. Tosal Vetur

Tosal Vetur Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 1999
    For starter I want to say that I haven´t read this topic really, too long.

I have to say that I didn´t like Duality that much.

Although I knew it was basically going to be a lightsabre duel I was hoping that we would hear more dialoque. Some additional conversation between the Siths would have been great. I was hoping that the apprentices would speak during the fight. And some more dialoque between the Master and the Apprentice(don´t remember the names) would have raised te mood greatly. I couldn´t be too hard to add some dialoque.

And the Lightsabre fight was too mechanical. They hitted, blocked, hitted, blocked. Would might have looked better if they would have held the sabres against each other for a while and would have stopped the fighting for a few seconds an just look at each other, like they would pause for a moment to think of a new attack strategy. Hard to explain.

The sith temple or whatever looked kool from outside, but from inside it looked rather dull. for me it was like some factory or something, gray and metal. The corridor to the training arena looked like an air ventilation shaft. And the training arena looked like a huge empty oil tank or something like that. It didn´t look sinister enough for a sith temple. I would like if it was something more, well, temple-like, ornaments and statued and stuff.

The Sith apprentices were kool looking, but I can´t understand why the Master has to look like Sidious. For me pale face cloacked by a hood is just for Sidious. He even talked in a similar way as Sidious. You came up with great designs for the apprentices, why didn´t you do so with the Master?

CGI was the only thing I really liked in this. The exterior shots looked great, and even though I didn´t like the design of the interior it looked almost real.

13. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I have to say that Tosal's comments (immediately preceding this one) are EXACTLY the type of DESCRIPTIVE criticisism from someone who didn't like certain aspects of the film that people should strive to emulate.

See how he EXPLAINS his opinions in an INTELLIGENT and COURTEOUS manner? From this, the "Crew of Two" can understand WHY he didn't like aspects of the film, and do what they will with the information.

MUCH better (and more intelligent) than a simple ... "I didn't like it."

14. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    I also applaude Tosal for sharing his opinions with the group in such an enlightened way.

It's just a shame he's wrong:)

15. Tosal Vetur

Nov 12, 1999
    hey! what happened to respecting other people´s opinions? :eek:

16. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Easy tiger!

I did respect your opinion, I just didn't agree with it. By putting the smiley after if I had hoped you would understand I was only having a laugh. I suppose dry british humour doesn't translate so well.

Surely you aren't offended by my critique of your critique? That would be kind of ironic wouldn't it!

17. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Don't worry about it DaftMaul. Remember Americans don't understand real humour.

:)

Pete

18. Tosal Vetur

Nov 12, 1999
    I know it was said as a joke, but so was my comment, but you dry brittish people didn´t seem to understand it :)

AND I´m not american, I´m finnish, and damn proud of it!

19. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    With a name like Tosal Vetur I didn't think for one minute you where American to be honest! It's nice to see we're all happy again.

So, out of interest, which fan films have you liked to date?

20. Tosal Vetur

Nov 12, 1999
    But Ptx did think I´m american

Troops - I like dialogue,
    but the "fanfilm" I´m working on won´t probably have any dialoque :eek:

21. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    No dialogue huh?
    does this mean you are coming round to Duality' style after all?

22. Tosal Vetur

Nov 12, 1999
    it has no actors either, it´s just a small CGI thingy

23. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    I humbly apologise for calling you american.

Lets hope a travesty like this never happens again!

Pete - A proud member of the 51st state :p

24. secracium

secracium Jedi Master

Mar 1, 2001
    valiant effort, but most of the films that i've seen haven't had a whole lot of originality to them. a lot of the moves in the lightsaber fight seem to have been taked straight out of phantom menace. same goes for a lot of the other films. looks like the fighting styles have been copied straight from some movie. don't want to put down the creators of the film, i enjoyed it, but i just think that there needs to be more originality in these films

25. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey, Pete!

"The Americans dont understand REAL humour?"

That's a joke within itself! At least they have a sense of humour. You make a joke with anyone around my area, and they look at you really weird!

What I can't get is people not from the UK say that we have a DRY sense of humor. HOW THE HELL DID IT GET WET?!?!?!?!

I much prefer the American way. You tell a joke, they laugh their ass off. You tell a joke here, and they hold it against you.

I was once told by the EP of Snow Falling On Ceders that I should be a stand up comic. I think I will go for it - Hey it cant hurt to try!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.